Ok.It's time for Wis to eliminate most GD worlds ! Topic

I joined shortly after Conte left and agree with Bob that all the venom didn't help keep people interested in playing the game, but I disagree that guys weren't interested in helping newbies because of random bs....there were guys who had some success and opinions how to play v2 and are still winning and helping guys today. In my opinion there is merit to the idea that a number of people left because they could no longer play for free due to WIS points changes, to deny this monetary aspect isn't being realistic on why a number of players left which leads me to my next question.
How many "coaches" started playing this game in college and when V2 started they were also starting their own careers or families thus cutting into the amount of time and money they could spend on an internet game?
9/26/2013 6:08 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 9/24/2013 9:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhouska on 9/24/2013 3:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bucki22 on 9/23/2013 8:53:00 PM (view original):
How much of the downturn from v1 to v2 was due to the economy at the time (and to this day)? This game doesn't come cheap, especially if you're living week-to-week and on a pretty tight budget like many folks are. I wonder what would happen if WIS lowered it's Gridiron Dynasty cost by a few dollars, maybe to something like $7.95. Perhaps more people might be willing to sign-up. Of course, I'm just talking aloud here. 

THE reason people quit playing is because when V2.0 came out, it SUCKED!!!  It's that plain and simple.
It doesn't suck, it is what is. After 6 months we should hope that we could say something for this new POS.
Oh, no, it SUCKED! And how they did it sucked worse.

Anybody remember that guy, recruiting genius, led the worlds in NCs? I left an NC team in D-II to take his team in D-1AA coming off an NC, because I wanted to move up to D-1.

His team, undefeated, first round of the playoffs, all players GREAT, and then they rolled out the new code.

I played a team I had beaten in the non-conference schedule, and I had beaten them bad. They simmed the first half, and I was winning by a TD. Then they resimmed the first half, after I had checked, and now I am losing by two TDs, but I went to work with a lead. Imagine my surprise to find I was really losing after the half, and was beaten by an inferior team by 35 points.

I had teams in five worlds, and I pulled out of all of them. And I was a paying customer, because I stayed at the lower levels. It is not as bad now, but OMG it so sucked.

Remember when Conte screwed up position changes, and I had an OT that converted to QB and was all world? Conte. Wow. You guys that weren't there have no idea.

Can I have some cheese with my whine?

9/26/2013 10:02 PM
Giving you some Blue(s) Cheese...
9/27/2013 2:37 AM
It's been almost 30 seasons since v2.0 rolled out, but old grudges die hard...
9/27/2013 9:31 AM
I completely forgot about the position change fiascoes.  LOL.  What a mess.
9/27/2013 11:36 AM
Wow the things that some of missed out on.   LOL
9/27/2013 5:16 PM
◂ Prev 123456
Ok.It's time for Wis to eliminate most GD worlds ! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.