Posted by dh555 on 8/4/2013 10:13:00 AM (view original):
well...you got your super division ash....curious to know the reasoning behind it and why you ordered the names like you did....i mean, what did poor thomcat do to you? haha...and i get why youre making me suffer but why sly and felonius ? and why did tarheel get a pass?
Answers to all of the above:
1) If I am able to get the bye, I'm denying some of my strongest competition said bye & will have a fatigue advantage should we meet in the playoffs.
2) I really don't like this "draft your division" format
3) As a rule, I hold that confidence will get you far in the sim, & I'm generally pretty confident. If I can't win a strong division, I don't deserve the title.
4) Since we are doing this draft your division crap and most of my scoring is coming from the back court, I put most of the 100 back court defensive teams near the bottom (or the combination 90+s). That's why I put tarheel so far down & Sly so high even though I think sly has a better squad.
5) I'm quasi-convinced the sim has some curse on felonius, so I figured I'd take advantage of that while I'm at it, too.
6) There are no easy divisions in this league. There were only 3 or 4 teams I considered truly weak. Also, only a couple of teams really stood out as elite in my mind... this is a league of parity.
7) Did I mention I hate this draft your division crap?
8) Banditone generally owns me in this sim for some reason so I put him really far down
9) I couldn't pick vance, badja or yard