Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

A time will come when you don't have your "outlet".    Maybe the internet is down.  Maybe no one will argue with you on Friday.    That's when your family will be at risk because you won't have your outlet.   Take action.   Seek help before you do something harmful to your innocent wife and child. 
11/22/2013 11:10 AM
That's all you got?
11/22/2013 11:13 AM
Do you think your behavior is normal?   Serious question. 
11/22/2013 11:19 AM
Do you think your behavior is normal?
11/22/2013 11:29 AM

Do you recognize that you got from a 4/5 M-T to about 11 on Friday?    Surely you do.

11/22/2013 11:38 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/22/2013 11:06:00 AM (view original):
I imagine some are as clueless as mike talking about economics or baseball. Others, I'm guessing, are using it as a convenient excuse to pass along costs, knowing they won't be questioned by people who are so uninformed that they, for example, can't say for certain whether or not the issuance of treasury bonds by the US government reduces the deficit.
OK.

"Businesses who blame the ACA for reducing or eliminating healthcare benefits to employees are either lying or clueless".

Got it.
11/22/2013 11:47 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/22/2013 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/22/2013 11:06:00 AM (view original):
I imagine some are as clueless as mike talking about economics or baseball. Others, I'm guessing, are using it as a convenient excuse to pass along costs, knowing they won't be questioned by people who are so uninformed that they, for example, can't say for certain whether or not the issuance of treasury bonds by the US government reduces the deficit.
OK.

"Businesses who blame the ACA for reducing or eliminating healthcare benefits to employees are either lying or clueless".

Got it.
Do you disagree?
11/22/2013 12:21 PM
Yes, I do.

My wife works for a small business in which the owner of the company covers 100% of the healthcare benefits for his full time employees.

One of my wife's responsibilities is to work as the liason between her company and the insurer that provides their healthcare benefits.  She hasn't gone into specific details with me, but she has indicated that Obamacare has introduced a significant cost increase to what her boss now has to pay for coverage,

My wife has practically no interest in politics or political rhetoric, so this is certainly not "spin" on her part.  I don't believe my wife is clueless.  And I don't believe my wife is a liar. 

Are you saying that she is one of those?
11/22/2013 12:34 PM
oh come on, she married you. She HAS to be clueless.
11/22/2013 12:39 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/22/2013 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Yes, I do.

My wife works for a small business in which the owner of the company covers 100% of the healthcare benefits for his full time employees.

One of my wife's responsibilities is to work as the liason between her company and the insurer that provides their healthcare benefits.  She hasn't gone into specific details with me, but she has indicated that Obamacare has introduced a significant cost increase to what her boss now has to pay for coverage,

My wife has practically no interest in politics or political rhetoric, so this is certainly not "spin" on her part.  I don't believe my wife is clueless.  And I don't believe my wife is a liar. 

Are you saying that she is one of those?
I have no idea. You haven't provided any specific details.

I have a friend who isn't political at all and his company is getting a HUGE discount on their health coverage because of the ACA. I don't know details, but are you calling him a liar?
11/22/2013 12:42 PM
How does he know about the "HUGE discount"?.  Is this something that he is personally involved with, or is this information that he is getting as word of mouth?
11/22/2013 12:48 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/22/2013 12:49:00 PM (view original):
How does he know about the "HUGE discount"?.  Is this something that he is personally involved with, or is this information that he is getting as word of mouth?
He works in benefits. It's direct knowledge.
11/22/2013 1:13 PM
OK.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that ACA is responsible for any "HUGE discount" in healthcare coverage.  Assuming it's equivalent coverage from last year.

That seems to go against 99% of what is being reported as the common experience of what other businesses are seeing.
11/22/2013 1:26 PM
ACA, ************?????
11/22/2013 1:45 PM

It's pretty obvious that adding coverage for old, sickly people to the health insurance business will provide HUGE discounts in premiums.

11/22/2013 1:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...52|53|54|55|56|57 Next ▸
Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.