THE ULTIMATE GD RSG -- Winner Revealed Topic

Just note than anyone who votes in the forum also needs to send a vote to me to have their vote count.
6/17/2014 8:55 PM
Posted by dublinuf on 6/17/2014 8:55:00 PM (view original):
Just note than anyone who votes in the forum also needs to send a vote to me to have their vote count.
I told PYT he could cast my vote for me.
6/17/2014 9:14 PM
Posted by psap on 6/17/2014 9:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dublinuf on 6/17/2014 8:55:00 PM (view original):
I told PYT he could cast my vote for me.
Yeah but what he voted for is illegal in six states.
6/17/2014 9:28 PM
Posted by psap on 6/17/2014 8:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by polabonez on 6/17/2014 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by coachbug on 6/17/2014 6:17:00 PM (view original):
What was the best move you made in this game and what was the worst move you made ?
I won't know for sure until I read the letters... But if our theory was correct that Csudak was in with all the people we presumed, than I think that was probably the move that got me here. I won't take all the credit there were a few of us that were in involved but I believe horvie and I were the prime motivators of that.

I also think the idol that allowed the AR setup was pretty big. It seems forever ago but having a few "underachieving" teams set up in the amazing race might be the reason I and many of the jury are here.

Looking back I think the worst move was keeping geos on the wildpike vote Horvie and I were going to vote him out early since we hadn't even spoken to him, and Psap wanted us to keep him so he had a major alliance. Trusting Psap led to horvies downfall, which is something I would have liked to prevent because obviously we played most of the game together.
You (pola) never had the option to save wildpike.  I already was working closely with coachbug, and thus hardknox as well.  Once i swapped places with geos using my idol, horvie then proposed a 4 way alliance of himself, me, pola and geos as the assumption was that geos was my closest ally as the thought was that i was a free agent.

Once csudak pulled me down, which returned geos as the nominee, wildpike was going home which is why i played that idol in the first place.  There were indications that wildpike had been cooperating with pola earlier in the game in the idol search, and i didn't know how deep the partnership went and i didn't want to wait to find out.  So when csudak played his idol to nullify mine, that meant that for csudak to survive, geos was going to have to go home.  He didn't, so csudak's move (which was probably a neccessity anyways, sent him home next round if he or ahrens didn't win the next HOH.  So that was an easy vote to knock off wildpike with my vote, coachbug's, hardknox's, and the newly acquired partners of horvie and pola -- the only way to save wildpike was if pola and horvie were going to break that newly formed agreement right off the bat.

I sold it hard that csudak (and ahrens to a lesser degree) were playing both sides.  Horvie jumped all over that because that is what he suspected as well.  Once you (pola) vouched for me to horvie, it was a done deal.  Csudak and ahrens were painted as the risks, and csudak put himself to the head of the target line for playing his idol that nullified mine.  It was also probably the truth -- i think csudak was playing both sides.  It was also important to me to get rid of both wildpike and csudak before they reached the jury because i did not think either would ever vote for me if I made the final - which also factored in putting myself up for nomination as i knew i had enough support from the players left in the game at the time.

That was where the numbers turned for good and the point from which i controlled the game until i was eliminated.  It left ahrens, thebish, and usfbully scrambling for survival for the next few rounds.

Horvie's downfall was that he was just late to the game with me.  There were already many people in line in front of him and i was just waiting for the moment to take him out as i wanted to eliminate all of pola's allies so pola would be forced to cooperate with me without having any decision making power.  Pola won challenges but made few if any moves in the BB stage.  He was strictly a passenger and made no power moves, nor had much of an ability to do so.

I'm going to admit that I didn't read all this. Because as usual im drunk. But I caught some of it. And since Psap for some reason hates me anyways and already voted against me, I'll just say this:

I was involved more than I let off to be for your ousting. As a matter of fact, after bish and I exchanged sitemails about everything when he was HOH but being careful not to name you just in case the other was involved too much, him and I came to an agreement that no matter what I was voting you.

I also text Ahrens and tipped him off that he was coming after you... Making sure he had bish on his side and could use geos against you. And he told me he already had. Long before nominations were made.

That was my sweet revenge for horvie. And I knew I was still playing straight with Ahrens, coach, and bish. (Hadn't had a conversation with geos at this point)

You were the one who wasn't playing it straight at this point, and everybody knew it.

I was planning on bringing this up after the game. Not because I expected your vote... But because I didn't want to take anything away from Ahrens move (which was brilliantly played by the time I tipped him off)But to think that you had any control of the votes is way off.

No offense to coachbug, but we all know given the involvement of the game if I had brought him to the final with me there wouldn't have been many questions over who played better. There may have only been anti-pola votes.

I'm used to those. But Matt knows it wasn't a deal specifically that got him here... It's the fact that I love this game so much I like the challenge.

But challenging me on not being involved from start to finish..... Isn't a good argument.

I play hard. But I play for the love of this game. And if I lose to Ahrens I promise I'll be as happy as if I won.

For the game.

6/17/2014 9:55 PM
So if it was of your doing, why wouldn't you lay claim to it, rather than allow ahrens to take credit which you seem to be saying he doesn't deserve?

To me I don't really care if you trusted me, or didn't, or i trust you, or didn't.  The point of the speech to inform the players what they may not have known so that you can collect the votes that you believe you deserve.  Had you stated that, I probably would have voted for you.  I don't have it out for anyone, i'm just voting who i think played the best game and calling it as i saw it.  I also play because i really enjoy the game, and when i play everything is fair game, so being double crossed just comes with the territory.

This seems like a bit of revisionist history, the way it is coming out now.

I'd like to get coachbug's take on this for confirmation of your claims. 
I'd like the final vote to reflect what really happened in the game, so the most deserving player wins.. 
This is not a part of the game where deception or hiding the truth should be utilized. 
And i suspect you may be doing so for the next game so the real truth about your game doesn't come out to penalize you for that game.

6/17/2014 10:15 PM
Posted by psap on 6/17/2014 10:16:00 PM (view original):
So if it was of your doing, why wouldn't you lay claim to it, rather than allow ahrens to take credit which you seem to be saying he doesn't deserve?

To me I don't really care if you trusted me, or didn't, or i trust you, or didn't.  The point of the speech to inform the players what they may not have known so that you can collect the votes that you believe you deserve.  Had you stated that, I probably would have voted for you.  I don't have it out for anyone, i'm just voting who i think played the best game and calling it as i saw it.  I also play because i really enjoy the game, and when i play everything is fair game, so being double crossed just comes with the territory.

I'd like the final vote to reflect what really happened in the game, so the most deserving player wins.. 
This is not a part of the game where deception or hiding the truth should be utilized. 
And i suspect you may be doing so for the next game so the real truth about your game doesn't come out to penalize you for that game.

To be honest, it seemed like you were attacking pola. Probably wasn't your intention but it seemed like you were blatantly attacking him. Which is why he got so defensive.

And pola tipped me off, but I already knew it was coming. I don't remember every detail, but I knew I had a play once you sent me the 'geos can be sacrificed' sitemail. I knew I could use that against you. I also knew that you were aligned with most every one when you nominated me (and broke our deal) because you'd have to break one alliance. Once I got to talking to people, it turned from anti-me sentiment to holy crap PSAP promised way to much. The best part was that I got into everyone's head so quickly and at the same time that you couldn't even respond. It was extremely lucky that every one was so receptive and online at the time, but once I flipped the vote, it was game over.

I also realized that I may be combining 2 votes there. Lots of **** has happened and I can't remember it all. All Tyson did was confirm what I already knew. I didn't plan on you digging your own grave, but if was happy to throw the dirt on top of you once you laid in it.
6/17/2014 10:24 PM
Posted by ahrens on 6/17/2014 10:24:00 PM (view original):

To be honest, it seemed like you were attacking pola. Probably wasn't your intention but it seemed like you were blatantly attacking him. Which is why he got so defensive.

And pola tipped me off, but I already knew it was coming. I don't remember every detail, but I knew I had a play once you sent me the 'geos can be sacrificed' sitemail. I knew I could use that against you. I also knew that you were aligned with most every one when you nominated me (and broke our deal) because you'd have to break one alliance. Once I got to talking to people, it turned from anti-me sentiment to holy crap PSAP promised way to much. The best part was that I got into everyone's head so quickly and at the same time that you couldn't even respond. It was extremely lucky that every one was so receptive and online at the time, but once I flipped the vote, it was game over.

I also realized that I may be combining 2 votes there. Lots of **** has happened and I can't remember it all. All Tyson did was confirm what I already knew. I didn't plan on you digging your own grave, but if was happy to throw the dirt on top of you once you laid in it.
of course i was attacking him.  it was a lousy speech, and to me it didn't look like he did much in this game.
i wanted to hear more out of him but i didn't.  defensive -- yes he was.  but is he lying about who orchestrated the big move of the game, or was it you?
i think it was you (along with thebish who shared my sitemails and also double crossed me also), but i don't believe pola had much to do with it.  if he did not only do i want to hear about it, i think others should take it into consideration for their vote.

and look, its not big deal Matt, but i didn't break our deal like the way you are positioning it.
i told you before i nominating you, that i was putting you up there so horvie wouldn't get too suspicious.  i told you horvie was going home, and he went.
i didn't put you up to be eliminated, just for cover.
you were an active participant in my elimination.  that's totally different!!!  gimme a break with your rationalization.

BTW, if i didn't post all this stuff who is going to stir the &*it.?  you guys are gonna miss me when i'm gone ;)

6/17/2014 10:46 PM

Not to stir the pot, but...

"I'd like the final vote to reflect what really happened in the game, so the most deserving player wins.."

That's not how the game works.  Each jury member is allowed to use whatever criteria they decide is needed to earn their vote.  Could be who they thought "played the best game".  Could be who won the most challenges.  Could be whichever finalists name they like the most.  Could be they just flip a coin.  Doesn't really matter, it's up to the individual jury members what is important to them.

A huge (and often overlooked) part of the game, is who the players put on the jury.  And how they put them there.  Because there is no right, wrong or "most deserving" way to pick the winner.  Only the way each jury member sees it.

6/17/2014 11:27 PM
Sometimes it's not always about who wins. It's a great game. Regardless of who wins.
6/18/2014 12:10 AM
Congrats to both of you. This was my first game and it was a ton of fun.

You both have great cases to win this game. I wanted to get both of you out early on and somehow you both made it to the end.

6/18/2014 8:46 AM
Posted by psap on 6/17/2014 10:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ahrens on 6/17/2014 10:24:00 PM (view original):

of course i was attacking him.  it was a lousy speech, and to me it didn't look like he did much in this game.
i wanted to hear more out of him but i didn't.  defensive -- yes he was.  but is he lying about who orchestrated the big move of the game, or was it you?
i think it was you (along with thebish who shared my sitemails and also double crossed me also), but i don't believe pola had much to do with it.  if he did not only do i want to hear about it, i think others should take it into consideration for their vote.

and look, its not big deal Matt, but i didn't break our deal like the way you are positioning it.
i told you before i nominating you, that i was putting you up there so horvie wouldn't get too suspicious.  i told you horvie was going home, and he went.
i didn't put you up to be eliminated, just for cover.
you were an active participant in my elimination.  that's totally different!!!  gimme a break with your rationalization.

BTW, if i didn't post all this stuff who is going to stir the &*it.?  you guys are gonna miss me when i'm gone ;)

Psap, this is what came about in your offing... Bish sent this to geos, ahrens, and coachbug:

im just gonna lay it out there to you 4. psap and polabonez think they are running this game. i know psap has been pretty much talking to all of us, and i know that they have been owrking together all game pretty much

i truly think we 4 are all free agents who now need to come together. if we stand united we can make it to the final 4 and let the challenges speak for themselves.

do i have a commitment from you 4? if so then i will put up either polabonez or psap for elimination, with the premise that the other one goes next as long as they don't win hoh.

its up to you ahrens and geos, you guys will be the deciders.

. Bish (who you thought you  "controlled" his vote) was planning on taking one of us out.  I used this information to make sure I wasn't getting nominated with thebish and make sure you were the target.  After talking with ahrens, he had already showed geos your hand and had him on his side.

There is a big difference in Big Brother and Survivor.  In Survivor all you need is the numbers and control the vote.  In Big Brother... you need the numbers, but never do you want to be associated with the numbers.  "Controlling" the game is all about NOT "Controlling" the game.....  At least not enough that anybody notices.
6/18/2014 10:29 AM
I could wait on usfbully's vote, but he hasn't read any of my sitemails since last week, so, moving on:

geos voted for

polabonez

horvie voted for

polabonez

thebish voted for

polabonez

psap voted for

ahrens

coachbug voted for

polabonez

hardknox voted for

polabonez

as the first alternate csudak voted for

ahrens

But that hardly matters as polabonez wins 5-2 to become the Ultimate GD Reality Show Game Champion

From what people said in the votes, ahrens lost when he eliminated geos instead of polabonez when given the chance.

Great game guys. Thanks for playing.

6/18/2014 10:46 AM
I never thought i controlled thebish's vote nor claimed i controlled his vote.  Bish was always independent, and whatever influence i had over his vote was solely up to him and wanting to be on the right side of the votes.  We were both on the same tribe in the beginning and we both basically stayed out of each others way.

When i was HOH i nominated both Pola and Horvie with the plan to replace one of you two with either bish or ahrens.  They were the targets for elimination.

Thebish sent me a desparae sitemail saying he would do anything if he weren't named as a replacement.  And yes, he specifically said ANYTHING.

I said fine, if you don't want to be nominated then i need your word that you won't ever vote for me, nominate me, and if you reach the finals you will choose me.
Thebish agreed.  The next round thebish was all bent out of shape saying that it wasn't a fair deal because it was a one-way deal.  Duh.  That is how it was constructed.

I got sloppy.  I tried to appease thebish's protests that the deal wasn't fair, by saying, don't worry, you won't be next, i have no problem losing geos in this game.
That was way stupid of me, and thebish was smart enough to use that against me - forward it to ahrens, and ahrens easily flipped geos against me also.
Doesn't change the fact that i took actions to save geos, thebish, and ahrens all from elimination and all 3 ended up turning on me.
Yah, its better to lay low, not say much, but that's the style in which i like to play.  Live by the sword, die by the sword.
6/18/2014 11:14 AM
Thanks guys for the votes.  Thanks to ahrens ... Always good to work with you....  and pretty much everybody on the jury.. and even csudak...  Somehow or another every one of you ended up playing a role in getting me to the finals....

Sorry to horvie I couldn't prevent your exit... I tried to get us there....

And a BIG thanks to dubs, redraider, and steve again..... Long... Long.... Game....  And I know how much a pain in the *** a 2 or 3 month Survivor game is... so I got a good idea how this one is.

I know I don't get 1,000,000 for this... but I'm going to get drunk and celebrate tonight anyways.  And I promise to have a beer and a jagr for all 39 people in the game.  Looking forward to another one.

Dubs... Where's the recap and letters from home?  There has to be some good stuff there.... Always fun to read, although I'm sure after the length of the game I wouldn't have them still.....

Thanks again guys... I had a great time, as usual.

6/18/2014 12:07 PM
I will get some of them. Steve kept more of that stuff. If he wants to post some he can.
6/18/2014 12:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...127|128|129|130|131 Next ▸
THE ULTIMATE GD RSG -- Winner Revealed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.