G.O.A.T Divison Madness (8 in) Topic

I wanted to run an experiment that hopefully will determine the Greatest of all Time. This will not be a progressive league but one that I hope will continue for several seasons to see how this plays out. Version 1 will pit the All Time Wins leaders Righties and All time Strike Out Lefties versus the All Time Strikeout Leaders Righties and All Times Wins Leaders Lefties on the pitching side. The stadiums will pit the 3 franchises with the most wins in the National League versus the 3 franchises with the most World Series titles in the American. At the plate the National League will feature the 3 all time leaders in Hits and the American Leauge will feature the top 3 in home runs. Finally, a Catcher will be assigned to each division exclusively. You can go off the board for your full time catcher but they will appear on your team. This will be a total of 4 mandatory players. After you select the division you would like to play in, you may name an exclusive player not listed and an exclusive pitcher not listed. The world series winner combination of players will be blacklisted until 6 world series winners are crowned and then those 6 combinations will collide in the battle royale. First come, first serve on exclusives.  The division keys are also off limits. 

Salary Cap is 140 million.  Spend all you like on your 4 players and your two exclusives.  However, after you have spent like crazy on the first 6 the remaining must be made up of players between 1 million and 6,999,999.  You must also draft a minimum of 10 pitchers.  No DH, WW, AAA
8/17/2013 5:29 PM (edited)
NL East                                                          NL Central                                                        NL West            
Polo Grounds V                                            Wrigley                                                               Dodger Stadium
Pete Rose                                                     Ty Cobb                                                              Stan Musial          
Christy Mathewson                                      Walter Johnson                                                Cy Young
Randy Johnson                                            Steve Carlton                                                     Mickey Lolich
Roy Campanella                                          Mickey Cochrane                                              Johnny Bench                    
     Teams                                                            Teams                                                            Teams
1. The Juice Greg Maddux/Jimmie Foxx         1. Chisock Ed Walsh/Rogers Hornsby                    1.  goodbeef Lady Baldwin/Hugh Duffy
2. Nordawg Bob Gibson/Lou Gehrig        2. ghsisler Mordecai Brown/Mickey Mantle
3.                                                                      3.
4.                                                                      4.

AL East                                                              AL Central                                                        AL West               
Yankee Stad I                                                   Sporstman Pk III                                          Oakland Colisseum                    
Babe Ruth                                                         Hank Aaron                                                   Barry Bonds                                                            
Nolan Ryan                                                       Roger Clemens                                           Bert Blyleven                         
Tom Glavine                                                     Eddie Plank                                                   Warren Spahn                                                       
Yogi Berra                                                         Gabby Hartnett                                               Ivan Rodriguez               

Teams                                                            Teams                                                            Teams
1. specsman Pete Alexander/Nap Lajoie          1.  thebubbaq Silver King/Tris Speaker               1. Ziba Tim Keefe/Billy Hamilton

8/30/2013 12:14 AM (edited)

I did elect to put Aaron in Hr's instead of Hits due to his iconic nature in the HR but he is third all time in hits as well. I will draft after at 6 people sign up. 

8/17/2013 5:39 PM (edited)
N.L. East

Exclusives:  Greg Maddux and Jimmie Foxx

8/17/2013 9:03 PM
I'll go N.L. East as well.
Exclusives: Bob Gibson and Lou Gehrig.
8/17/2013 9:14 PM
Does the exclusive have to be from the division? If so, Gehrig cannot be my pick. I'd go with Rogers Hornsby instead then.
8/17/2013 9:15 PM
Posted by nordawg on 8/17/2013 9:15:00 PM (view original):
Does the exclusive have to be from the division? If so, Gehrig cannot be my pick. I'd go with Rogers Hornsby instead then.
You can go with either.  No restrictions on exclusive
8/17/2013 11:48 PM
Great. Gehrig it is then.
8/18/2013 1:53 AM
Great. Gehrig it is then.
8/18/2013 1:53 AM
I'll try the NL Central
Exclusives: Ed Walsh and Rogers Hornsby
8/18/2013 2:45 AM
Welcome all.  Thanks for joining. 
8/18/2013 8:53 AM
BUMP
8/19/2013 7:07 PM
bump
8/20/2013 7:44 PM
AL East -  Pete Alexander/ Nap Lajoie
8/21/2013 10:22 AM
welcome thanks for playing
8/21/2013 10:50 AM
123 Next ▸
G.O.A.T Divison Madness (8 in) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.