A few guys are not available for playoff line up Topic

Fatigue in the playoffs works the same as it does in the regular season.
8/1/2013 2:21 PM
I meant rested my starters.

So, does it affect peformance? Or just chance of injury?
8/1/2013 3:40 PM
Depends on what you believe happens in the regular season with fatigued players.

I don't have enough experience playing fatigued players to comment on performance.   I think fatigue below 98% increases the chance of injury based on minor league injuries where I let guys play a little bit deeper into fatigue.
8/1/2013 7:59 PM
Found it under Player Settings > HELP > Auto Rest explanation;

Auto Rest - This value is associated with the player's fatigue level as he enters a game. The fatigue level is under the % on this page. If a player's % is below his Auto Rest value on game day, he will automatically be removed from the lineup and will not play in the game. If it's a position player, he must have a backup listed in the Player Rest hierarchy or else he'll remain in the lineup. Based on the status of the team (other players' fatigue), there are occasional instances where a player will play despite being under his auto rest setting. To edit this value, please click on the dropdown arrow for the player under player rest and select one of the values listed. You may choose not to use this feature for the player by selecting N/A (not applicable). In this case, the player will be available to play in every game no matter how low his stamina is. Pre-game fatigue effects the player's maximum performance for the game. As the player is used throughout the game, he may fatigue more and incur a larger performance hit. On top of the performance hits, fatigued players are also more prone to injury. The player entering the game for replacement will be chosen based on your rest hierarchy as indicated under the Manager Settings tab. Please note, you can adjust the default auto rest setting from the Management Console.

This kind of explains my division rival Monterey. They were 58-33 before all star break then 37-30 after. It was the same thing last year. He never rests his guys and they are all hovering about 90-92 fatigue for playoffs;

You can take a look at his current fatigue in the box score.
https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=56618609&pbp=0

This also shows me when pitchers are kept in longer, and are pitching at 10-20 fatigue, they are more apt to give up runs and thus you should adjust your Call Bullpen stat appropiately. But it also makes me think  Why not get 4-5 starting pitchers for relief, because your relief will never be low fatigue. They will always be coming out at 50-70. Might be a strategy to try out of course starters are expensive.

This also puts a big emphasis on the by week. All of my players will be 100 in the next bracket while the lower seeds will be a bit winded. Pretty huge.

8/1/2013 11:26 PM (edited)
Posted by mezirah on 8/1/2013 11:26:00 PM (view original):
Found it under Player Settings > HELP > Auto Rest explanation;

Auto Rest - This value is associated with the player's fatigue level as he enters a game. The fatigue level is under the % on this page. If a player's % is below his Auto Rest value on game day, he will automatically be removed from the lineup and will not play in the game. If it's a position player, he must have a backup listed in the Player Rest hierarchy or else he'll remain in the lineup. Based on the status of the team (other players' fatigue), there are occasional instances where a player will play despite being under his auto rest setting. To edit this value, please click on the dropdown arrow for the player under player rest and select one of the values listed. You may choose not to use this feature for the player by selecting N/A (not applicable). In this case, the player will be available to play in every game no matter how low his stamina is. Pre-game fatigue effects the player's maximum performance for the game. As the player is used throughout the game, he may fatigue more and incur a larger performance hit. On top of the performance hits, fatigued players are also more prone to injury. The player entering the game for replacement will be chosen based on your rest hierarchy as indicated under the Manager Settings tab. Please note, you can adjust the default auto rest setting from the Management Console.

This kind of explains my division rival Monterey. They were 58-33 before all star break then 37-30 after. It was the same thing last year. He never rests his guys and they are all hovering about 90-92 fatigue for playoffs;

You can take a look at his current fatigue in the box score.
https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=56618609&pbp=0

This also shows me when pitchers are kept in longer, and are pitching at 10-20 fatigue, they are more apt to give up runs and thus you should adjust your Call Bullpen stat appropiately. But it also makes me think  Why not get 4-5 starting pitchers for relief, because your relief will never be low fatigue. They will always be coming out at 50-70. Might be a strategy to try out of course starters are expensive.

This also puts a big emphasis on the by week. All of my players will be 100 in the next bracket while the lower seeds will be a bit winded. Pretty huge.

Yeah, the stamina stuff is pretty much common sense. All of the help tabs have some good info. I try and run through them once a calander year as I am always forgetting stuff.

I will say that the difference between 100 stamina and say, 95 stamina, for position players, from what I have seen, is not pretty huge. I havent done studies but just from casual observation I do not notice a drop in performance until guys get below 90. Maybe someone who is more detailed can pull that info.

The problem with your starters in the bullpen theory (that I can think of) is you are not going to find 5 ML quality starters plus another 5-7 for the pen. The other thing is their durability is low, so if they pitch more frequently (like what is required) they will not be able to recover as quick.

Mr. Franco is an example of that. Now obviously he is a super stud so he gets through inning efficiently, but if he comes in and pitchers say, 4 times in 5 games he drops into the 60-70 range and it takes him a few games to recover.

Your pen should be designed to have 1-2 LR, and then 5-6 guys who can get you a quality inning (maybe 2).
8/2/2013 8:33 AM
you can set a max pitch count of like 45 for your long relieivers and say 25 for your setup guys and closer, and recovery time won't matter. If your starter/reliever goes from 100 down to 80, he will recover just as fast as a relief pitcher. The only bonus is he will never be pitching with low fatigue in any game. It's just a tiny difference and may save a few games a year where fatigue factors in and relief blows it because they are tired, so it's not worth actually doing unless there's a plethora of starters available for you.
8/2/2013 11:27 AM
Posted by mezirah on 8/2/2013 11:27:00 AM (view original):
you can set a max pitch count of like 45 for your long relieivers and say 25 for your setup guys and closer, and recovery time won't matter. If your starter/reliever goes from 100 down to 80, he will recover just as fast as a relief pitcher. The only bonus is he will never be pitching with low fatigue in any game. It's just a tiny difference and may save a few games a year where fatigue factors in and relief blows it because they are tired, so it's not worth actually doing unless there's a plethora of starters available for you.

Sure, go for it. You have done what rangerup said was possible and mastered the game in a year.

Edit:

Except your point about how a "starter" will reocer the same as a reliever.

The Durability rating determines how much time off a guy needs during the course of a season and how quickly he can bounce back between pitching appearances.

8/2/2013 11:49 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 12
A few guys are not available for playoff line up Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.