World Seriezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Topic

Posted by thejuice6 on 10/28/2013 5:22:00 PM (view original):
Gentlemen, I'm attending my very first World Series game tonight.  Was hoping the Deadbirds would pull it out last night so that I could possibly see a "clincher" but it wasn't to be.  Nevertheless, looking forward to it.  Here's hoping Game 5 is as interesting as the last few games have been...

Geesh, was a letdown.  I've never been to such a dead ballgame in my life.  I swear, I've seen Cardinal/Marlin games in mid-May that had more excitement than tonight's game.  Well, at least I can say I've been to a World Series game in my life...

10/29/2013 12:45 AM
So the thread title fits?
10/29/2013 7:01 AM
Posted by thejuice6 on 10/29/2013 12:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by thejuice6 on 10/28/2013 5:22:00 PM (view original):
Gentlemen, I'm attending my very first World Series game tonight.  Was hoping the Deadbirds would pull it out last night so that I could possibly see a "clincher" but it wasn't to be.  Nevertheless, looking forward to it.  Here's hoping Game 5 is as interesting as the last few games have been...

Geesh, was a letdown.  I've never been to such a dead ballgame in my life.  I swear, I've seen Cardinal/Marlin games in mid-May that had more excitement than tonight's game.  Well, at least I can say I've been to a World Series game in my life...

Sorry to hear it was a letdown for you.  A friend of mine went to his first WS game last week, when he and a buddy got tickets to Game 1 at Fenway.  They went dressed up as the Duck Dynasty guys, with the long beards and all, and got their 15 minutes of fame as they were on TV a couple of times, had a picture in the Boston Globe, were interviewed by a newspaper from Portland ME, by ESPN Espanol, and by a local TV station.  Rumor has it a clip of them was also on a TV commercial after game 3 Saturday night.
10/29/2013 8:13 AM
that happens to everyone in Boston
10/29/2013 9:43 AM
Posted by aginor on 10/28/2013 9:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by edsortails on 10/28/2013 5:15:00 PM (view original):
it would seem there is a future MLB umpiring position for aginor...he has that cop/ump mentality of superiority.....

'I am an umpire....only I know what is right.....I tolerate the ignorant'
Have been doing slo pitch for over 10+ years and help run training clinics etc.  So yes, I know the rules fairly well.  True there are some differences when looking at the MLB rules, still a lot of them are basically the same.

I tell all people I've trained..firstly, you if think you will not make mistake...forget that, you will.  We are all human.  Secondly, nobody knows ALL the rules perfectly (just too many of them ..in slo-pitch they change on a regular basis). That is why I stated I enjoy working with others umpires.  No matter how long you've been doing it..something to learn.

Problem I had (as many do) after playing the game for so long, we 'think' we know the rules.  I learned quickly when I started umpiring, just how much I really didn't know. There were rules, I was absolutely positive I knew (would've bet on it)...only to find out I was so wrong!  So, when a player comes to argue something he/she are absolutely positive of ..remembering I had MANY misconception about some rules... helps me be respectful to their argument. I've seen some umps be rather condescending to a player in these cases. I feel that's totally wrong and work hard to not be that way.

Ignorant in the context used means 'lacking knowledge'..not meant as a slight or insult.   

This didn't help your case against edso's claim of your superiority complex.
10/29/2013 9:54 AM
'I didn't mean to imply stupid, I merely meant really, really not smart.'
10/29/2013 10:01 AM
Congrats to the Red Sox - it's a shame that the Cardinals couldn't have given them more competition than they did.  Boston pitching definitely put the "kai-bosh" on the St. Louis hitters. 
10/30/2013 11:55 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but "this game/series/etc is boring" sounds an awful lot like the sour grapes of a fan whose team was sitting at home for the month of October.  This series was far from the greatest I've seen in my life, but there was a lot of excitement in it.  Great pitching, clutch hitting, 2 memorable never-seen-before endings, controversial managerial decision making, unsung stars, and one of the single greatest offensive performances ever in a World Series by Ortiz.

I'd say there was plenty to enjoy watching.
10/31/2013 3:04 AM
The least exciting series of my lifetime would have to include 1981, 1983, 1990, 1998, 2005...this series doesn't belong in the same category.
10/31/2013 3:06 AM
thank god it's over
10/31/2013 7:59 AM
Who was in charge of my wake-up call?
10/31/2013 8:23 AM
With baseball finally over, I can now focus more of my sports attention on ignoring the NBA.
10/31/2013 8:39 AM
i'll get you next time
10/31/2013 8:39 AM
it really was proof of how the culture has changed here......

10 years ago, Fenway is tense last night, just waiting for something to go wrong and Boston to lose the game

last night, nobody in the Park thought for a minute the Red Sox were going to lose...it was a championship celebration from the minute they opened the gates, right down to strike 3 from Koji
10/31/2013 10:11 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
World Seriezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.