jrootball88 - A Formal Challenge Topic

Posted by slid64er on 10/31/2013 11:43:00 AM (view original):
Each of us puts in a $100 gift certificate.
7 game series beginning in season 4 of the new engine in Yost (season 53 of the world).
Only OOC games count towards the record.
The winner of the 7 game series takes it all.

The escrow type account will be set up like the one for The Challenge, described here:

8/2/2012 4:31 PM

norbert

Okay, just getting caught up on this.  First let me say that everyone should participate at their own risk.  WIS is not responsible for any grievances with this competition and has nothing to do with administering it (other than below).

What we have done in the past for similar type user-created pools is for participants to buy gift certificates and send them to Admin with the SAME message and then Admin can transfer them to the selected user when the time comes.  If you do this, you do not need to create a dummy account or transfer any accounts or give out any passwords.  I would have one person act as the administrator of the pool to interact with Admin to make sure everything is set up and distributed correctly.

bhazlewood has graciously agreed to be the third party admin to release the funds at the close of the bet.

We are already in the same world.
You will have a vision advantage the entire time.
If you are half the coach you think you are, you should win season 4 and 5 and start 2-0 in the bet.
You have every advantage I can think of here.

Will you accept?
Recruiting is starting so I thought I'd throw it out again before games get scheduled.  I will finally be rid of SIMs this season, so there is no waiting period needed anymore.
2/8/2014 12:47 PM
I really wish you guys would just freaking play....I suggest that a 3rd party make the arrangement, so that no one can claim they did this or that or declined or offered or whatever.....
2/8/2014 6:28 PM
I'm about to make a seperate post about how Slider has turned down or ignored numerous requests from me I have screen shots to prove it. The guys afraid to play me plain and simple he wants to put money on it which is dumb man up and play me.
2/8/2014 6:32 PM
Maybe its a she I don't know anymore that would make the most sense.
2/8/2014 6:33 PM
So he posts another challenge and your response is that he doesn't want to play you????????????????
2/8/2014 9:22 PM
Lol clearly you don't  know how to read. Slider64 is all talk no walk I've sent him non conference game requests he ignores them.
2/8/2014 11:11 PM
What world and division is this? I'm really not a fan of the current engine but this makes me want to get a team and get involved.
I have to believe it's only a matter of time before they meet in the playoffs. I like slider to take the series. 
2/8/2014 11:16 PM
Yost D-3...there's a movement starting called occupy YOST!!! Trying to fill up the entire division !
2/8/2014 11:20 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 2/8/2014 6:32:00 PM (view original):
I'm about to make a seperate post about how Slider has turned down or ignored numerous requests from me I have screen shots to prove it. The guys afraid to play me plain and simple he wants to put money on it which is dumb man up and play me.
If you accept the challenge, I'll take the losses because I know I have you locked in while I increase my vision.  Otherwise, you'll just have to wait until we're on equal footing.

As it stands, it looks like another season of bluster to deflect attention away from your unwillingness to put your money where your mouth is.
2/9/2014 11:52 AM
With the regular season starting, it looks like the challenge will not be accepted for the fourth consecutive season.  We'll check back next season to see if we can make it five in a row.
2/18/2014 1:07 PM
Bloviate, pointificate.

Jfootball88 won't take the bait.

2/18/2014 1:39 PM
Suggest you both go to a different world as newbies. Slid picks team for Jr88, Jr88 picks team for Slid. Play 5 game series, best 3 of 5 wins. This will keep us all entertained for 5 seasons.
2/18/2014 3:08 PM
How about next year you both play me in Yost...
2/18/2014 4:45 PM
Shlog no offense but not a single player on your team would start for me at Colorado you're a waste of non conference space. LOL ...Just look at what my team has done to good teams this year thus far and try to reason why you would even stand the slightest of chances. What say you???
2/18/2014 6:12 PM
Posted by moreron on 2/18/2014 3:08:00 PM (view original):
Suggest you both go to a different world as newbies. Slid picks team for Jr88, Jr88 picks team for Slid. Play 5 game series, best 3 of 5 wins. This will keep us all entertained for 5 seasons.
He's been running scared for four seasons while he has every advantage in the book.  What makes you think he'll step up when it's a level playing field?
2/18/2014 7:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
jrootball88 - A Formal Challenge Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.