NBA URAPP Discussion/Commentary Topic

ooh I would like a preview of my team, owe it to me after knocking my team out in the 12-13 league lol.

Magic Johnson 79-95: 83-84
Hersey Hawkins 88-00: 89-90
Robert Horry 92-07: 93-94
Brandon Roy 06-12: 12-13 - IR
Bob Lanier 70-83: 79-80
Joakim Noah 07-12: 08-09
Johnny Moore 80-89: 86-87
Shane Battier 01-12: 11-12
Shawn Marion 99-12: 04-05
Manute Bol 85-94: 94-95 - IR
Al Horford 07-12: 08-09
Wesley Person 94-04: 04-05

looks like random.org was not kind to your squad when in comes to usage...you hit on marion and hawkins but that is one of magics lower usg% seasons, you got an older lanier, a young horford, and no roy at all...usage is gonna be a problem..i would look to add as much as you can from your ir picks...the starting lineup you plan on using has just enough, but when you bring in horford/noah/person/battier(?) off the bench the team may have problems...i dont fully understand the team usage penalty and how much it really hurts your team but its probably a good idea to do your best to avoid it(for more info on this check out ashamael's usage thread)

as long as the lack of usage doesnt completely mess your team up i kinda like what you got here...thats a really good marion season and even though its a weaker lanier, hes a pretty good scorer...i dont know if you were given noah and horford or not, but if you drafted them you can go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back...both guys are contributors just about every season...horry is a nice all-around player at sf with good d and some 3s...rounds out the front court perfectly with mins too...magic doesnt give you any 3s or dominance from the ft line this season but his efg% is his best and its his best full-min def season too...i had the pleasure of using 89-90 hawkins in the now defunct pcl and was very impressed....he was getting to the line more than i thought he would and he ended up shooting more 3s(while still shooting them over 40%)which put his efg% well above his rl 49.6%...of course he wasnt the teams highest usg% player(he played with shaq) so im not sure how he will handle that role...person gives you some great 3pt shooting in limited mins but i dont really like anyone else on the bench...backup guard is definitely a need from your ir pick

overall a pretty solid team that should doesnt look to be weak on the glass or on defense...the guys that play good defense all can cover multiple positions...youve got  decent amount of 3s mixed in and you should be ok in the ft battle...i wouldnt be surprised if you made the playoffs but i dont see you as a real contender
8/20/2013 4:34 PM
Thanks for the preview, was a real nice read and I agree, I believe I have a good team but not elite this season. Hopefully I can get into the playoffs and make a run and I got the 99-00 Van Exel which isnt great or bad but it certainly helps over Moore's horrible season as the backup PG.
8/21/2013 2:51 AM (edited)
Maybe I'm just a old fart who is too used to trying to be morally correct, but what do you guys think about a proposed 1-year trade offer?  One where I would trade players with someone else, then those same players would be traded back for each other immediately after the season?  I have been approached about doing one, but don't feel it's "right".  To me, it's the definition of collusion.  I know I certainly wouldn't want other owners being able to do so, so therefore I said no.  I think allowing such trades would be extremely harmful to the League and would probably drive some owners (including maybe me) away.  Am I wrong here?  Please share your thoughts. 
8/23/2013 8:35 AM
Posted by all3 on 8/23/2013 8:35:00 AM (view original):
Maybe I'm just a old fart who is too used to trying to be morally correct, but what do you guys think about a proposed 1-year trade offer?  One where I would trade players with someone else, then those same players would be traded back for each other immediately after the season?  I have been approached about doing one, but don't feel it's "right".  To me, it's the definition of collusion.  I know I certainly wouldn't want other owners being able to do so, so therefore I said no.  I think allowing such trades would be extremely harmful to the League and would probably drive some owners (including maybe me) away.  Am I wrong here?  Please share your thoughts. 
completely agree
8/23/2013 8:46 AM
agree... no one-year trades.
8/23/2013 9:29 AM
Clearly not acceptable. It's tantamount to two teams expanding their pool of players.
8/23/2013 9:34 AM
I agree as well.
8/23/2013 10:04 AM
Easy enough then. No trading players to trade them back at the end of the season.
8/23/2013 10:12 AM
works for me
8/23/2013 10:30 AM
+1.
8/23/2013 11:11 AM
Also, would love an assessment of this team.

http://www.whatifsports.com/nba-l/stats.asp?teamid=388450
8/23/2013 11:14 AM
I think the bad Payton and Daugherty seasons leave you with too little efficiency and too few assists. Probably not a playoff team this year. Perhaps someone will give you some more details.

You have lots of good support guys though.
8/23/2013 8:55 PM
Posted by bfhendricks on 8/23/2013 11:14:00 AM (view original):
Also, would love an assessment of this team.

http://www.whatifsports.com/nba-l/stats.asp?teamid=388450
I don't mind this team, and I even think it could likely make the playoffs.

A lineup of
Curry
Nick Anderson
Bobby Jones
Dirk
Russell

Ainge backing up most of the PG and SG minutes
AC Green backing up SF
Dampier cover the PF and C minutes

That is an ok defensive squad with some good shooting and usage distribution.  The assists are alright and rebounding is light for my liking.  You will get killed by the elite PF's (especially if they have a good C), but I love the threes.

8/23/2013 11:26 PM
◂ Prev 1234
NBA URAPP Discussion/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.