D3, Season 68 Topic

Welcome to the new season. I didn't see a lot of movement of big-name coaches in the off-season, which is nice as it means competition in Rupp will remain as brutal as ever. I'm sure I missed a few though in my early a.m. scan of things. Feel free to announce anything I missed in your league with the shift in seasons. Here's the highlights I noticed coming into Season 68...

-- The Freedom Conference is all-Sim this season.

-- In the GNE, after 14 seasons disasteruss has stepped down from the helm of St. Joseph's (ME). The Evil Empire reloads with kodiak6640, who is new to Rupp but just a smidge shy of 1,000 career HD wins.

-- In the Little East, the Reigny of Terror is over at Massachusetts Liberal Arts. After a 13-season run that produced 28 victories and six winless seasons (including last year), reigny rode into the sunset, school officials welcomed Sim AI to campus with open arms, and league SOS values could be heard celebrating well after last call in neighborhood pubs was announced..

-- The North Atlantic is all-Sim for a second year.

-- After a couple seasons away, hall of fame coach ironman2011 returns to the University, this time taking over at Stillman. He built Southwestern into a top-10 program in his last appearance in the league.

-- After dodging disaster a season ago, it appears New York Univ. will be going Sim for the first time since Season 34 in the Upstate.

-- In the USA South, zagman leaves Shenandoah after eight solid seasons.

-- And in the Wisconsin, the bitter taste of defeat in last year's national championship game was too much for Wisconsin-Superior coach thbro, who appears to have left the game. The national runner-up welcomes jvcoach to the helm of the program.

Talk it up guys! We've got to do something 'til recruiting starts tomorrow...
8/15/2013 4:06 AM
Lets get this party started! Go Fighting Scots!!!!!!
8/15/2013 4:31 PM
I'm bored. No recruiting for me.
8/15/2013 5:23 PM
Posted by tilldog28 on 8/15/2013 5:23:00 PM (view original):
I'm bored. No recruiting for me.
I hate those seasons. I've got one coming up in Allen soon, but the extra money will be tons of fun the following year.
8/15/2013 6:18 PM
Did anyone else noticed the crazy super classes at Greensboro, Oglethorpe and Piedmont?  All those teams return 12 players.  In case of Piedmont and Oglethorpe, they return 12 upperclasmen on each team.  Greensboro is a little more broken up in his class structure with 6 seniors, 2 jrs and 4 soph.....

Lots of reloading in UAA this season, but we have 3 teams returning 11 players (Ozarks, Millsaps and Dallas).  Emory looks vulnerable finally after a great 2 year run, needing to replace 5 players (albiet 1 walk-on among those 5).  Trinity also must reload with 5 new players after losing what was probably among his best senior classes ever.  Southwestern also has an important recruiting class with 6 players departed from last years Elite 8 squad.
8/16/2013 9:38 AM
Having seen firsthand bunkerbuster's stretch of dominance in D3 Iba, I'll go ahead and warn people to hide the women and children when they face Piedmont this season.  With that 6-6-0-0 class structure and the way he recruits, they can be near impossible to beat when the big classes are SRs and JRs.
8/16/2013 10:01 AM
Yeah, I just caught that this morning as I was doing prep work for the Way Too Early...USA South might be where the power lies this season in Rupp. We'll see how things look after recruiting. I've always wanted to try the 6-6-0-0 after seeing bunker use it with success in Iba. Just never have been brave enough to endure the 0-0-6-6 years to do it...
8/16/2013 11:51 AM
I am petitioning the NCAA to suspend use of the shot clock for my game at Piedmont this year and if successful will implement the four corners offense with the "shoot the ball and you are out of the game" rule for my players.
8/16/2013 12:12 PM
The human coaches of the University and GNE conferences (at least however many we can get involved in it each season) have agreed to begin playing a one-game challenge against each other beginning next season. Games seeded based on final-season RPI standings of the teams in both leagues. Should be lots of fun...and there's three Sim teams between the two leagues (two in GNE and one in University) if anyone wants to get involved in upcoming years.
8/16/2013 3:22 PM
No messing with my recruits... thats the rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8/16/2013 4:56 PM
Is just me or is there a weak class of pull downs in the central US?
8/16/2013 6:55 PM
I believe Piedmont will be the clear cut #1 team coming out of the gates. I have a very solid team but a couple weaknesses I hope will improve by seasons end. Gold luck to everyone this year.
8/16/2013 7:11 PM
Posted by tilldog28 on 8/16/2013 7:11:00 PM (view original):
I believe Piedmont will be the clear cut #1 team coming out of the gates. I have a very solid team but a couple weaknesses I hope will improve by seasons end. Gold luck to everyone this year.
I would prefer navy and white luck. 
8/17/2013 12:02 AM
Exactly tarvolon! For the 2nd time, lets go Fighting Scots!!!!
8/17/2013 3:15 PM
Navy BLUE!!!!!!!!!!
8/17/2013 3:18 PM
1|2|3...12 Next ▸
D3, Season 68 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.