THE ULTIMATE GD RSG -- Winner Revealed Topic

Winter Olympics will be half of the Detour. They were half of the last one and one person chose it. They were the Roadblock before the last Detour.
2/14/2014 6:14 AM
Posted by dublinuf on 2/13/2014 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Roadblock #4

ESPORTS are good for your soul!

All 8 North American Pro League of Legends teams have two matches this weekend.

Cloud 9, Team Solo Mid, Counter Logic Gaming, XDG, Curse, Dignitas, Evil Geniuses and Coast

You may pick any of the five players from any of the eight teams and predict what their total CS will be over two games.

http://lol.gamepedia.com/Riot_League_Championship_Series/North_America/2014_Season/Spring_Round_Robin

www.lolesports.com

You will receive 1 second of time for each second you are off.

As an added bonus, if any of you are within 50 CS of your prediction, this will be the last LOL challenge unless the first place team asks to have another.

Due by 2 p.m. Saturday EST

To be clear, you are picking just one pro and predicting their two-game CS.

What the hell does CS stand for?
2/14/2014 8:02 AM
It stands for Creep Score, but it is the amount of little NPC minions that a player kills, and the more consistently you do so, the more money you can make from it, giving you an advantage in the game.

I cannot access any LOL site from work, but I will give a link to something displaying it when I get home.

2/14/2014 8:06 AM
After the advanced search of typing CS and League of Legends into the google search bar at the top of my screen, I pulled this site with a more complete description:

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Farming

2/14/2014 8:45 AM
As an added bonus, if any of you are within 50 CS of your prediction, this will be the last LOL challenge unless the first place team asks to have another.

I sure hope our team finishes in first and within 50 just so we can have another of these challenges (super heavy sarcasm)

2/14/2014 11:46 AM
Sarcasm noted, but I stated the Caveat because if pola gave me an ice fishing challenge in Survivor and I realized that I figured out the sport I didnt care about and no one else bothered to, I would want that to come up again and again regardless of my lack of care of ice fishing.
2/14/2014 11:48 AM
Posted by dublinuf on 2/14/2014 11:48:00 AM (view original):
Sarcasm noted, but I stated the Caveat because if pola gave me an ice fishing challenge in Survivor and I realized that I figured out the sport I didnt care about and no one else bothered to, I would want that to come up again and again regardless of my lack of care of ice fishing.
Poor reason to put this stupid challenge in this game.
2/14/2014 12:51 PM
Posted by dublinuf on 2/13/2014 11:00:00 PM (view original):
It was my reward for shlog and osgonlz
Haha! Definitely a consolation.
2/14/2014 1:18 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 2/14/2014 12:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dublinuf on 2/14/2014 11:48:00 AM (view original):
Poor reason to put this stupid challenge in this game.
A) I disagree with you on it being stupid
B) The above is not a reason for putting this challenge in this game, it was the reason for giving the caveat that the winner of the challenge could decide if we are doing any more of them.

2/14/2014 1:27 PM
Sorry Dubs, but these challenges have been a disappointment for a while.  Alliances are on hold since the Survivor portion ended.  No Idols to be found.  The challenges is what is left, and the momentum in this game has really vanished because they are so weak.  Sorry to be critical - just being honest.  I will host very soon if not next just so i'm not seen as a total hypocrite.  Horvie and GHutton really killed it with the creative challenges they did -- wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to re-run some of those.
2/14/2014 2:21 PM
Posted by psap on 2/14/2014 2:21:00 PM (view original):
Sorry Dubs, but these challenges have been a disappointment for a while.  Alliances are on hold since the Survivor portion ended.  No Idols to be found.  The challenges is what is left, and the momentum in this game has really vanished because they are so weak.  Sorry to be critical - just being honest.  I will host very soon if not next just so i'm not seen as a total hypocrite.  Horvie and GHutton really killed it with the creative challenges they did -- wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to re-run some of those.
I don't think you have ever tried to run an Amazing Race section, but working together three components that you can dictate times to that aren't completely unbalanced is not as easy as a Survivor challenge. You want to compare my Survivor Challenges to Horvie and Ghutton's then go ahead. But if you are going to compare the Amazing Race challenges to the Survivor challenges, then it's not the same.

I would put many of the challenges in this game up against others creatively. I especially like the speed skating challenge with the multiple in it as far as recent challenges. And I do think the pro basketball challenge based on where they went to college took a lot.

I will say that the current challenge may be a bit on the easy side as far as challenges go, but that is to set up for the Detours. Anyone who screws up this particular LOL challenge does so because they don't care about competing by doing the research.

If that's you, then fine. But I have played this game multiple times, and I have put more than 10 hours researching things I didn't care about at times to win challenges, especially in the Final 3 of the last Survivor.

So far, I have spent over 50 hours designing, running and scoring this. I am even going to have a soccer challenge this week that you requested multiple times, even though I don't care about soccer and didn't have to do that.

I do care about Professional League of Legends, so if in the course of a game that is as massive as this one, have a spare challenge to give press to something that more people on the planet watch on a weekly basis than any sport that is currently going on in the Winter Olympics aside from maybe Figure Skating is not an overwhelming inconvenience as you seem to want to make it.

If you believe the challenges are weak, then quit. I was 20 minutes late to dinner scoring one yesterday that had a ton of different options, so I am sure my wife wouldn't mind if I didn't have to design and run them.

2/14/2014 2:56 PM
If i don't like it and I want to quit i will.  But I like playing and i will continue to do so.

I know it takes a lot of time to run a game, and I know a lot of work and effort goes into putting these together -- and since i have enjoyed them so much i will do the same by hosting as well very soon.  How soon?  As soon as i am not commuting back and forth from Florida to NYC every week for work (sometime after June).

And yeh i think the challenges are weak.  So what?  That's what i think.  
And of course I put a lot of my time into this game like many others do -- into researching the challenges, solving Idols and playing the game.
That is precisely the exact reason why it is a disappointment regarding the challenges -- because they are weak and furthermore LOL is flat out ridiculous.

When I host you can criticize me as much as you want as you won't see me cry or whine about it.  
And I will put in at least as much time as you have, but my challenges won't be so lame.

BTW, eff soccer, don't bother because you'd probably screw up THE absolute best competition on the face of the planet.  The Champions League.
But keep on feeding us this LOL sh*t.  As you can see everyone just effing loves it !!!   Its not just your time, its ours also.

and oh yeh, i'm the a**hole here, i know, but i don't give a cr*p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAvVe92mi5k
2/14/2014 4:43 PM (edited)
i'm ready to pick up my 2nd Hardball Dynasty team.  Anyone have a league in need of an as*hole?
2/14/2014 4:48 PM
Posted by dublinuf on 2/14/2014 2:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by psap on 2/14/2014 2:21:00 PM (view original):
I don't think you have ever tried to run an Amazing Race section, but working together three components that you can dictate times to that aren't completely unbalanced is not as easy as a Survivor challenge. You want to compare my Survivor Challenges to Horvie and Ghutton's then go ahead. But if you are going to compare the Amazing Race challenges to the Survivor challenges, then it's not the same.

I would put many of the challenges in this game up against others creatively. I especially like the speed skating challenge with the multiple in it as far as recent challenges. And I do think the pro basketball challenge based on where they went to college took a lot.

I will say that the current challenge may be a bit on the easy side as far as challenges go, but that is to set up for the Detours. Anyone who screws up this particular LOL challenge does so because they don't care about competing by doing the research.

If that's you, then fine. But I have played this game multiple times, and I have put more than 10 hours researching things I didn't care about at times to win challenges, especially in the Final 3 of the last Survivor.

So far, I have spent over 50 hours designing, running and scoring this. I am even going to have a soccer challenge this week that you requested multiple times, even though I don't care about soccer and didn't have to do that.

I do care about Professional League of Legends, so if in the course of a game that is as massive as this one, have a spare challenge to give press to something that more people on the planet watch on a weekly basis than any sport that is currently going on in the Winter Olympics aside from maybe Figure Skating is not an overwhelming inconvenience as you seem to want to make it.

If you believe the challenges are weak, then quit. I was 20 minutes late to dinner scoring one yesterday that had a ton of different options, so I am sure my wife wouldn't mind if I didn't have to design and run them.

Personally, I don't care what the challenges are.  It's my team against the field and whatever he throws at it we try to figure the safest bet... Hell, as someone pointed out...  Osgonlz could have thrown 5 dead NBA Players on the last challenge and ended up with only 5 points different from their score.

The key is just not to botch it.  

Having run Survivor multiple times trust me you have to put a lot of thought into the challenges themselves... mostly the ways that people are going to try to gain an advantage and make sure there are no "loopholes".  I've been watching these challenges dubs has put up and I've never ran an AR, but I can tell just by the design of them that they are intended to give everyone a chance after the first leg, otherwise it renders the second leg useless.

If you botch the first leg (in some cases by picks not being submitted) you have a hell of a chance at the second.

I think it's being ran great.  I'm not just saying that because dubs and I are known to be close on this site.. I'm saying it because nobody else has and I think it needs to be said.
2/14/2014 5:06 PM
And if it's an ice fishing challenge next... And I hate fishing as much as I hate ice....  I'm going to get some knowledge into who the best ice fishermen are in on the planet...   Same with NBA...  I haven't watched the NBA since the GOTA retired.....  but I look into it because the stats are available to everyone.  

I'd prefer a NFL gambling challenge every single time....  But I know signing up for this game that isn't going to happen.

Hell, one Survivor I had a Paper Rock Scissors challenge against all the guys who were left in the final 10 or 11. ...  Because that was what was going on in Vegas at the time..

It's not the challenges themselves that matter.  It's just the work and research you have to put in to get the edge (see: wiki: Downfall of Challenge Accepted)
2/14/2014 5:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...72|73|74|75|76...131 Next ▸
THE ULTIMATE GD RSG -- Winner Revealed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.