jrootball88 - A Formal Challenge Topic

Pick an admin so we can deposit the money and get this started.
11/1/2013 11:08 AM
Who would win the challenge?
jrootball88

jfootball88
polarsi

slid64er

superv97
da_goat
acroth2
bjaygee
mr_mojo
bhouska
phightin
bhazlewood
marble26
2chair
jhard70
shonuff504
portcity
justinlee_24
runnrun
dream76
harriswb3
caesari
mb625
jjohn45
noah23
firpo
pyt100
citizenkane

Maybe polarsi hit  the wrong button or is a multi?
11/1/2013 11:19 AM
That's surprising.  I don't think everyone realizes that I've got a full SIM roster with no vision.  I would lose season 4 and 5 and start 0-2.  I'd basically need to win 4 out of the last 5 seasons to win.  It's a more than fair bet.
11/1/2013 11:28 AM
Posted by dream76 on 11/1/2013 11:20:00 AM (view original):
Who would win the challenge?
jrootball88

jfootball88
polarsi

slid64er

superv97
da_goat
acroth2
bjaygee
mr_mojo
bhouska
phightin
bhazlewood
marble26
2chair
jhard70
shonuff504
portcity
justinlee_24
runnrun
dream76
harriswb3
caesari
mb625
jjohn45
noah23
firpo
pyt100
citizenkane

Maybe polarsi hit  the wrong button or is a multi?
He won't even be the best team in his conference in 4 seasons, Pola can coach a little.,
11/1/2013 12:59 PM
Posted by slid64er on 11/1/2013 11:28:00 AM (view original):
That's surprising.  I don't think everyone realizes that I've got a full SIM roster with no vision.  I would lose season 4 and 5 and start 0-2.  I'd basically need to win 4 out of the last 5 seasons to win.  It's a more than fair bet.
Go take a look at Anderson's history. I had nearly a full sim roster and beat him when he was strong. I was in my second year there.
11/1/2013 1:00 PM
I wasn't trying to make fun of you in any way shape or form. Though I understand how you came to that conclusion. If someone calls you out for being a total jerk, they must be making fun of you. Can't be that you are actually a jerk. That's impossible. I'm not attempting to make fun of or harass you, and I'm pretty sure you're the only one who got that out of my post. Like I alluded to earlier, what I wrote comes out of a lot of anger. It takes a lot for me to say things like that, and I don't do so unless I feel them to be justified. 

Sorry that you took that to be me making fun of you, but you're dead wrong. Actually, it comes from a place of respect for others, which is something that you refuse to do. If I wanted to make fun of you I wouldn't have written nearly as much as I did. It's the fact that I respect a lot of the guys on this site that makes me write that way. Everyone here deserves to be treated with respect, even you (believe it or not), so why not give it to them? That was all I was trying to say.

Oh, and the thing about beta, that was meant to be very tongue in cheek, just FYI.

11/1/2013 1:26 PM
Posted by slid64er on 10/31/2013 11:43:00 AM (view original):
Each of us puts in a $100 gift certificate.
7 game series beginning in season 4 of the new engine in Yost (season 53 of the world).
Only OOC games count towards the record.
The winner of the 7 game series takes it all.

The escrow type account will be set up like the one for The Challenge, described here:

8/2/2012 4:31 PM

norbert

Okay, just getting caught up on this.  First let me say that everyone should participate at their own risk.  WIS is not responsible for any grievances with this competition and has nothing to do with administering it (other than below).

What we have done in the past for similar type user-created pools is for participants to buy gift certificates and send them to Admin with the SAME message and then Admin can transfer them to the selected user when the time comes.  If you do this, you do not need to create a dummy account or transfer any accounts or give out any passwords.  I would have one person act as the administrator of the pool to interact with Admin to make sure everything is set up and distributed correctly.

bhazlewood has graciously agreed to be the third party admin to release the funds at the close of the bet.

We are already in the same world.
You will have a vision advantage the entire time.
If you are half the coach you think you are, you should win season 4 and 5 and start 2-0 in the bet.
You have every advantage I can think of here.

Will you accept?
I'm your huckleberry.
11/1/2013 1:44 PM
Posted by caesari on 11/1/2013 7:54:00 AM (view original):
Your definition of dominate must be different than mine. 1 NC in 10 seasons or so is not domination. Wanna see domination? How about Cheyney in Rockne, or kevintam90's Towson team? 

I'm fairly certain Reid has won more championships under the new engine than you have too. 
 Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Team Profile: Bethune-Cookman College
11/1/2013 2:02 PM (edited)

But esf, national championships are MEANINGLESS. You haven't "arrived" or "dominated" until j-noballs-00  SAYS that you have arrived or dominated. And frankly, with that attitude esf, you have no shot. I won a couple of NCs a long long time ago in a WIS world that was far far away. In this new world order, we must accept the domination and authority of j-noballs-00. The correct pronunciation of this user name is "Johnny No-balls."

Yes, j-noballs-00, I am making fun of you. Please spell check before your next oral regurgitation. I would hate for you to not "cover all your basis" or upset one of the trophies on your "Mantel place."

11/1/2013 2:07 PM
To ALL Coaches with no teams posting on here I'm glad we have some legitimate forum trolls. You all are a bunch of losers get a life.

To Slider I'm declining your invitation as you declined mine. On the basis that gambling is illegal in the state I live and I don't like to gamble. I've never doubted you being a good coach not once in these posts when I said I had a better winning percentage originally I only had looked at your Dynasty overall 77% not your GD winning % you've accomplished much more than me and as I said I've never turned down an invitation to play in non conference so in a couple of seasons when you feel up to it send me an invite.
11/1/2013 3:13 PM
Perhaps cousin of grindi???  I think I'm zeroing in on the real identity.  LOL
11/1/2013 6:02 PM
jfootball...all I gotta say is thank you. I knew people who misunderstood the first amendment were out there that believed as you do, but I hadn't seen such a shining example. If nothing else, laughs are good for your health. So thanks for the 2 minutes of lifetime you gave me :) 
11/1/2013 7:19 PM
And, lets say I somehow agreed with you. That a business cannot selectively censor content on a forum without having you sign something. Well, there is a problem with that. I will bold the most relevant part of the forthcoming paragraph as this is part of the terms of use of the site and must be accepted (electronically signed) in order to access the site. Every time you log in to the site you agree to the new terms of service (although WIS's terms of service has hardly changed since its inception). 

B. The following, in addition to the Rules of Conduct, (as described in Section 16 below) is only a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Site Services. Fox reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Fox's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Site Services and terminating the membership of such violators. "Prohibited Content" includes, but is not limited to the following types of Content that, in the sole discretion of Fox:

So unless you (and the burden of proof is on the user not the site when the site is maintained privately) prove discrimination based off of a protected status they could ban you from the site for spelling something wrong. They have the first amendment right to deny your first amendment rights on their property. 

11/1/2013 7:38 PM (edited)
Posted by jfootball88 on 11/1/2013 3:13:00 PM (view original):
To ALL Coaches with no teams posting on here I'm glad we have some legitimate forum trolls. You all are a bunch of losers get a life.

To Slider I'm declining your invitation as you declined mine. On the basis that gambling is illegal in the state I live and I don't like to gamble. I've never doubted you being a good coach not once in these posts when I said I had a better winning percentage originally I only had looked at your Dynasty overall 77% not your GD winning % you've accomplished much more than me and as I said I've never turned down an invitation to play in non conference so in a couple of seasons when you feel up to it send me an invite.
This is a big straw man.  I laid down my terms first and in public in two separate threads.  I am giving you extremely favorable terms, especially for a self proclaimed "great" coach.  Your offer only came after you decided you couldn't win in the long run.

You responded by offering to play my sim filled team with the response:  "Keep on talking send me an invite in a couple of months and when I beat you expect some sort of forum post regarding in the meantime. Keep chickening out."  I made an offer, you chickened out and threw out a straw man.  Then you want to gloat about beating a Sim team.

So far the excuses are:  
  • I didn't accept your challenge, so you won't accept mine.  You have the timeline wrong.  If it makes you feel any better, I will gladly accept your offer and take an L for the first few seasons until I am competitive.  You can feel good about yourself and boast in the forums during that time.
  • You don't want bhazlewood to be the admin of the account.  That's fine.  Choose another admin.  I'm willing to go with whoever you are comfortable with.
  • Now it's you don't gamble.  Funny how that only comes out now, after your other excuses are shot down.  Think of it as rewards points.  Surely a "great" coach such as yourself won't lose anyway.  You're getting sizable advantages that a dinosaur like myself won't be able to overcome.  I mean, you've "dominated the last couple of seasons".
As for respect, I haven't disrespected you at all, you need better reading comprehension.  You're the only one disparaging people.  I offered a proposition.  You backed out . . . again.  That's twice.  You don't have my respect, nor do you deserve it.  But don't claim i've disrespected you by making a very favorable offer.

You want my respect:  Pick an admin, take the proposition.  Treat others with respect, even if you think you should have beaten them.  Act like an adult.  

11/1/2013 7:47 PM (edited)
Posted by jfootball88 on 11/1/2013 3:13:00 PM (view original):

Hey I have to admire your honorable nature in avoiding gambling--it is a vice we should all look down upon as you have!  You, sir, must therefore be a man of high character!  LOL.
11/1/2013 9:18 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
jrootball88 - A Formal Challenge Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.