Survivor XIII: Congrats to the champ DUBS!!!!!! Topic

So 2 Things to touch on everything just said.

1) When pola texted me about the hockey games, I was already 4 hours into my research. I was going sport by sport, and I already had done the college basketball and NBA, which I thought were the keys to the challenge, and was working on NFL. I actually made a spreadsheet of every college player playing in three-game tournaments and what their averages would equate to points wise. I thought the key to me winning was to beat pola where he was best, at challenges. I probably spent a total of seven hours working on that challenge.

2) The single biggest reason, other than the loyalty Dan showed me at four, that I took him instead of pola, was Arfy. I was convinced katz would vote against me either way. Pola texted me and guaranteed that tsut would vote for me and Arfy would vote for him before the challenge was over. I thought I had a chance of Arfy's vote against redraider, because of playing enough with Arfy to know he would respect blindsiding him. I knew I could not get his vote against pola. I had no clue I would get every vote besides katz',

12/5/2013 10:16 AM
Posted by polabonez on 12/5/2013 8:28:00 AM (view original):
Birdies cigar? ****!

Congrats dubs, well deserved my friend.
Who knows how many hours Pola and I spent searching for that thing???????????!!!!!!!!!!!  I thought I had it with British Knights (Lancelot, Guinevere, King Arthur were star crossed lovers).  Also had a hunch it had something to do with when the song Regulate was played in the movie (Romeo & Juliet - inconstant moon, Regulate - "a clear white moon").  Pola also made a bunch of guesses where I thought "That's gotta be it".  Can't believe it wasn't found!
12/5/2013 11:05 AM
I only smoke Cubans.
12/5/2013 11:10 AM
Also now ****** I didn't YOLO
12/5/2013 11:11 AM
I still think the idol in Little Giants should have been in the pom poms. Half the clues involved Becky, and only one had to do with the damn bus. (The one I didn't have since katz got it) until after Tyson had the idol.

So frustrating.

12/5/2013 11:14 AM
I knew about nkymachine/ghutton from the beginning.  I told myself that if ghutton was playing, I couldn't work with him b/c it would make us gigantic targets.  But this would have been perfect since nobody knew....and could have been even better had nkymachine survived to the first merge since I figured out the autobot/decepticon split right away and basically picked my tribe (didn't work out very well).

I thought ghutton blew his cover during the big citizenkane/nkymachine/hookem blowup on the forums.  That was classic ghutton forum/sitemail demeanor...plus he mentioned Cincinnati being his favorite team.  I figured anybody who had communicated with him before would have figured it out at that point.
12/5/2013 11:29 AM
Oh by the way.  The 2002 Carolina Panthers were no accident.  I had some time that one day and went back and wrote every team that had 7-9 seasons during that era. I then had those teams play a roughly 7 game series.  When I got near the end I played them more than 7 if they weren't winning by several games.  Carolina and Hookem's Forty Niners kept winning all the time, so I went with Carolina.
12/5/2013 11:36 AM
We would've been huge targets. Also, king_jeremy and Arfy knew I was playing. The blowup only happened because I was trying to rattle the newer players into not siding with the person in control of things. I just tried to extend my stay, which I did, but we couldn't win a challenge and I was soon gone as well.
12/5/2013 11:40 AM
Posted by Arfy on 12/5/2013 11:36:00 AM (view original):
Oh by the way.  The 2002 Carolina Panthers were no accident.  I had some time that one day and went back and wrote every team that had 7-9 seasons during that era. I then had those teams play a roughly 7 game series.  When I got near the end I played them more than 7 if they weren't winning by several games.  Carolina and Hookem's Forty Niners kept winning all the time, so I went with Carolina.
I simmed some games too, not that many, but I had a mini tournament and that 49ers team came out on top
12/5/2013 4:24 PM
So if it would have been a Final 3 instead of two my vote would still have been for Dubs. Congrats on the win!
12/5/2013 4:44 PM
I still can't believe the rookies went on that bad of a run.  In theory the game was set up to give them a legitimate chance to make it to the first merge, and they just couldn't compete in challenges.

As for the ATR idol. Every time I would check the board I would assume Tyson would have guessed it, literally every other thing was guessed.  When I first came up with the movies I picked 5 places it could be and picked out of hat which one to use.  All other 4 for that one Tyson guessed, never thought it would be that hard.  I assume the Sandlot would be the hardest one.

12/5/2013 11:45 PM
I argued for the razor blade to be the ATR idol, but lost out.

I did win a different battle.  Casey originally had Tyson in the Heroes tribe, but I successfully pushed him to the Villains!

12/6/2013 1:03 AM
I was really surprised by some of the challenge submissions.  I thought for sure that for all of the auction challenges, everyone would bid at least 1 on everything to see if they could pick up some cheap extra players or games, but I don't know that anyone did that.

I'm still bummed about the poker challenge...

12/6/2013 1:05 AM
Posted by stevedotdec on 12/6/2013 1:03:00 AM (view original):

I did win a different battle.  Casey originally had Tyson in the Heroes tribe, but I successfully pushed him to the Villains!

The Heroes?  Does he not remember the mafia game  side thread?  lol
12/6/2013 6:34 PM
Posted by Arfy on 12/6/2013 6:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stevedotdec on 12/6/2013 1:03:00 AM (view original):

The Heroes?  Does he not remember the mafia game  side thread?  lol
Does a week go by on the GD forums where Arfy doesn't post at least one reference to this thread??
Saw it referenced and linked to in Kane's Greatest Thread Ever thread earlier this week.
i

12/6/2013 6:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...84|85|86|87 Next ▸
Survivor XIII: Congrats to the champ DUBS!!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.