BUCK and McCARVER Topic

Ron Darling is awesome at color commentating.  I'd deal with Buck if Darling took TM's place.
10/24/2013 4:44 PM
He's annoying as ****. 
10/24/2013 4:56 PM
I know McCarver is.
10/24/2013 5:20 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Darling licks balls.    I'd rather listen to "What does the fox say?" on repeat than Darling describe a single pitch. 
10/24/2013 6:10 PM
McCarver talks about candy bars named after players refers to the Reggie Bar in the 70's and the Baby Ruth bar for Babe Ruth. The Baby Ruth bar was named for, at the time, former President Grover Cleveland's daughter Ruth in 1921.
10/24/2013 9:19 PM
I do think that once McCarver is out of the picture that Buck could be alright as a lead, as long as they get him a good "color" man - like Smoltz.  (Please, not Ron Darling).  I agree that sometimes when they show Buck and McCarver on camera, it's like they look at each other and they want to kiss - but then the Producer yells in the earpiece, "Get a freakin' room!"

10/24/2013 11:51 PM

Ruth Cleveland

Ruth Cleveland Aged 6
Born (1891-10-03)October 3, 1891
Died January 7, 1904(1904-01-07) (aged 12)
Cause of death diphtheria
Resting place Princeton Cemetery
Parents Grover Cleveland
Frances Cleveland
Relatives Esther Cleveland (sister)
Rose Cleveland (auntie)

"Baby" Ruth Cleveland (October 3, 1891–January 7, 1904) was the first child of United States President Grover Cleveland and the First Lady Frances Cleveland. Her birth between Cleveland's two terms of office caused a national sensation. However, she was a sickly child who died at the age of twelve of diphtheria. She was buried in Princeton Cemetery.

The Curtiss Candy Company asserted that the "Baby Ruth" candy bar (formerly known as Kandy Kake from 1900–1920) was named after Ruth Cleveland, a claim that the urban legends website Snopes.com has debunked. The renaming of the candy bar took place in 1921, thirty years after Ruth Cleveland's birth and seventeen years after her death. That same year, legendary baseball player George Ruth, better known by the nickname Babe Ruth, was nearing the top of his popularity, having just broken the single-season home run record.[1]

As Richard Sandomir of The New York Times pointed out, "For 85 years, Babe Ruth, the slugger, and Baby Ruth, the candy bar, have lived parallel lives in which it has been widely assumed that the latter was named for the former. The confection's creator, the Curtiss Candy Company, never admitted to what looks like an obvious connection – especially since Ruth hit 54 home runs the year before the first Baby Ruth was devoured. Had it done so, Curtiss would have had to compensate Ruth. Instead, it eventually insisted the inspiration was "Baby Ruth" Cleveland, the daughter of President Grover Cleveland. But it is an odd connection that makes one wonder at the marketing savvy of Otto Schnering, the company's founder." [2]

10/28/2013 9:08 PM
i love diptheria
10/29/2013 9:25 AM
it's no typhoid
10/29/2013 9:41 AM
Really?  Fox is showing us some McCarver crap!?!?
10/31/2013 12:05 AM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 10/31/2013 12:05:00 AM (view original):
Really?  Fox is showing us some McCarver crap!?!?
I went back to hockey. A true no-brainer decision.
10/31/2013 1:57 AM
I made sure I turned the TV off before they did a farewell to McCarver.  I figured it would be uncomfortable to watch.  The sexual tension between Buck and Timbo was so thick, you could cut it with a knife.
10/31/2013 5:57 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/31/2013 5:57:00 AM (view original):
I made sure I turned the TV off before they did a farewell to McCarver.  I figured it would be uncomfortable to watch.  The sexual tension between Buck and Timbo was so thick, you could cut it with a knife.
They totally went back to their shared hotel room and partied like rock stars.
10/31/2013 10:49 AM
Is that where Joey finally fellated Timmy?
10/31/2013 11:00 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
BUCK and McCARVER Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.