DH $52M Draft League XLII Topic

Kevin Durant
10/13/2013 11:29 PM
Penn...can't do imbalanced draft trades, but would entertain giving your my 1,2,4 for your 1,3,4
10/13/2013 11:30 PM
Chris Paul
10/14/2013 9:26 AM
Shaquille O'Neal

Please sitemail for me, in court.
10/14/2013 10:11 AM
sm'd
10/14/2013 10:27 AM
I will check back in a few hours at lunch.......hopefully vance will have picked
10/14/2013 10:49 AM
Via proxy Vance takes Barkley. Not at my computer right now to copy/paste his sm, but that is the highest guy left on his list. Loquacious sm coach and the next guys up.
10/14/2013 11:09 AM
The above should say "please sm coach" not sure wtf my phone just did with auto correct.
10/14/2013 11:10 AM
^done
10/14/2013 11:37 AM
Artis Gilmore guys I'm at work would someone sitemail for me please?
10/14/2013 11:42 AM
For the record:

vancem
To:
natenoy
Received:
10/13/2013 1:49:00 AM
Subject:
52 Million Draft Round 1Proxy Picks
Hey guy my first round proxies as follows please:

1) Kevin Durant, 2) Karl Malone, 3) Shaq, 4) Charles Barkley, 5) Chris Paul.

Thanks,

Vance
10/14/2013 11:57 AM
We getting a commentary thread up soon for this one? I don't have the time to commit to keeping the picks updated so I don't want to start the thread.
10/14/2013 11:59 AM
Posted by natenoy on 10/14/2013 11:59:00 AM (view original):
We getting a commentary thread up soon for this one? I don't have the time to commit to keeping the picks updated so I don't want to start the thread.
ill sitemail ltb
10/14/2013 12:00 PM
Posted by badja on 10/13/2013 9:09:00 PM (view original):
Kareem goes where he should.  He brings the total package for a lot of minutes.  I'd say he should go before Rodman just due to the ease of building around him.
While we are waiting for the other thread:

Badja, IMO after being in these draft leagues for over a year now one learns that what is likely to be available in the later rounds should dictate how you rank the top of your draftboard. I’ve had the #4 pick once before and I took MJ (lost to tar in the playoffs) and a couple of leagues back Rodman fell to me at #7 (lost in the playoffs to sly.)

If this were a straight cap league where you could put anyone with your top pick them I’d have MJ and Rodman above Kareem, but IMO in THIS league a team efg% of at least 53% should be a critical target if you want to make the playoffs. Yes, there are other ways to get there, but the further your team is above a 53% efg the more likely you are to have a strong squad as long as you can avoid any major flaws in your team build.

Kareem gives you a significant amount of shots at 57-60%. Jordan is on par in terms of impact, but the key for me is what will be there in the 2nd and 3rd rounds? There are numerous guards that can give you a comparable efg to MJ, not at quite the volume, but the 4-point to 6-point usage tiers is possible. However, you won’t find many bigs at the end of the 2nd that give you anything even close to what Kareem brings.

In a $47mill cap league I’d still likely go Rodman over Kareem because of the salary crunch and the fact that you can win with a far lower efg% than you HAVE to have in the $52mill league. I fully understand all that Rodman brings, but he creates a range void at the SF position and you still need BOTH inside and outside shooting when you take the Worm. IMO the guys you NEED to have with Rodman are too far picked over by the tail end of the 2nd and early 3rd rounds in this draft. Plus you actually have a difficult time not going too far over with minutes when you take the Worm in such a high cap league, the expensive guys you can afford to draft with the Worm are a very scarce resource by the time you get to pick again, so the end result is that you have more cap space than you need by the end of the day.

I’m actually glad LeBron went 3rd this time, as I was considering taking Kareem ahead of even LBJ. Yes, taking Kareem means more boards and D are still a critical need down low, but as long as you don’t botch your team with low efg% guys he gives you the luxury of banking an elite scoring big that actually passes once in a while.

Considering all of the tradeoffs is what makes this draft so enjoyable, that and the back-and-forth we generally get going here.

10/14/2013 12:03 PM
Posted by dh555 on 10/14/2013 12:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by natenoy on 10/14/2013 11:59:00 AM (view original):
ill sitemail ltb
I'll get a commentary thread started by tomorrow, if not tonight.
10/14/2013 12:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...23 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XLII Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.