BUCK and McCARVER Topic

10/20/2013 1:14 PM
10/20/2013 8:19 PM
24 years ago, even the Earth had enough of Tim McCarver.

www.youtube.com/watch
10/23/2013 2:46 PM
A column should have fallen on him when the earthquake hit. Then we'd at least have Buck and "Who Gives A ****"...LOL!!!
10/23/2013 11:13 PM (edited)
Seriously.......does ANYONE have ANYTHING good to say about these two pukes as announcers? I mean, they are LITERALLY the WORST announcing team EVER assembled. They make Rick Rizzs and Bob Rathbun look like Harwell and Carey in their heyday. McCarver is just a moron who goes for the most OBVIOUS and INANE color comments in the history of announcing. And Buck??????? Artie Lange said it best when he said, " You're not your Father" to Buck on his EXCEPTIONALLY short-lived HBO-tv show. Who the **** makes these decisions for Fox Sports??? I hope that somehow this message gets back to someone in the chain (now that Fox owns WIS) who passes it along to someone AGAIN.who passes it along to someone else who hands it off to another guy who shucks it off to one more guy who actually lets someone in the decision-making process actually see how UNIVERSALLY these two assclowns are despised by REAL baseball fans. Wake the **** up Fox. These guys are just AWFUL and cause MANY baseball fans who would otherwise watch your coverage go elsewhere to see the games. I PERSONALLY know several who turn on radio coverage on satellite or terrestrial and turn the volume off on their televisions. I don't go that far. But i'm the kind of guy who likes staring at a good car wreck too so take it for what it's worth.......
10/24/2013 12:05 AM (edited)
Did anyone get a count on how many times McCarver told us that he had a conversation with Tom Seaver about pitch counts?

I heard it at least 2 times.  Not just a little snippet of the story, but the whole ******* thing.
10/24/2013 1:15 AM
Posted by fencer024 on 10/24/2013 1:15:00 AM (view original):
Did anyone get a count on how many times McCarver told us that he had a conversation with Tom Seaver about pitch counts?

I heard it at least 2 times.  Not just a little snippet of the story, but the whole ******* thing.
EXACTLY BRO.......The guy is ******* "bananas" for sure. BTW...how the **** are ya man??? Miss Ya!!!
10/24/2013 2:05 AM
I don't know how either of them still have a job.  On every blog/chat/forum, everyone hates them.  I seriously don't know how they still have a job.

They are brutal.  It's funny when they show them in the booth.  They get so close together and look like they are about to makeout.
10/24/2013 11:23 AM
People talk about them, that's why. 

There's no such thing as bad publicity as the saying goes.   No one turns the game off because they can't stand listening to them.   They say they turn the sound down and then complain that they had the sound off while watching the game. 

It's all about the numbers.   
10/24/2013 11:27 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2013 11:27:00 AM (view original):
People talk about them, that's why. 

There's no such thing as bad publicity as the saying goes.   No one turns the game off because they can't stand listening to them.   They say they turn the sound down and then complain that they had the sound off while watching the game. 

It's all about the numbers.   
Agreed....but you could put a pile of **** in there and it'd pull the same ratings.  Just throwing away $$$ on those 2.  I'm sure they could find better guys for less $$$ and not see a drop in ratings.

It's not like people are only watching for those 2 butt *****.

10/24/2013 12:44 PM
But there would be less talk about the game. 
10/24/2013 1:06 PM
Who's considered the best these days?   Is there a thread waxing poetic about how good he is?
10/24/2013 1:07 PM
As long as he's still alive and is capable/wanting to do it, Vin Scully should have a standing offer to announce every World Series game - no matter where it is or who's playing.

10/24/2013 1:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2013 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Who's considered the best these days?   Is there a thread waxing poetic about how good he is?
I'd rather have the ******* dog from the Bush Baked Beans commercials do the games.
10/24/2013 3:58 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 10/24/2013 3:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2013 1:07:00 PM (view original):
I'd rather have the ******* dog from the Bush Baked Beans commercials do the games.
Yet, when I asked "Who's the best?", you talk about a dog.      In the GODDAM MCCARVER THREAD!!!!
10/24/2013 4:23 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
BUCK and McCARVER Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.