Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 11/21/2013 6:47:00 PM (view original):
KENNY LOFTON!!!!
I don't think this needs to be argued again, but if you do, I stand by my opinion.

Lofton deserves consideration.
11/21/2013 7:15 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/21/2013 7:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/21/2013 6:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/21/2013 6:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/21/2013 1:07:00 PM (view original):

i need 100 man hours to run my business.   I have two 40 hour employees and a part-timer for 20 hours.   No healtcare benefits are offered.  After Obamacare, i have to offer healthcare benefits to the two 40 hour employees or pay a fine.    So I hire a 4th and all 4 now work 25 hours.  Since I run a lawncare service, it's not that big of a deal if the previous 2 full-time employees quit.   I can find someone else who knows how to cut grass and lay sod.  A lot of people are still out of work.
Was Mike lying when he said this?

Or when he said the government could sell treasury bonds to eliminate the deficit?

Or when he said that Bernie Williams and Edgar Martinez were comparable offensive players?

Or was he just terribly misinformed?

"Was Mike lying when he said this?"

I'm pretty sure this is a hypothetical, since to the best of my knowledge Mike does not run a lawncare service.

"Or when he said the government could sell treasury bonds to eliminate the deficit?"

I don't know enough about treasury bonds to have an opinion on how selling them impacts the deficit.

"Or when he said that Bernie Williams and Edgar Martinez were comparable offensive players?"

Certainly not a lie.  Definitely an opinion.  But certainly one that has more merit than believing that Kenny Lofton should merit HOF consideration.

You don't know enough about treasury bonds to know that selling treasury bonds doesn't reduce the deficit?
I've never had a reason to research the ins-and-outs of treasury bonds.

I also can't explain how quantum physics works.  Nor can I completely solve a Rubik's Cube without referring to a cheat sheet.

But I digress.  You again are attempting to divert the conversation when it leads you to an uncomfortable area.

In your opinion, which you seem to have so many of that you are more than happy to share with and enlighten us simpletons, are businesses who blame the ACA for reduced/eliminated benefits, or for the imposition of spousal surcharges, lying?

11/21/2013 8:14 PM (edited)

i need 100 man hours to run my business.   I have two 40 hour employees and a part-timer for 20 hours.   No healtcare benefits are offered.  After Obamacare, i have to offer healthcare benefits to the two 40 hour employees or pay a fine.    So I hire a 4th and all 4 now work 25 hours.  Since I run a lawncare service, it's not that big of a deal if the previous 2 full-time employees quit.   I can find someone else who knows how to cut grass and lay sod.  A lot of people are still out of work.

Or when he said the government could sell treasury bonds to eliminate the deficit?

Or when he said that Bernie Williams and Edgar Martinez were comparable offensive players?

I think there is a distinct possibility that BL has hurt his family.

This is normally reserved for Friday when he dreads the time he may have to spend with them on the weekend.
11/22/2013 8:18 AM
Tell me, BL, do you keep a catalog of what's posted on the internet?

Does that keep you from killing your wife and child?  If so, please continue.  
11/22/2013 8:20 AM

I'll answer these just for your amusement.

Nope, it was a hypothetical.  I often use round or small numbers to ask/answer a question because it's simpler for everyone involved.   I do not run a lawncare service.  I thought you knew that.

I posted something stupid on the internet while drunk.   I'm sure I've said much worse while drinking.   Or maybe even when sober.  But I'm glad you have something to remember me by forever.   It's a little creepy that I'm always in your thoughts but whatever.

They are.   Your precious WAR may not say so but the difference is tiny.   Certainly less than the 30% difference that you allow for WAR numbers.

Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong.   Just like everyone but you.   Examine your life because being "right" on the internet is FAR too important to you.  I honestly do fear for the safety of your family.   You're not wired quite right.
11/22/2013 8:26 AM
You think difference offensively between Bermie Williams and Edgar Martinez is tiny? Wow, are you sure you aren't drunk now?

I'll give you a hint. The difference is large and has nothing to do with WAR. (WAR actually helps Williams draw closer to Martinez because it considers defense)
11/22/2013 9:45 AM
You again are attempting to divert the conversation when it leads you to an uncomfortable area.

In your opinion, which you seem to have so many of that you are more than happy to share with and enlighten us simpletons, are businesses who blame the ACA for reduced/eliminated benefits, or for the imposition of spousal surcharges, lying?
11/22/2013 10:05 AM
Do we have to argue BW/EM again?    Because I don't.   Dig up the thread, I made my point then.

I'll give you a hint.   Examine your life.  Dragging up year old, or older, internet arguments is not normal behavior.   Seek help now before you harm your family.
11/22/2013 10:11 AM
We don't because it wasn't much of an argument. Like the deficit/bonds discussion, you said something dumb, everyone else laughed at you, life went on.

I brought it up as an example for tec. Sometimes people say things that they think are true (our health premiums are up because of Obamacare; if the government sold more treasury bonds it could eliminate the deficit). They aren't necessarily lying. They could just be clueless.
11/22/2013 10:22 AM
You again are attempting to divert the conversation when it leads you to an uncomfortable area.

11/22/2013 10:29 AM
Asked and answered. See post above yours.
11/22/2013 10:46 AM
So businesses who say that are clueless?  Is that your answer?
11/22/2013 10:49 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/22/2013 10:22:00 AM (view original):
We don't because it wasn't much of an argument. Like the deficit/bonds discussion, you said something dumb, everyone else laughed at you, life went on.

I brought it up as an example for tec. Sometimes people say things that they think are true (our health premiums are up because of Obamacare; if the government sold more treasury bonds it could eliminate the deficit). They aren't necessarily lying. They could just be clueless.
Do you understand that this is the internet?  That, if you don't know, you can look stuff up before commenting?   Wouldn't most people do that?

Anyway, that beside the point.   Your behavior is abnormal.   You have a switch that clicks every Friday.  You're especially unreasonable and argumentative. If no one will argue a current issue, you will dig deep to find something from the past.  I asked if it was because you dreaded spending more than an hour with your family on the weekends as you're forced to do during the week.  You refused to answer, however, I noticed you spent a considerable amount of time arguing, on the internet, last weekend.    I seriously suspect you have a mental issue and I am genuinely concerned for the safety of your family.   Please, I implore you, seek professional help.  
11/22/2013 10:53 AM
I imagine some are as clueless as mike talking about economics or baseball. Others, I'm guessing, are using it as a convenient excuse to pass along costs, knowing they won't be questioned by people who are so uninformed that they, for example, can't say for certain whether or not the issuance of treasury bonds by the US government reduces the deficit.
11/22/2013 11:06 AM
Seek help before you harm your family.
11/22/2013 11:08 AM
◂ Prev 1...51|52|53|54|55...57 Next ▸
Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.