Disturbing comments from Cooperstown President. Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 11/23/2013 8:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/23/2013 7:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/23/2013 6:59:00 PM (view original):
Bagwell told me.
Oh ok. You mean there isn't any. Thanks.
If you say so.

Tell us more about how Kenny Lofton should receive HOF consideration.
Sure.

Lofton was great. Borderline candidate.
11/23/2013 11:55 PM
'Nuff said about your credibility in any baseball discussion.
11/24/2013 7:03 AM
It says a lot more about you that you think I'm saying something controversial.

Lofton is slightly below average when compared to other Hall of a Fame center fielders. He's not a "it's a travesty if he doesn't get in" guy. But he deserves consideration.

He certainly has a better case than Jack Morris.
11/24/2013 10:34 AM
Well, Kenny had his "one-and-done" shot at the HOF, dropping off the ballot when he only received 3.2% of the vote last year.

Sounds like that was more than appropriate consideration.
11/24/2013 11:15 AM
But WAR says he was a badass
11/24/2013 12:48 PM
I am so sick of the argument that "If you let so and so in then you should let so and so in." That's truly an incredibly lame excuse for someone to get in the HOF. Just because the committee has made mistakes before, you don't rectify them by watering down the HOF. Blyleven, Dawson, Rice, Sutter, etc. were all really LOUSY choices to get in the Hall. But don't let in Lee Smith or Kenny Lofton to make it look better. That's just dumb and would immensely remove some of the glory and shine of getting into the HOF in the first place.
11/24/2013 2:05 PM
Cap the population of the HOF at whatever it is right now.  If you vote somebody in, you have to vote somebody else out to make room.
11/24/2013 3:35 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 11/24/2013 2:05:00 PM (view original):
I am so sick of the argument that "If you let so and so in then you should let so and so in." That's truly an incredibly lame excuse for someone to get in the HOF. Just because the committee has made mistakes before, you don't rectify them by watering down the HOF. Blyleven, Dawson, Rice, Sutter, etc. were all really LOUSY choices to get in the Hall. But don't let in Lee Smith or Kenny Lofton to make it look better. That's just dumb and would immensely remove some of the glory and shine of getting into the HOF in the first place.
Blyleven was a great choice
11/24/2013 4:53 PM (edited)
Posted by bad_luck on 11/24/2013 4:53:00 PM (view original):
LOL.
11/24/2013 5:03 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/24/2013 4:53:00 PM (view original):
Exhibit 5,675,987 on why you have no credibility
11/24/2013 5:26 PM
Blyleven brought value to his team.   But the only time "Blyleven" and "Hall of Fame" should be mentioned in the same sentence should go like this:   "Blyleven and Lofton have no business being in a Hall of Fame discussion."
11/24/2013 5:50 PM
Back to Lee  smith for a moment, I never bought the" if so and so is in this guy should be in to".  However Gossage and Sutter got 100 more votes each year over Lee Smith, I would like these 100 writers to explain themselves....

Andre Dawson is the 2nd  greatest all around Astro turf center fielder ever.   
11/24/2013 6:13 PM (edited)

Smith was one of the first "one inning" guys.   If that's your game, you better be ridiculous, like Rivera, at it.   Smith was not. 

11/24/2013 6:25 PM
Why does someone have to get elected into the Hall every year?

It seems to me that some years there just isn't anyone worthy for election.
11/24/2013 6:39 PM
Posted by patco_1981 on 11/24/2013 6:39:00 PM (view original):
Why does someone have to get elected into the Hall every year?

It seems to me that some years there just isn't anyone worthy for election.
Yeah, but this year there are at least 10 guys who should be in and a couple more that deserve a long look.
11/24/2013 9:08 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...14 Next ▸
Disturbing comments from Cooperstown President. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.