Smokey's DDL CAfe - 'Closed' til DDL#3 Topic

amerk an early pick in the 1st round does make for a long wait, but is needed to balance the league wrt distribution of talent. I would rather a round per day (30min/slots) personally. But with the variety of schedules IRL among the members I'm not sure it would work out. I think we would have too many skips.
7/24/2013 7:21 AM
Tyler and Kenon were both great 5th round picks.
7/25/2013 11:40 AM
Posted by longtallbrad on 7/25/2013 11:40:00 AM (view original):
Tyler and Kenon were both great 5th round picks.
I was really hoping for Kenon...
7/25/2013 11:41 AM
I considered Kenon as my SF but opted for Kauffman instead.  The latter is only 97% at SF (the season I intend to use) but most of his numbers are a little better and he was part of my assist-by-committee strategy. 

Still some good players left on the board.  Filling out twenty-four benches down to the twelfth man will be interesting.  We'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel, and it will become increasingly difficult to avoid the triple threat guys who can't shoot, don't play defense, and can't keep their hands to themselves. 

7/25/2013 12:07 PM
Brad, you weren't here for DDL#1..the draft up til now has been the easy part and not much different than say the ODL or $52M drafts. Now from the 6th round out is when the DDL gets very different, players you wouldn't look at once let alone twice are "must have players". You would kill  for that player that shoots 45%, has some usage and could defend his own wallet by the 8th round. Specific design goals are now critical, the draft the best ($$) player stratagy is a quick trip to league laugh'er. I actually think the middle of the 70's draft is deeper than the 80's mid draft was, and the 90's makes me cringe in fear. I think the 70's draft is deeper mainly because of the ABA players. Well, this is where we find out "who's who and what's what..lol.  And where you find out what makes the DDL, the DDL. (Damn Difficult League). Most of us love it...ya, we're whacked! 
7/25/2013 12:54 PM (edited)
I'm good with it, smokey!  I think things are starting to get interesting.  There are things I love about my team so far, and things that make me cringe.
7/25/2013 12:41 PM
Posted by eleibowitz on 7/17/2013 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Now the question is Tang going to show up after being kicked out of ODL mid-season
Bernardo: it is great uncle hasn't read forums lately... by the way, inform yourself about your comment before making it, señor...
7/26/2013 6:23 PM
Bernardo: I only got one month left before I get incarcerated in school again... I like my team splits thus far 40+ oreb% 100+ dreb% 70assist% and so-so defense and efg% now my foul and turnovers are kind of bad but it's not like they are above average for this decade lol
7/26/2013 6:33 PM
Tang has made all his picks on time...things seems cool to me.
7/26/2013 9:33 PM
I am surprised that Dave Bing was still out there. He is a solid impact player in the 70's, with a 29.9 use%. and 49eFG%.  I'll be parking him @ SG, thx.
7/26/2013 9:37 PM
how are your teams doing with fouls doing i feel like my team fouls a ton. im trying to figure out weather its just my team or the 70s in general.
7/27/2013 12:12 PM
I notice everyone is commenting on the PF's drafted so far. These 70's players played lots of minutes/game, I think it makes them look more foul prone than they really are. I basicly look at it as 1pf/10min's of floor time is not all that bad, particluarly on a good defender.
7/27/2013 1:47 PM
NOTICE - Guy's when you are commish of a draft league you start to see the patterns wrt when members draft. After doing this for a 2nd time I'm seeing the same patterns. I think we can make the draft more enjoyable with some changes to our scheduling. I propose this 1) draft M-F only, 10:00am-9:00pm (eastern), 2) 30 minute time slots and 3) 2 picks in rounds 9 & 10. This will cut the time to draft a team to about  two to two and a half weeks. Everyone gets to have 1 pick a day, no waiting a couple of days between picks. Hopefully not drafting on the weekend will reduce members being skipped. If we can make better use of the proxy system this should work well. Please come participate in a discussion in the CAfe. Thx.
7/27/2013 4:20 PM
Oh, one more thing we won't need to SM, just draft @ your assigned time. If we can reduce the draft to two and a half weeks and everyone gets a pick a day, then why push the schedule.
7/27/2013 4:26 PM
A couple more things, 1) we can probably do away with the off-the-clock draft all together. 2) we could start the draft at the completion of the reg season or at the completion of the PO's. We should get a consensus on when the draft starts.
7/27/2013 4:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11|12 Next ▸
Smokey's DDL CAfe - 'Closed' til DDL#3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.