NBA URAPP Discussion/Commentary Topic

So, any opinions on my trade with malone? 

I think I should have pretty sure things in

Lebron
Ray
Blake
Buck .. there a few bad buck seasons.. 

WIll see how Issel/Nique/Majerle/Lacey/Iggy/Bradley turn out

Blake was the biggest piece of that trade for me as I know what I'm getting from him and I think he guarantees me to be competitive this season.

Penny was just too big a hit/miss guy. Vince I ditched in favor of Nique basically for personal reasons. I've always wanted to build a progressive around Nique. It may not work but at the worst he is a solid rebounding usage/minute sponge off the bench.

8/5/2013 2:15 PM
I was really interested in Blake Griffin when I put him on a roster originally for that exact reason, you can predict what he will do. And he's not Kris Humphries, which is always a plus.
8/5/2013 2:26 PM
I wasn't, and still am not sure, about Iverson.  Way too low a FG% to be effective in this type of league?  Or maybe if I can surround him with rebounder's I can do OK.  I wouldn't have selected him but its the fun of "random" we'll see what we can build around him.
8/5/2013 7:49 PM
I though about Blake, but I just see him as a solid rebounding usage hog that isn't going to do much for me.  I have a very specific set of needs that are attainable, but if one of those things didn't turn out Blake was going to be the one piece that screwed me badly.

Plus Blake can't guard Wilt...NOW with Wilt in the grave and stuff.  His draw rate is borderline for his usage, and he is a foul monster.

BTW...I loved the trade for me because if everything breaks right I have a ready made starting lineup.

8/5/2013 8:49 PM (edited)
only about 110 picks needed so far. so "only" 66 players of mine have been cut. I still think that's a d grade, maybe a low c? sorry.
8/6/2013 8:16 PM
Lol- I was gonna tally em up for ya, but you're on top of it! C-
8/6/2013 8:24 PM
I was looking at the guys on my Fantasy NBA team, I'm guessing Kyrie Irving is about as terrible as they come in the sim?
8/7/2013 4:52 PM
Irving's efg is above 50 and assists are strong. He is a viable player. He isn't as bad as Isiah Thomas or Allen Iverson.
8/7/2013 5:14 PM
What takes his efg so much higher than his actual shooting pct? his is about a 5 point change.
8/7/2013 5:18 PM
EFG is a pretty simple stat  (fg+.5 3PFG)/FGA

8/7/2013 5:27 PM
Thanks!
8/7/2013 6:02 PM

look at it this way masterdebate you've made the draft much more interesting.  If you would aced it nobodied be left.
This is a career game rather than a single career yr. theme such as the funk52(sorry dh52) or the ODL.  Don't grade it until
start of season 2.  It's a bit more apples & oranges. Now it's what are my chances at getting a good to great yr.?
It's a fun concept .  Thanks! 

8/7/2013 6:33 PM
curious as to everyone's salary:  I'm in at $62.   I got lots of really good and really bad seasons, and less in-between'ers than I would have expected.
8/17/2013 2:15 PM
My squad is not spectacular.  I'm at 24k mins and 55 mil.  And I'm short on PG mins.  Grant Hill will have to play some mins there.
8/17/2013 5:51 PM
But my starters creb% is ridiculous:  orb% 46 and drb% 105.1.  My starters ast%:  72.4.  My starters def:  71, 80, 100, 70, 61.
8/17/2013 5:56 PM
1234 Next ▸
NBA URAPP Discussion/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.