All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Its not just tight ends....
8/15/2013 2:11 PM
I have been running an experiment using a two running back set instead of a full back/running back backfield. I noticed that my 2nd running back is not getting any targets or catches. What I am now guessing is that the "click here to block" is infinitely turned on and the option to turn that off and send them out on routes is broken. 
8/15/2013 2:13 PM
And that might not be right, because I'm running this offense to test if there is a significant difference in sacks allowed per game. There is a significant difference. But, point being its not just tight ends. 
8/15/2013 4:25 PM
why are you spending time to debug the sim

it's free is not a reason

once you get it debugged they are gonna charge you for your own invention

quit doing their job

make them earn their pay

if i had this thing we would not be simming blocking and tackling i can tell you
8/16/2013 12:07 AM
Because if I do not like the end product, they won't be getting any money from me. I rather like the idea more then its current implementation. I'm not changing my recruiting to match it, so my success in beta should logically increase when it is fixed. There are plenty of things that make it logical for me to try to help them find problems. I rather enjoy it in the end anyway, or I would not do it. 
8/16/2013 1:46 AM
Good catch Noah - now if the WIS guys would read the thread . . .
8/16/2013 9:57 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 8/16/2013 1:46:00 AM (view original):
Good catch Noah - now if the WIS guys would read the thread . . .
8/17/2013 12:20 AM
noah, please keep doing what you're doing, and thank you...
8/20/2013 8:54 AM

The double running back issue seems different than the Tight end issue.  I do believe there is a problem with the select to block. When I turn it off manually then it seems to throw to tight ends. 

Currently I've updated passing and part of rushing to make it more deterministic. I'll be adding in sacks logic today, and hopefully be able to get a build out tomorrow. I'll verify the stuff with the Tight ends first, and test a few fixes and hopefully I'll be able to get it in to tomorrow's release. Also, I'll look into the running back stuff and see if I can reproduce the issue you are seeing with the running backs. 

For sacks, the significant difference is what you are expecting, correct? The extra blocker in the backfield will assist on the number of sacks allowed. 

8/20/2013 9:49 AM
oriole_fan "For sacks, the significant difference is what you are expecting, correct? The extra blocker in the backfield will assist on the number of sacks allowed. "

Yes, and thank you...

8/20/2013 10:35 PM
Yes, the sack ratio seems to be logical. That seems to be working fine. 
8/21/2013 9:53 AM
I set my TE to 100, WRs & RBs to ZERO. And I still am throwing to WRs & RBs.
8/21/2013 11:49 AM
I copied ND Box to a new formation -- made sure the "block" box was unchecked on both TE's... set then to 50 / 50 with everyone else at zero.  Created a new game plan with this formation, 100% pass.  I get a lot of passes... to RB and WR.
8/22/2013 9:41 AM
Bob, some people just aren't cut out to be college football coaches .....lol
8/22/2013 9:43 AM
Did you remember to uncheck the "Players ignore everything the coach says" box? Or the "Coaches only speak Gaelic" box?
8/22/2013 3:42 PM
now that would be a sim that makes sense
of 2
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Its not just tight ends....

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.