All Forums > Hardball Dynasty Baseball > Hardball Dynasty > World Merger Information
11/1/2013 2:06 PM
"They've just acknowledged the pointlessness of posting in the forums by not doing so."

If my post was pointless, then what are you doing in this thread in the first place?
11/1/2013 2:54 PM
Reading comprehension.    ADMIN doesn't post in the forums because it's pointless.   The exchanges are senseless.   Sort of like this one.   I feel that you were acting like a nagging wife.   You think you're doing a great service to all of HBD.    There's no middle ground and neither of us is going to change our opinion.    Shoot me a sitemail when TZ responds to you and I'll check back in.
11/1/2013 3:09 PM
k
11/1/2013 3:12 PM
But they do from time to time.  Like...earlier today.  And when they do have exchanges, it doesn't need to be pointless.  Are developer chats pointless? Ignore the posts that are troll-ish and answer legit questions.  Remember when patrick was in the suggestions forum? I loved that.  I miss those days.

I don't feel like I'm doing any service.  I just asked TZ one simple question; it wasn't directed at YOU, Mike.  So who am I nagging, exactly? If anyone is being "the nagging wife" right now, it's you. There's no point to you being here in this thread, as you've admitted yourself, yet you continue to argue with me over something pointless. This thread could have died after my question if TZ didn't want to respond/didn't check back.
11/3/2013 7:44 PM

IMHO, both of you are wrong.  Burnsy should not have posted off-comment.  Mike, admin doesn't avoid posting in the forums because of actions from customers like burnsy, they don't post very often because HBD is essentially a legacy system.  They have stopped proactively trying to improve the product a long time ago.  Most of what happens now is maintenance.

12/5/2013 2:05 PM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 11/1/2013 10:53:00 AM (view original):
Dear HBD Owners,

Every now and then, we run into a situation where it takes longer to fill worlds than usual. We are always running small marketing campaigns and ramp up at certain peak times (such as after MLB World Series concludes). But there may reach a point where you, as owners, don't want to wait any longer to fill your world.

Merging multiple worlds is an option. We can merge any number of worlds into one. It takes some effort on behalf of the owners to reach a point where a merger is possible, but it happens. Today, the Joey Belle and Regulars worlds merged.

Here's what's needed to merge worlds:
  • Need exactly 32 owners of franchises willing to move from predefined set of worlds
  • Need near unanimous approval from owners in worlds considering the merge that a merger is desired
  • Need even alignment across two leagues and four divisions. This includes making sure cities are eligible for the region.
  • New commissioner to run the merger and world after merger
  • Communication with Customer Support via this commissioner
Once all of the above is met, it can take up to a week for the merger to occur as it takes dev team approximately 3 hours to complete the merger.

When worlds merge, all current information is carried over.  Players, coaches, contracts, rosters, budgets, etc. However, all historical data is lost. That's the big pill to swallow - historical data can no longer be accessed.

We wanted to toss this topic out today since a merger is fresh in our mind and because there are a few private worlds needing 10+ owners at the moment.

We'll be ramping up HBD marketing across FOX now that the World Series is over, so this may not be needed but we wanted to out it out as an option to all.

Thank you

Especially focusing on the "Once all of the above is met, it can take up to a week for the merger to occur as it takes dev team approximately 3 hours to complete the merger."

We've had a ticket in since the 16th of November, and have not even had the decency of an update of some sort. 
Sure I could understand if it took longer than a week "for the merger to occur", but it SHOULD NOT take over two and a half weeks to get at least a response from ADMIN of some sort.
12/5/2013 2:18 PM
If it makes you feel better I had a fairly active back and forth going with CS right around the same time and they have answered my last question on the ticket for almost 2 weeks..  I think somebody is gone on vacation.. 
12/5/2013 8:00 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 11/3/2013 7:44:00 PM (view original):

IMHO, both of you are wrong.  Burnsy should not have posted off-comment.  Mike, admin doesn't avoid posting in the forums because of actions from customers like burnsy, they don't post very often because HBD is essentially a legacy system.  They have stopped proactively trying to improve the product a long time ago.  Most of what happens now is maintenance.

they don't post very often because HBD is essentially a legacy system.  They have stopped proactively trying to improve the product a long time ago.  Most of what happens now is maintenance.

<<<<THIS>>>>
12/6/2013 8:39 AM
Posted by willsauve on 12/5/2013 2:18:00 PM (view original):
If it makes you feel better I had a fairly active back and forth going with CS right around the same time and they have answered my last question on the ticket for almost 2 weeks..  I think somebody is gone on vacation.. 
That may well be true. But don't they, as a customer service group, owe at least SOME sort of communication to their dwindling customer base?

"Hello, we have people on vacation, and it will be another week or so before we can get around to taking care of your merger."

That took less than 15 seconds to type...
12/6/2013 9:34 AM
They were trying to get me my DAMN SHIRT
12/6/2013 3:18 PM (edited)
As I see it this is a lot of time spent on BS that could be spent getting the mergers done. As mcchalesarmy said, it takes 15 seconds to keep a commissioner up to speed on what is going on. I am the acting commissioner for Evangeline League where 20 customers have been waiting to get their teams going again since July 15th! Never mind the three weeks we have been waiting since I submitted the ticket Nov.17th to set things in motion, these loyal and patient customers have been hanging on to their teams for 5 MONTHS! Inexcusable people. Show some f...king respect. The lip service in these forums is childish BS and should be avoided by WIS service anyway. What a pathetic waste of time. On my ticket, which should be top priority, nothing. Grapes and apples... WTF is the matter with you idiots?

These customers have put 26 seasons in HBD in this league! Work it out. At an average of 3 months per season which is generous that is 6.5 years of loyalty and contribution to this game never mind the $13,000 in revenue. Cut the crap and get the job done!
12/6/2013 3:20 PM
coudlnt agree more, wish they would respond to the merger requests.  I am in on three of the mergers (marlinsfan76)
12/6/2013 3:44 PM
Pretty apparent they just don't care..
12/6/2013 4:21 PM
The biggest reason why I have gone from owning 11 teams down to 4 - 3 very soon.
12/6/2013 4:21 PM
Why should they care....you have already PAID for these teams.  All actions they take are to bring in more money (owners),  Taking care of paid customers (mergers) is put on the backburner.
of 4
All Forums > Hardball Dynasty Baseball > Hardball Dynasty > World Merger Information

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.