recruiting against a sim Topic

Posted by rednu on 7/15/2013 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by slicknick777 on 7/15/2013 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Also if I'm not mistaken the distance is irrelevant. Anyone know what the distance of each recruit is for a sim? I thought I read somewhere it was 200-something.
From the WIS knowledgebase..."Also, AI-controlled schools recruiting efforts are the equivalent to being roughly 200 miles from the recruit regardless of actual distance."

Thanks. I knew I had seen it somewhere but I wasn't gonna try and find it on my phone. I like how they use the word "roughly" though when 200 is an important distance.
7/15/2013 2:39 PM
Posted by slicknick777 on 7/15/2013 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 7/15/2013 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by slicknick777 on 7/15/2013 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Also if I'm not mistaken the distance is irrelevant. Anyone know what the distance of each recruit is for a sim? I thought I read somewhere it was 200-something.
From the WIS knowledgebase..."Also, AI-controlled schools recruiting efforts are the equivalent to being roughly 200 miles from the recruit regardless of actual distance."

Thanks. I knew I had seen it somewhere but I wasn't gonna try and find it on my phone. I like how they use the word "roughly" though when 200 is an important distance.
Yeah, I've always appreciated that level of vagueness as well. It really doesn't matter in my eyes though -- when I'm up against a Sim, all I care about is my bank account, the distance from me to the recruit and the level of commitment the recruit has to the Sim team according to Word on the Street. After that, it's just a matter of throwing enough dollars at the recruit.
7/15/2013 6:28 PM
Thanks for the thoughts everyone... one more question/example on the topic.  In D1 ,do you think it is usually closer to 10, 15, or 20k to overtake a "tight" sim with similar prestige ( and lets assume similar distance)?
7/16/2013 3:03 AM
It's a minimum of 30 HV.  I think.
7/16/2013 8:51 AM
◂ Prev 12
recruiting against a sim Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.