On the block 2013 offseason trade targets? Topic

Posted by The Taint on 11/22/2013 9:16:00 PM (view original):
Adrian Beltre, Dan Uggla, Josh Willingham....I'll bet I could name tons.
I'll give you Beltre.  Willingham is pretty much the same player he was in his 20s, he didn't get better.  Uggla actually helps my argument; I'm not sure you want to throw him out there.
11/25/2013 9:33 AM
Doug Fister traded to the Nats. The Nats look like they will have a great rotation. Doesn't look like they gave much up either but the complete trade isn't quite yet known yet
12/2/2013 8:44 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/21/2013 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 11/21/2013 1:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/20/2013 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/20/2013 8:42:00 PM (view original):
Prince Fielder to the Rangers for Ian Kinsler.
Great deal for the Tigers.
How do you figure?  Cabrera's defense at 3rd has been below average, but not nearly as bad as I had anticipated.  It's been acceptable.  What really makes that Detroit lineup intimidating is Cabrera-Fielder-V-Mart back-to-back-to-back in the middle of the order.  In his first season in Detroit Prince OPS'ed .940; last year, in a down year, he OPS'ed .819.  Kinsler has OPS'ed .819+ exactly twice in his 8-year career.  And only in 2010 has he equalled Prince's .362 OBP from 2013.  And oh yeah - Kinsler is older, too.

If I'm a Detroit FAN, I HATE this trade.  I get why the front office would make it, and from a business perspective it may be a fair trade from which both teams benefit.  But from a purely on-field performance perspective, I don't think this helps Detroit at all.

Short term it's a lineup upgrade for the Rangers. But Fielder's contract is going to be very bad, very soon. Getting out from under most of that disaster while picking up a guy who should be worth 3ish WAR this year and who will remain useful until the end of the contract seems like a smart move to me.

Allowing Cabrera to go back to first is a side benefit along with having the money to consider extending Scherzer and maybe sign someone like Choo.
Well, ****. I was wrong.

Kinsler was worth over FIVE wins in 2014.
4/14/2015 4:55 PM
No Guff Chet.......

4/17/2015 11:14 PM
◂ Prev 12345
On the block 2013 offseason trade targets? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.