Next: We don't keep score.... Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I think you're overreacting.
12/12/2013 2:52 PM
Much like how the NFL is turinging into the Flag Football League, now MLB has taken the first step towards Major League T-Ball.

The seventh inning stretch will soon be replaced by juice boxes and a short naptime.
12/12/2013 2:55 PM
Catchers have a great weapon that can prevent them from getting hit.   Don't be in the baseline. 

They could choose to not wear catcher's gear but there will still be foul tips.  They could choose to not wear helmets but pitches will still get away.   Etc, etc,

Idiot.
12/12/2013 3:17 PM
Why does there need to be collisions at home? I'd prefer not to lose my $100 million dollar catcher to a broken ankle, thanks.
12/12/2013 3:28 PM
Maybe tell him not to block the baseline?   You can tag a guy from about 3 feet away.  Just a thought.
12/12/2013 3:29 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/12/2013 3:28:00 PM (view original):
Why does there need to be collisions at home? I'd prefer not to lose my $100 million dollar catcher to a broken ankle, thanks.
Might as well tell your outfielders not to try to catch fly balls that reach the warning track because they could crash into the wall and get a boo-boo.

And God knows, we don't ever want to see a hard slide into second to try to break up a double play.  More boo-boos.

Let's put an L-screen in front of the pitcher's mounds to protect them from line drives.
12/12/2013 3:34 PM
Call obstruction on catchers who block the plate, and call interference on runners who intentionally collide maliciously with a catcher trying to field a ball.  Just like any other base.
12/12/2013 3:36 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

The pitcher's screen makes perfect sense.    What's more dangerous?   Wearing gear and having someone run into you or taking a baseball off the face?

Minor disruption of the nature of the game.

Dumbass. 

12/12/2013 3:40 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/12/2013 3:28:00 PM (view original):

This is exactly it. Same with in the NFL. They need to just say "we want to protect our investments" instead of hiding behind this player safety BS. Do you think owners care if a guy making $500K gets concussed or breaks a leg? No.

Collisions are a part of the game. As Mike said, it's a choice. You either clear out and let the guy score or you hang in there and put your body on the line to try and save the run. How many guys get injured at 2B? Runners take knees to the head and get concussed, 2B have their legs taken out, etc. Not to mention collisions are still "legal" at every other base, unless they're going to address that too. The runner has a right to the baseline and as such, the right to clear out anyone in his way.

This is a retarded rule.

12/12/2013 3:40 PM
The future of MLB:

It's much safer for the pitchers.
12/12/2013 3:44 PM
The problem I have with all of this is how much money these guys make. They have the choice of working a menial job for $50-100K per year, but they choose a job with risks where they can make millions. It's a fair trade off. Most guys would happily stand on home plate and let a guy concuss them for $1M.
12/12/2013 3:49 PM
The new MLB baseball:

12/12/2013 3:53 PM

Future major league prospects in training:

12/12/2013 3:59 PM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
Next: We don't keep score.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.