Survivor XIII: Congrats to the champ DUBS!!!!!! Topic

Posted by csudak on 10/26/2013 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by da_goat on 10/26/2013 11:10:00 AM (view original):
Pretty huge advantage for this challenge.....our advantage last time was so miniscule it was ridiculous!!
You guys didn't even try to take advantage of it last time
So there you have it.  The host biasing and influencing the game.  Whatever.

10/26/2013 3:46 PM (edited)
Posted by psap on 10/26/2013 11:46:00 AM (view original):
Its csudak's harsh penalty to the Decepticons for dumping a challenge.  If you dump a challenge, be prepared to lose the next one also.
I didn't say that... guilty conscience psap?
None.  It's a part of the game and always has been.  
Many playing in this game have both done it and assisted others in doing it in prior games.
Not your place as the host to judge or influence the game.
10/26/2013 3:47 PM
Question for csudak:
Tie-breaker #2 is total tds for the games occurring only on Sunday, correct?  

10/26/2013 5:54 PM
Posted by redraider68 on 10/26/2013 3:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by horvie78 on 10/26/2013 1:53:00 PM (view original):
We choose the following option for our advantage:
A) You can decide one team that the Decepticons must use twice and eliminate one

Team that must be used twice: JAGUARS
Team to eliminate: JETS

Wouldn't using the Jaguars twice be considered cruel and unusual punishment?
I looked it up and it just misses violating the Geneva Convention.
10/26/2013 10:28 PM
Idol guesses from the movie ABOVE THE RIM:
-Shep's coffee cup
-Shep's popcorn at the movie theater
-British Knights banner on the fence during the Shootout tournament
-Ben & Jerry's banner on the fence during the Shootout tournament
-Monarch HS Panther's banner in the gym
-Wilson's bakery sign

10/26/2013 10:37 PM
Posted by psap on 10/26/2013 3:46:00 PM (view original):
Pretty huge advantage for this challenge.....our advantage last time was so miniscule it was ridiculous!!

Not all rewards are created equal.  Don't complain that one advantage was miniscule and this one is bigger if YOU DIDN"T EVEN BOTHER TO TRY AND USE THE FIRST ADVANTAGE. 
10/26/2013 10:38 PM
Posted by horvie78 on 10/26/2013 5:54:00 PM (view original):
Question for csudak:
Tie-breaker #2 is total tds for the games occurring only on Sunday, correct?  

Yes.
10/26/2013 10:39 PM
Posted by psap on 10/26/2013 3:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by psap on 10/26/2013 11:46:00 AM (view original):
Its csudak's harsh penalty to the Decepticons for dumping a challenge.  If you dump a challenge, be prepared to lose the next one also.
I didn't say that... guilty conscience psap?
None.  It's a part of the game and always has been.  
Many playing in this game have both done it and assisted others in doing it in prior games.
Not your place as the host to judge or influence the game.
I'm pretty sure Jeff Probst provides commentary during challenges, why can't I.

I can comment anything I want as long as it is based on things on the forum.  Anything private remains that, but if you make it public, I have every right to comment on it.  Not sure why you thinking that is judgement or influential.

10/26/2013 10:43 PM
The idol is the Eliza Sheppard gravestone in Above The Rim
10/27/2013 12:02 AM
Posted by csudak on 10/26/2013 10:38:00 PM (view original):

Not all rewards are created equal.  Don't complain that one advantage was miniscule and this one is bigger if YOU DIDN"T EVEN BOTHER TO TRY AND USE THE FIRST ADVANTAGE. 
Amen. It's their own fault for not using it when they had the chance.
10/27/2013 10:42 AM
Posted by tsut30 on 10/27/2013 10:42:00 AM (view original):

That logic is retarded.  Look this is not a major issue, but it is an issue all the same.

Whether or not we decided to capitalize on an advantage given is not relevant, the issue is did the host INTENTIONALLY act biased and penal simply BECAUSE a challenge was dumped?  Did he take the dump personally because of his time invested?  Sure seems he was irritated.  

Is the host attempting to influence behavior when there is no written rule about such behavior?  
This act has been committed in every season while i have been playing and never has it seemed the other hosts have acted vindictively in response.
Is the host making judgements about how he FEELS the game should be played and has therefore decided that he will act as THE influencing force on the game if the tribes behavior conflicts with his beliefs how the game should or shouldn't be played?

When the advantages rewarded suddenly vary so substantially, it is more than logical for one to question whether or not this is intentionally transpiring.

When the host accidentally makes a material mistake at a critical juncture in the game , and then acts as if the outcome of the events are no big deal - as in "just shut up and make a f*ucking pick, any pick".  It is more than fair to have your guard up and continue to look for suspicious behavior.  When you have a contentious relationship with the host, and the host acts as follows, doesn't it seem a bit biased?

csudak
To:
psap
Received:
10/14/2013 10:16:00 PM
Subject:
RE: Demar

-----Original Message-----
To: csudak
Sent: 10/14/2013 10:15:00 PM
Subject: RE: Demar 

i'm just guessing here, but if the catagories are the 3 transformer movies -- revenge of the fallen, dark of the moon, and transformers -- you may have another mistake.

if it is some combo of the three or something else, then i am lose but just missing the connection. can you recheck the names please.

To: psap
Sent: 10/14/2013 10:11:00 PM

Remar, couldn't read my own writing

Sent: 10/14/2013 10:05:00 PM
Subject: Demar 

Is Demar supposed to be DeMarco ?

10/27/2013 1:04 PM (edited)
Posted by psap on 10/27/2013 1:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tsut30 on 10/27/2013 10:42:00 AM (view original):

That logic is retarded.  Look this is not a major issue, but it is an issue all the same.

Whether or not we decided to capitalize on an advantage given is not relevant, the issue is did the host INTENTIONALLY act biased and penal simply BECAUSE a challenge was dumped?  Did he take the dump personally because of his time invested?  Sure seems he was irritated.  

Is the host attempting to influence behavior when there is no written rule about such behavior?  
This act has been committed in every season while i have been playing and never has it seemed the other hosts have acted vindictively in response.
Is the host making judgements about how he FEELS the game should be played and has therefore decided that he will act as THE influencing force on the game if the tribes behavior conflicts with his beliefs how the game should or shouldn't be played?

When the advantages rewarded suddenly vary so substantially, it is more than logical for one to question whether or not this is intentionally transpiring.

When the host accidentally makes a material mistake at a critical juncture in the game , and then acts as if the outcome of the events are no big deal - as in "just shut up and make a f*ucking pick, any pick".  It is more than fair to have your guard up and continue to look for suspicious behavior.  When you have a contentious relationship with the host, and the host acts as follows, doesn't it seem a bit biased?

csudak
To:
psap
Received:
10/14/2013 10:16:00 PM
Subject:
RE: Demar

Sent: 10/14/2013 10:15:00 PM

i'm just guessing here, but if the catagories are the 3 transformer movies -- revenge of the fallen, dark of the moon, and transformers -- you may have another mistake.

if it is some combo of the three or something else, then i am lose but just missing the connection. can you recheck the names please.

To: psap
Sent: 10/14/2013 10:11:00 PM

Remar, couldn't read my own writing

Sent: 10/14/2013 10:05:00 PM
Subject: Demar 

Is Demar supposed to be DeMarco ?

So was I suppose to confirm that you were on the right track in the transformers theme, thus giving you specifically an advantage over everyone else?

No, on the board I asked everyone to pick a name.  You sitemailed me asking to confirm something that that would give you an advantage.

TO BE FAIR, I simply answered the same way as what I posted on teh forum, pick a name. 

You can think that the world is against you, but its not.  I don't really care who wins challenges, who gets advantages, who gets voted out, how long it takes me to make a challenge, bah, bah, bah. 

I'm just trying to provide people with some entertainment. Sorry it hasn't met your approval.

10/27/2013 2:03 PM
Huh?  That's even more insane than your first response that "YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO USE THE FIRST ADVANTAGE."
As if there is a requirement to use the advantage, or if you don't the next advantage is contingent on actually using that advantage.

Regarding your insane interpretation of the tribe split puzzle.
YOU made a mistake.  I figured out the theme of your splits and TOLD YOU that you made a mistake.
You confirmed it.  
Then I asked you to please recheck the names again -- i thought there was ANOTHER mistake.
You told me to just pick a name.

I NEVER asked for a hint or direction.  I just asked you to recheck the names.  That's all.

10/27/2013 2:08 PM
On a more pertinent note, are the teams going to be posted?
10/27/2013 2:32 PM
  Autobots   Decepticons      
Redskins Forbath   Griffin III      
Browns Cundiff 4 McGahee 0    
Jaguars Scobee 4 Scobee 4 Henne 4
Vikings Walsh   Walsh      
Jets Folk   n/a 0    
Dolphins Sturgis 4 Sturgis 4    
Bills Carpenter 4 Carpenter 4    

TB1 Pittsburgh   Pittsburgh      
TB2 59   58      
10/27/2013 4:13 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...46|47|48|49|50...87 Next ▸
Survivor XIII: Congrats to the champ DUBS!!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.