ANOTHER 2-team thread Topic

Posted by dedelman on 7/3/2013 5:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 7/3/2013 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Read a pretty good line today that basically sums up the whole "two team" situation.

Here goes, "In the Navy, or in any fascist state, they have laws against almost everything, rules which are never enforced as long as you behave yourself.  Then you make somebody mad, or the Admiral wakes up on the wrong side of the cot and BAM!  You just broke fifteen laws.  Having laws on the books which are not enforced puts every policeman in the robes of a judge, empowered to decide who are guilty today.  In a free society, since the law cannot be arbitrarily or selectively enforced, a statute that is not enforced is not enforceable".

That about covers it, wouldn't you say?  Would LOVE to see Seble's response to that. 
By the way, that's Bill James, the baseball stats guru/elder, who wrote that.
Yep.
7/4/2013 12:19 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 7/4/2013 12:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ike1024 on 7/3/2013 11:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 7/3/2013 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 7/3/2013 3:31:00 PM (view original):
Colonels, most of what you said is stupid.  For example, your continued insistence he should have kept recruiting.

A) he did

B) I probably wouldn't have; if CS is going to intervene, why would I waste more money on those guys instead of saving it to get 3 other recruits who can help me win?
He stopped for some time, waiting for seble to throw in the white towel for him, as referenced by the following ticket entry, which I've already posted...

7/2/2013 2:10 PM        myfriend
otherguy just took the lead on Player 1 with his DIII school. He is already leading on Player 2 with his DII school, mostly because I am holding back money to see what you do.

As for B, recruiting isn't done in a vacuum...who's to say that someone else wasn't going to jump in at any point...what do you do then, give the first guy the recruit and let him keep the money?  Ha...can you say slippery slope?  You'd also have to look at the potential carryover cash involved as well when you're asking/BEGGING WIS to stop someone on your behalf.  Again, you'll never catch me ******** if this happens to me.

Lastly, I don't care that you think I've regressed on here lately.  I'm not perfect, and if I have something to say that I'm passionate about, then I'm going to pipe up.  I'm nobody's puppet/crony....I don't need people to tell me what to do, say, or otherwise...post on my behalf, back me up, etc.  In general, I think some people on this site are too soft and don't want to be accountable/responsible for their actions, and that's what gets to me from time to time...if I think you're trying to puss out on something, sure I'll take you to task about it.  Wronoj starts a thread about something that's basically resolved/nearing resolution just to say "we're right, right?", looking for some ultimate blessing from the HD community to affirm their stance/situation, so they could point to something (the poll) when/in case Seble said "No".  He wasn't vague because it was "in the works", he was vague because he was pitching his agenda/side of the story...everyone will say otherwise of course, but c'mon...plain as day...
It's great if that's how you justify being a stubborn douche, but it doesn't change your stubborn douchiness.
I'll try to keep this short and sweet because I feel like I'm just going to end up repeating myself.  I don't like getting/being like this...wronoj posted a very one sided, evidence lacking, waiting for daddy to stop the fight gripe that was basically already resolved and he still wanted to fight about it.  This thing was resolved before I made my first post, but that wasn't made clear until 3 hours later...he/you wanted the show and you got it.  I resent the manner in which he and theeyetest played this thing out, because it was over before it started.  In these situations/forum gripes, there's never an "I'm gonna win this anyway" mantra, and that's what gets me...the first inclination is to lay down...

Getting back to the "cheating" issue...unless I missed something, I could screw theeyetest just as bad and probably worse by taking a decent D3 team with a lot of open scholarships by waiting til he had who he wanted "considering" and just dump all my money on those guys to steal them away, just to **** him off/ruin his recruiting session/etc.  That wouldn't be cheating but what stjmarsh did was...it's kind of laughable, because where is the intent more malicious...it's like, if you want to know what it's liked to get ****** in this game, I'll pony up $13 and show you, legally...

I have 2 teams in a world, so you understand where I stand on the situation before jumping on my statement, but I think you're missing the point that the cheating was not as much about one guy using 2 teams to gang up on 1, but more about the fact that by using the 2 teams, he has information about the battles that he otherwise would not have.

Under your scenario, you could get a team with a bunch of scholarships and take the 1 guy to screw him, but that means you dont care about this team and plan to leave it, but if you are using these 2 teams and trying to win with both, you won't because then you will be left with a bunch of open scholarships.

In the end I agree that I would stop spending the money because you are throwing money at a battle that is impossible to win unless both sides were battling fairly.

I'm glad you feel passionate and are defending your stance and I agree that all the forum threads about cheating are getting lame, but right now you only sound like someone who was proven wrong and rather than just accept it and bow out, you get defensive instead.

7/4/2013 1:45 AM
All of you who are arguing with colonels19 here need to understand you are arguing with someone of apparently less than normal intelligence, someone who actually thought the resume below deserved a D1 job of his choosing in the D- prestige range.  Someone who was so upset that he was actually eligible for some D1 jobs (and not others) at D- prestige that he actually started a thread in the main forum to complain about it.  Folks, you can't win any argument when you are arguing with someone so insanely hard-headed that he will never see the other side of the argument.

Colonels, just like in that situation, you are dead wrong in this situation.  This was blatant cheating.  I appreciated wronoj trying to keep the potentially cheating coach's name anonymous until CS determined it was cheating.  He understood there was a chance he could be missing something and he could be wrong so he kept names out of it.  Perhaps you could learn a thing or 2 from this situation.  A person isn't right just because they think they are right.  You are making yourself look like an even bigger fool by continuing to argue the point after CS found the offending coach guilty.  Move on.

61 colonels19 27-2 13-0 13-0 1-2 16-0 14 27 120 A- Conf Champion
NT At-large Bid
NT (1st Round)
60 colonels19 26-4 10-2 14-0 2-2 15-1   49 127 B Conf Champion
NT At-large Bid
NT (1st Round)
59 colonels19 11-17 2-9 8-7 1-1 6-10   175 180 C+  
58 colonels19 19-11 6-6 11-4 2-1 13-3   58 42 B PI (1st Round)
57 colonels19 23-6 11-1 11-3 1-2 14-2   46 128 B NT At-large Bid
NT (1st Round)
56 colonels19 18-11 9-4 7-6 2-1 11-5   108 203 C+  
55 colonels19 15-13 7-7 7-5 1-1 9-7   201 275 C  
54 colonels19 9-19 5-8 3-10 1-1 5-11   192 148 C-  
7/4/2013 1:20 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Can we PLEASE arrange a colonels/bistiza* cage match? Not enough popcorn in the world. Also, I'm really interested in who would be more offended by the suggestion.

*I just can't add "bistiza" to spell check no matter how annoying it gets.
7/4/2013 7:03 PM
"If all like prestiges aren't created the same, then there should be some transparency to show their differences..."

as noted  in the context of the jobs complaint thread, all letter grades in the game represent rounded results of decimals and may therefore differ within a grade.
7/4/2013 10:47 PM
Posted by metsmax on 7/4/2013 10:47:00 PM (view original):
"If all like prestiges aren't created the same, then there should be some transparency to show their differences..."

as noted  in the context of the jobs complaint thread, all letter grades in the game represent rounded results of decimals and may therefore differ within a grade.
I understand that this is the case, but I think it's rather ridiculous and the lack of transparency doesn't do it any favors.  The fact that I was a longshot for 2 D prestiges and not qualified for at least 10 D- prestiges is what really got to me.  I feel that the process is unnecessarily complicated/vague, especially with how empty the game/D1 is nowadays.
7/4/2013 11:08 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I didn't want to read 6 pages of posts.  Could it be a possibility of the kid just showing up on the higher school?  I voted foul, but I suppose this is at least a possibility.  Thankfully, I also think it's something WIS could easily look into.
7/5/2013 6:33 AM
Do you even know what this thread is about?
7/5/2013 6:41 AM
You mean other than people being snarky, dahs?  Yeah...a guy had to battle D2 and D3 teams that were alts of the same person.  

Edit:  I see it's been resolved and now it's regressed to nothing more than a ******* match.  Wish I hadn't had time to go back and read the rest of the posts.  
7/5/2013 7:31 AM (edited)
Posted by udm_mike on 7/5/2013 7:31:00 AM (view original):
You mean other than people being snarky, dahs?  Yeah...a guy had to battle D2 and D3 teams that were alts of the same person.  

Edit:  I see it's been resolved and now it's regressed to nothing more than a ******* match.  Wish I hadn't had time to go back and read the rest of the posts.  

haha, snarky...I love that word.
7/5/2013 12:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
ANOTHER 2-team thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.