UNO - Discussion Thread & Future ideas Topic

Maybe from 1935 to present. The 20's and early 30's had crazy numbers I know the 1940s there are very few players that are ever taken in that era other than Williams and Musial. you could split the years    40-60,    61-90     91-present.
10/1/2013 11:27 AM
Instead of using "Teams" we could use decades.  There would be 14 "cards" 1880's though 2010's.  In the real game there is more than one "blue card" more than one "red" card and more than one individual number.  Decades would not be blacklisted and could be reused just like "blue" and "red" cards are reused.

Everyone would get a wild card, used just like they are now. 

Reverse cards would work exactly like they do in the real game.  You would literally, reverse the order of the draft, while choosing a new "suit" a new decade.

A skip card which would allow you to skip a pick, not to pick in a given round.

Draw two card. just like the real game, you would pick twice and lose your next pick

OK, you say the 1880's and 2010's are short decades with fewer players.  This is true, but everyone would have a skip card they could use.

If reverse cards or draw two cards caused you to finish the draft slightly earlier, that's fine.  Or everyone could reserve their 25th, final pick, to be picked like they are now, in reverse order of wild card usage.

How about that?

10/1/2013 12:04 PM (edited)
Posted by SpotSell on 10/1/2013 11:54:00 AM (view original):
Instead of using "Teams" we could use decades.  There would be 14 "cards" 1880's though 2010's.  In the real game there is more than one "blue card" more than one "red" card and more than one individual number.  Decades would not be blacklisted and could be reused just like "blue" and "red" cards are reused.

Everyone would get a wild card, used just like they are now. 

Reverse cards would work exactly like they do in the real game.  You would literally, reverse the order of the draft, while choosing a new "suit" a new decade.

A skip card which would allow you to skip a pick, not to pick in a given round.

Draw two card. just like the real game, you would pick twice and lose your next pick

OK, you say the 1880's and 2010's are short decades with fewer players.  This is true, but everyone would have a skip card they could use.

If reverse cards or draw two cards caused you to finish the draft slightly earlier, that's fine.

How about that?

I would not be in favor of skip and reverse order. It would just end up trying to get back at the guys who screwed you, like a screw your neighbor theme
10/1/2013 11:58 AM
The skip, would be just skipping yourself, if you did not like the suit, not punishing anyone.  The "reverse" card is a benefit card, giving you first shot at a new category, not a stick to punish.  As it stands, the reverse card is a stick to punish when someone picks the Cleveland Blues, Seattle Pilots, Chicago Colts, or something like that

My thoughts actually reduce the "screw your neighbor" factor, I think

10/1/2013 12:06 PM (edited)

While I like simple rules, I would not mind having another version with some additional "plays".  

10/1/2013 12:38 PM
I am just tired of doing this with the same OLD ERA (especially pre 1910) players being picked first. would like to see different players involved
10/2/2013 2:52 PM
i agree with everyone that it would be fun to have different players...with not as many superstars and a lower cap.

i would be all for something like a 1970 - present format where the first person drafts a team and decade (i.e 1980s Chicago Cubs or 2000-13 LA Dodgers)
10/2/2013 3:30 PM
Here's a thought: Play the last 100 years. Instead of drafting a player, draft a player-season. Next player in turn can choose to draft a player from that franchise or use a reverse to draft a player from that year, changing the franchise. Players are still exclusive, while franchises can be played back in with a reverse.

Skip takes you out of the current draft round. Draw 2 gets you a chance to draw another player from either the year or the franchise in play when the next reverse is played (or the current round ends, whichever comes first). Wild card gives you the right to draft any undrafted player, but gives the next team in the draft the right to choose from franchise or year of that player (whatever franchise s/he chooses will be the franchise to follow suit on for the remainder of the round/until reverse).
10/2/2013 3:55 PM
How about this to introduce a SKIP card:
Use a SKIP card to pass on a pick you don't want to make and move yourself to the end of the current or next round. You have to declare which of those two options you are using when you play the card. It must be played during your time slot, and cannot be used to add a pick at the end of the 25th round.

So if you don't like the team you're supposed to pick from, you can take a chance that a Reverse will lead to a better option at the end of the round, or that whatever the end of the next round brings is a better option. It could net you a much better player, or leave you picking the 14th-best Brooklyn Robin instead of the fifth best.
10/19/2013 12:56 PM
◂ Prev 123456
UNO - Discussion Thread & Future ideas Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.