Greatest GD Thread in the History of WIS GD Topic

Omg. I love this! We started something great!
11/27/2013 1:18 PM
Jfootball and slider are going into the gauntlet. The loser is sacrificed. 
11/27/2013 1:18 PM

When in the Course of college football simulations, it becomes necessary for one coach to dissolve the financial bands which have connected them with WIS, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all recruits are not created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable attributes, that among these are Game Instinct, Potential, and Formation IQ.--That to secure these attributes, college programs are instituted among conferences, deriving their just powers from the code of the game engine, --That whenever any Game Engine becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the Coaches to alter or to re-code it, and to institute new simulations, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its defensive formations in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their victory over SimAI. 

11/27/2013 1:30 PM
I'm with Harris.  I too am a simple man.  I can appreciate the litterary genre but prefer something more along the lines of:   Take me down to the GD city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty. 
11/27/2013 2:38 PM

Oh the prose.  You all write like CTE-riddled former RBs from Marquette that took one too many head shots after catching 25 passes, and rushing 35 times, a game for four 15-game seasons of Big East football.

PS --- My apologies to any one offended by my concussion-related post but please know my history on this particular subject.  While mainstream media and attorneys are opportunistic, johnny-come-latelys to the concussion issue and focus solely on football-related concussions, I have been an outspoken advocate for many years about a less heralded cause---concussion-related injuries caused to helmetless birds by Rovio Entertainment.  I'm coming for you Rovio.

11/27/2013 3:44 PM (edited)
Posted by harriswb3 on 11/27/2013 9:39:00 AM (view original):
I strongly suggest a human coach sacrifice.  I nominate caesari.  Surely this will placate the WIS gods and give us good fortune.

P.S.  Sorry, I'm not as literary as the above coaches...I'm just a simple man who keeps telling my wife that "I'm a highly successful college football coach".  LOL
You savage.
11/27/2013 2:56 PM
For sale: Football engine, never perfected.

-Hemingway 6 word story.
11/27/2013 2:59 PM
Posted by citizenkane on 11/27/2013 1:18:00 PM (view original):
Jfootball and slider are going into the gauntlet. The loser is sacrificed. 

Two shall enter, one shall leave.

11/27/2013 3:36 PM
WIS failed us on this game. What was the biggest gripe with 2.0?

Here is the answer:

a: Make talent matter. Did they do that - No
b: Cut out or tone down the randomness. Did they do that - No

So they came up with 3.0. Here is a novel idea, Lets not do what our customers really want, however if we "divert" their attention by "tons" of control they'll never figure out how we fooled them. I never thought I would see the football version of "New Coke". To make us feel better they started issuing rewards for being in the "top 5 Beta posters"

Anybody feel like starting a list of "colossal failures"?

3.0 has got to be in the top 2
11/27/2013 3:57 PM
Four scores and seven blown coverages ago
JConte brought forth, on this server, a new sim dedicated
To the proposition that all football programs are created equal*

Now we are engaged in a great struggle testing whether this sim,
or any sim so dedicated and conceived, can long endure.
We are met in a great forum of that struggle.
We have come together to dedicate a portion of this forum
as a final resting place of those who gave their money and brains so that this sim may live.
It is altogether caesari's fault that we are here.

But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate - we cannot consecrate - we cannot hallow this forum.
The simAI who routinely wipes the fields with our butts, has already consecrated this forum far beyond our poor power to explain why a recruit who has visited our campus 17 times sends an email wondering what the campus looks like in person.
The world will not note, nor long remember, our inability to stop the run, but the world can never forget simAI's ability to make Nick Saban look like a drunken potter444 after being launched from a catapult into a stone wall.
It is for us, the imbeciles, who couldn't stop Florida's offense with a Marine Division, who must humble ourselves before simAI who has so nobly kicked our butts.

It is for us, to be here dedicated, to the great task remaining before us - to purchase as many five season packages as we can afford and to quit whining about no reward points.
We here must resolve that we have not clicked on the ads at the new Guess Reports site in vain, that this sim, under the thumb of simAI, shall have a new birth of the engine functioning as intended, and that the supremacy of Notre Dame football in Gridiron Dynasty, by Gridiron Dynasty and for Gridiron Dynasty shall never perish from the earth.

*although Notre Dame is more equal than the others
11/27/2013 4:29 PM
“Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off - then, I account it high time to buy another season of GD as soon as I can.”
11/27/2013 4:35 PM

“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single coach in possession of a good quarterback, must be in want of wide receivers.”

Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice (1813)

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is what position I play, and what my lousy game instinct was like, and how my coaches were occupied and all before they recruited me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."

J.D Salinger: The Catcher In The Rye (1951)

“Call me oriole.”

Herman Melville: Moby-Dick (1851)

11/27/2013 4:45 PM
"None shall pass"......no wait..."None shall run"....no wait, that's not right either....
11/27/2013 4:50 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 11/27/2013 4:50:00 PM (view original):
"None shall pass"......no wait..."None shall run"....no wait, that's not right either....
I actually laughed out loud on this one!
11/27/2013 4:52 PM
(please hum American the Beautiful while reading the following)

Four scores and seven points ago our developers brought forth on this web site a new Gridiron Dynasty version, conceived in talent, and dedicated to the proposition that all running backs have amazing pass catching ability.

Now we are engaged in a great Version 3.0 debate, testing whether that Gridiron Dynasty version, or any version so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.  We are met on a great field of football. We have come to dedicate a portion of that football field, as a final resting place for those coaches (i.e. Beta testers) who gave their all that that Gridiron Dynasty version might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not give up on web based college football simulation games.The brave coaches, living and also now playing Hard Ball Dynasty, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world of sports simulation games will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what the developers did here. it is for us the still coaching, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which the coaches who adjusted depth charts, formations, playbooks and game plans have thus far so nobly advanced. it is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task of making a realistic college football simulation remaining before us - that from these honored now SIM D1A coached elites we take increased devotion to that cause for which former coaches gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here remaining coaches highly resolve that these former coaches shall not have coached in vain - that this Gridiron Dynasty, under god, shall have a new birth of realistic results - and that college football simulation game of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from this earth.

(author's note.  I seriously debated not posting this as I did not want to offend the actual meaning of the Gettysburg address.  I hope that no ones takes offense to my use of this historic and honorable speech.)

11/27/2013 4:58 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...12 Next ▸
Greatest GD Thread in the History of WIS GD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.