NBA URAPP completed trade thread Topic

Posted by slymonium on 8/6/2013 12:50:00 PM (view original):
Come on guys- let's not get carried away.  And let's drop that other issue shall we eleibowitz?  That is dead. 

This trade is fair on the merits, especially when you take into consideration the randomness of the league.
lol yeah that trade is fair

8/6/2013 2:30 PM
folks might want to look at some of ashamael's postings for their pre-season (draft or trade) preparation ...
8/6/2013 4:07 PM
If both owners consent to a trade, and there doesn't seem to be collusion involved, I'm not the kind of person who will step in and veto a lot of trades. You have to remember that for Sly to completely benefit from this trade, he will have to release another player before season 2's draft. So dan is trading 1 guy to get two guys. Rodman might be better, but not everyone likes Rodman, and maybe dan likes Baylor and Thurmond? I traded Adrian Gonzalez to get Don Mattingly in the baseball version, just because Mattingly is my all time favorite player. It wasn't necessarily the best move, statistically, but sometimes, its jut fun to own the guys you like. just my opinion.
8/6/2013 4:08 PM
Rodman is one of the top 3-5 guys in the NBA sim though. Baylor and Thurmond are not even top 100 guys.

We started a double instanced progressive league last year (I think?) .. the separate conferences had separate drafts.. so there are 2 of all the good players in the league. Rodman went 5th in one draft and 6th in the other. Thurmond and Baylor weren't drafted in either draft.

Now it may not matter because Rodman could get cut next year but that was a one sided deal in my mind. Plus the 2 for 1 nature moved sly higher in this year's draft which is a big deal as well.

I don't want the trade vetoed. People can do what they want. Just advising some caution and reading for new people.

8/6/2013 4:33 PM (edited)
I would advise if you are new to basketball.. be careful in dealings with veterans.. shop your players around :)
8/6/2013 4:36 PM (edited)
Sorry to disagree, but for those new to basketball, I say do whatever it is that enables you to have fun.  After all, isn't that why we're all supposedly doing this?
Besides, if you've done this League in the baseball SIM, you're probably way ahead of us "basketball guys" in understanding how it plays out.
Of course, I'm always anti-anything that is anti-interaction.  If it was up to me, there'd be mandatory trades and smack talk.
8/6/2013 4:26 PM
A couple guys did ask for information about what stats are important etc. and I sent them to ashamael's posts and the 52mil draft/ODL evals. That is probably the best place to start. The strategy here is a bit different but at least you can learn what stats are important and what is poison in the sim.. (High usage terrible shooters for one)
8/6/2013 4:32 PM
Posted by all3 on 8/6/2013 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Sorry to disagree, but for those new to basketball, I say do whatever it is that enables you to have fun.  After all, isn't that why we're all supposedly doing this?
Besides, if you've done this League in the baseball SIM, you're probably way ahead of us "basketball guys" in understanding how it plays out.
Of course, I'm always anti-anything that is anti-interaction.  If it was up to me, there'd be mandatory trades and smack talk.
updated my advice :)
8/6/2013 4:37 PM

San Juan Whales - seapilots trade Tracy McGrady
to
logain for Season 2 - 2nd Rd. draft pick

logain to confirm

this trade could be a steal for you logain but WTH!

8/6/2013 5:09 PM
Confirm

Not sure what the heck I am gonna do with Allen/IGGY/Lebron/Nique/T-Mac.. protecting my wings from randomness I guess
8/6/2013 5:16 PM
masterd- can you explain this?  It doesn't make sense.  "You have to remember that for Sly to completely benefit from this trade, he will have to release another player before season 2's draft."   

Who will have to release another player?  Me?  I don't see why I would.  Dan?  I don't see why he would since everyone loses two players at random per season.
8/6/2013 6:12 PM
I think he means for you to get 2 2nd round picks you would have to cut a guy
8/6/2013 6:23 PM
that i do.
8/6/2013 6:34 PM
AHA!  That makes sense.  Thank you.
8/6/2013 6:57 PM

The Oakland Disciples have completed their first trade.  They send Amare Stoudemire to St. Louis in returm for Tony Parker.  dspahlinger to confirm.  Keeper list updated - Mark Jackson now available for trade.

8/8/2013 2:44 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
NBA URAPP completed trade thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.