NBA URAPP Keeper Thread Topic

malone: I had tried to block that out.... I'm a big fan of Bob Pettit, so I was actually kind of hoping I got that team. I don't know how he plays in the sim, but he was always a beast in video games that had older all star teams. I'm too young to have actually seen him play, but his career averages and the way he played in those games always impressed me.
8/5/2013 5:17 PM
Posted by masterdebate on 8/5/2013 5:17:00 PM (view original):
malone: I had tried to block that out.... I'm a big fan of Bob Pettit, so I was actually kind of hoping I got that team. I don't know how he plays in the sim, but he was always a beast in video games that had older all star teams. I'm too young to have actually seen him play, but his career averages and the way he played in those games always impressed me.
When Pettit plays in theme leagues that are based toward his era he is amazing, but he doesn't translate into the modern game like Russell, Oscar, and Wilt.  My favorite player of all-time not a great sim player at all (Olajuwon), and he often gets drafted in the third round of our draft leagues.  Even then we give people crap for picking him.

Great players do not translate into what the sim likes.
8/5/2013 5:59 PM
Philadephia Warriors (coolmay_one)

Keepers (5)
Connie Hawkins
Kenny Smith
Gerald Wallace
George Gervin
Pau Gasol

Cuts (5)
Stephon Marbury
Jerry Sloan
Johnny Kerr
George Mikan
Cliff Hagan

Need 7

8/5/2013 8:44 PM
Florida Juggalos (need 4)

Keepers
Chris Paul
Jerry West
Jamaal Wilkes
Jerry Lucas
Patrick Ewing
Tayshaun Prince
LaMarcus Aldridge
Dave Cowens

Cut:
Terrell Brandon
8/5/2013 10:08 PM (edited)
hey guys i'm sure this info is scattered in a bunch of places, but can someone tell me the rules/procedures of the league clearly in one location? specifically, how does the draft work, which players are entered into the draft, and what is the deal with the salary cap? also is this initial draft any different than future drafts?
8/5/2013 11:12 PM
Posted by krishnaman on 8/5/2013 11:12:00 PM (view original):
hey guys i'm sure this info is scattered in a bunch of places, but can someone tell me the rules/procedures of the league clearly in one location? specifically, how does the draft work, which players are entered into the draft, and what is the deal with the salary cap? also is this initial draft any different than future drafts?
It appears there is no cap since the randomness of the league allows for the difficulty in selecting a team.

The draft pool will be comprised of all players not currently on an existing lineup.

The initial draft and future drafts are all run in the same manner.

You will need to determine your keepers based on the player pool made available to you.  You are free to cut players and you will then be assigned your draft slot based on your randomized draft position and the number of players you will need to fill out your team.

Once the draft is complete you will soon thereafter learn which seasons are available for you to play with for the corresponding players.  So I may be told I have to play with the 09-10 Tim Duncan, so I must use that season.

Once the season has been completed you will randomly lose two players.  You don't know who, nor do you have any say.  That player will go back into the draft pool and be available to be drafted by another team, or you when you are available to draft.

This is how the league runs to the best of my understanding.
8/5/2013 11:27 PM
future drafts do not run the same as the initial draft. Randomness will bring the parity that should have been provided by capt. noob. After the draft is complete for each season, if anyone has any players with missing seasons or seasons with less than 500 minutes, i.e. MJ when he's a white sock, there will be a second, shorter draft to fill those holes in your roster. Any players drafted in this second draft are automatically released at season's end. There will not be another opportunity, so if you draw a second missing season, I apologize.

Other than that Malone is absolutely correct.

8/5/2013 11:35 PM
Posted by masterdebate on 8/5/2013 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Team TBD (after I figure out which cities are still available)  (need 6)

This was the team I was most afraid of being stuck with after finding out how the program worked

Mo Cheeks
Jeff Hornacek
Julius Erving
James Worthy
Robert Parish
Dikembe Mutumbo

Cut
Nick Van Exel
Clyde Lovellette
Gilbert Arenas
Jack Twyman

Dr. J & Mt. Mutombo, the Chief, Mo & Horny great core to build around
8/6/2013 12:14 AM
Team Robb (superrobb420)
Need 7

Alvin Robertson
Oscar Robertson
Bruce Bowen
David Robinson
Byron Scott

Cuts
 David West
Richard Jefferson
Fat Lever
Rony Siekaly
Rasheed Wallace
8/6/2013 12:43 AM (edited)
Cincinnati Chili

Keep

James Harden
Charles Barkley
Hakeem Olajuwon
Scott Skiles
Michael Redd
Hedo Turkoglu
Bill Laimbeer

Cut

Ron Artest
Jermaine O'Neal
Dennis Johnson

8/6/2013 2:22 AM
Kacyon

Need 4

Keepers:

Lenny Wilkens
Sam Jones
Bernard King
Jerome Kersey
Chris Bosh
Maurice Lucas
Shaquille O'Neal
Jack Sikma

Cuts:

Rod Srtickland
Dee Brown
8/6/2013 7:07 AM
jholme44

Minneapolis Frozen Lakers - need 5

Keepers:

Mark Price
Kobe Bryant
David Thompson
Bob McAdoo
John Lucas
Glen Rice
Otis Thorpe

Cuts:

Dolph Schayes
Derek Harper
Mychal Thompson

8/6/2013 7:08 AM
Buzz City Hornets 

Keepers:
Gary Payton
Dirk Nowitzki
Brad Daugherty
Bill Russell

Cuts:
Danny Ainge
Jamal Mashburn
Tommy Heinsohn
Bill Sharman
Bob Boozer
Kiki Vandeghwe

NEED 8
8/6/2013 8:30 AM
Commish- You have Amare on the keepers list, but it looks like all3 is cutting him.
8/6/2013 9:38 AM
I was actually contemplating trading for him, but decided against it. Forgot to remove him. Nice catch. Thanks.
8/6/2013 9:46 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
NBA URAPP Keeper Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.