Posted by jibe on 10/27/2013 8:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by noah23 on 10/27/2013 8:25:00 PM (view original):
Jibe, just wondering, what would you do with the playbooks? I'm assuming the no delete thing (which I still do not understand) is because of limited server space. I hear a lot of picking and complaining, but no solutions 
As far as deleting a GP what is there to solve? I have played this game for 5 seasons and the ability to delete a GP that is obsolete to the user has always existed. Its simple, give us that tiny option.

As far as creating a GP I am not a designer or programmer. I am however a user and I along with many others do not find creating a GP user friendly at all. So since I'm not a designer but merely a user I can offer no solutions. But I do know when I don't like something. Scroll down menus are more friendly that having to pick and peck.

I also do not like losing game plans that I spent much time working on at one point that I do like. Which will now be the case with this 2.0 to 3.0 move. As bad as the transition to 2.0 was we did not lose existing GP's.
As long as you have not hit your max on playbooks you can copy any playbooks you have. Personally, I prefer the current layout to a bunch of scroll down menus. My primary point in all of this is to point out that while I understand the complaints, I don't share them. I actually prefer the playbooks per ID approach because it makes what would be a very time consuming task (if I had multiple teams on an ID) into a much simpler one. I like the control that the new way gives me. Without it, I likely would not be a customer any longer myself. 

Its a hard thing indeed to try to please everyone in these sorts of things. 

10/27/2013 8:55 PM
Posted by jmcgarry on 10/27/2013 8:51:00 PM (view original):
in my case "thank god".....i run the same thing each world & to have to set all this up 3 times would be VERY frustrating
Yeah, it appears that if you run the same thing with no changes...you are in GREAT shape!  Otherwise, this playbook/gameplan thing is a bit jacked up IMO.  When I look at my team in world X, all I want to see is the gameplans that I have set up for that world....not ALL of them for ALL worlds.
10/27/2013 8:58 PM
well...if you run say wishbone in 1 world then perhaps edit the heavy run default & say the heavy pass if you run shotgun etc.....thats 5 game plans there before you have to actually "create" another no?
10/27/2013 9:02 PM
Posted by jmcgarry on 10/27/2013 9:02:00 PM (view original):
well...if you run say wishbone in 1 world then perhaps edit the heavy run default & say the heavy pass if you run shotgun etc.....thats 5 game plans there before you have to actually "create" another no?
the one thing I do not like about the current status quo..you cannot edit the default gameplans. that could be changed and could actually help. 
10/27/2013 9:04 PM
or how about deleting them?
10/28/2013 12:21 AM
So I can import all my version 2 playbooks from other worlds which are outdated, but I can not import any playbooks from version 3 Beta which would be useful and save a ton of time?  I don't understand...   

I really enjoyed Beta and was looking forward to it arriving on the server I play on, but I just don't see myself having the time to set up the playbook and formations in the next couple of weeks.  I know it is only about 2 hours and you are set, but right now, I just don't have it.  I am very disappointed we could not import the settings we worked out over several seasons in Beta.   I guess I will be running the generic "balanced" offense and defense to kick off the season....  

None of this is really a complaint.  I don't really mind the setup.  At least I didn't the first time.   I just wish I didn't have to do it again!    

As far as deleting playbooks goes, I also agree that this should be an option.   
10/28/2013 12:59 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.