ODL XLV Draft (done) Topic

The last couple of leagues I have been in have put me in the hell division. Never complained even though in many situations I narrowly missed the playoffs. I welcome the challenge.

The division I am in is filled with good owners as is this league. Banditone has essentially said " I'm going to put on my big boy pants...which one of you hardcores think you can do the same."
12/9/2013 6:25 PM
Besides the champ was picked #1 last year. Id be curious to see how the "best" 5 ranked teams did last year. Are owners even that good at picking? Seems more "rep" based, which is fair...but newbies sometimes break thru(me and TRB each won 52 games+ last season). I respect banditones stance. I think it means he will get Wilt next season but who knows.
12/9/2013 6:29 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 12/9/2013 4:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 12/9/2013 4:32:00 PM (view original):
remember back when I said drafting divisions was a bad idea and was literally the only person that voted against it?  ;)

I don't care.  On one hand, I have to face 4 of the best owners in the sim - not to mention the guy who has had my number for years! - a total of 40 times.  That's rough.  On the other hand, if I can win that division, I should be in a great position in the playoffs since they will all have to go from round 1 & I will have a bye.  I just went through a pretty hellish division in the funk52, so... bring it.

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=458619&Page=1&TopicsTimeframe=0&TopicsPage=5

several people voted against it a while back (including me)
Well if that was the vote, why the **** are we drafting divisions?  Random won...

I think there was another vote later or something.  I remember being outvoted like 8-1 on the issue at some point.

12/9/2013 6:31 PM
yeah, it was this thread.  I have no idea what happened to the first idea...
12/9/2013 6:36 PM
Bottom line..There was no consensus with only 12 owners accounted for. I would have made no rules change with only 12 owners voting. I don't know what happened, but I'm opening a thread to re-pole the league. Pls be civil, and we will reach a consensus wrt this matter. see you there.
12/9/2013 6:44 PM
meh - I'll switch with someone in the death division if it will help things. If I've learned anything from doing these division drafts, it's that the best teams are almost NEVER the ones we think they'll be, at least not exactly. IMO it's a cool idea, and rarely works out must differently from random assignments anyway - there will always be stronger divisions and weaker ones, no matter what. Just adds an extra layer of trash talk.
12/9/2013 8:33 PM
Woaaah...just caught up on all of this. :) I'm fine with my list - sorry, blue barons! BRING IT. :D
12/9/2013 9:13 PM
...but, at the same time...I'm open to changing something as well, if it will make things easier for everyone. We're all quality competitors here, so whatever works for everyone works for me.
12/9/2013 9:16 PM
NOTICE - OK, the three owners have said 'no change' to they're original list, given the 5 players bandit gave me, the divisions remain as posted. GL in ODL XLV..let the games begin.
12/9/2013 10:07 PM
Like the centrals going to be a cake walk..I harbor serious doubt about that. btw, nate your *** is mine!!! No where to hide now ! 
12/9/2013 10:13 PM
Posted by thisredbox on 12/9/2013 9:13:00 PM (view original):
Woaaah...just caught up on all of this. :) I'm fine with my list - sorry, blue barons! BRING IT. :D
"BRING IT" ???

ITS BROUGHT-ED (sp) then RedBox !!!

Don't apologize to me - apologize to your self

when I'm done with you,
you'll hate the Barons more than
Kennedy hates parades
Lincoln hates plays
skinny chicks hate mayonnaise

you'll worry more than Alfred E. Neumann
with more split ends than Einstein
have worse skin care than Frankenstein...

in other words you'll really hate me -
after that senseless ramble, I'm almost hating myself

drop and give me twenty !!!
your on double secret probation
your a dead man Neidermier, err I mean red box -
12/10/2013 9:57 AM
Posted by cmcafeeky on 12/10/2013 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by thisredbox on 12/9/2013 9:13:00 PM (view original):
"BRING IT" ???

ITS BROUGHT-ED (sp) then RedBox !!!

Don't apologize to me - apologize to your self

when I'm done with you,
you'll hate the Barons more than
Kennedy hates parades
Lincoln hates plays
skinny chicks hate mayonnaise

you'll worry more than Alfred E. Neumann
with more split ends than Einstein
have worse skin care than Frankenstein...

in other words you'll really hate me -
after that senseless ramble, I'm almost hating myself

drop and give me twenty !!!
your on double secret probation
your a dead man Neidermier, err I mean red box -
Nice Redbox you ranked me 10, so I'm a scrub??!!! Get prepared for the beatdown!! lol
12/10/2013 10:14 AM
Posted by scudmissle on 12/9/2013 5:54:00 PM (view original):

pretty sure it wasn't the nazis that bombed pearl harbor

forget it, he's rolling
12/10/2013 11:49 AM
What the **** happened to the Delta  ODL League I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night WIS League of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto go in your division Banditone, we might get in trouble our @$$ kicked." Well just kiss my @$$ from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer Ashamael, he's a DEADMAN! Marmalard dh555, DEAD! Niedermeyer ncmusic .....
12/10/2013 1:54 PM
hey cmac..don't hold back, tell us what you really think.   
12/10/2013 7:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...32|33|34|35 Next ▸
ODL XLV Draft (done) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.