Removing "Promised Starts" from Recruiting Topic

Posted by glaity on 12/12/2013 8:38:00 PM (view original):
If they do. Will at least need to keep.promised % playing time.
Expand it to % playing time up to Jr year.
Offer 30% freshman year.
45% Soph.
50% junior year.
Each year ascending playing time.
Or something like that.
I don't know if I like it going all the way to a players Jr. year.  I wonder in real life if that's a recruiting pitch they use.  "Ill guarantee you 50% playing time when you become a junior.'  Although I don't guess the game has to mimic real life but that being said it is a simulation.  I think guaranteeing  being a starter should be a big recruiting selling point but what counts as start should be the majority of the playing time. 
12/13/2013 6:51 PM
bump.....

I raised this issue 5 months ago after it came out in the dev chat.  Poll shows what we all seem to think....but not taken into account by developers.
5/19/2014 8:17 AM
Posted by noah23 on 12/13/2013 12:51:00 PM (view original):
Does anyone actually know the equivalent of what a promised start has been worth compared to a CV?
A campus visit seems to be worth about the same as a promised frosh start from my experience.
5/19/2014 8:40 AM
Posted by ddingo on 5/19/2014 8:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by noah23 on 12/13/2013 12:51:00 PM (view original):
Does anyone actually know the equivalent of what a promised start has been worth compared to a CV?
A campus visit seems to be worth about the same as a promised frosh start from my experience.
I'm not sure that is the case anymore.  Typically I could get a Kicker for 75%, +Promised Freshman start and between 1 -3 CVs.   My Hayes 1AA Maine team (winner of 4 out of 5 NCs and the last two) with great vision, it has cost me 15K and I am still only Yellow against a sim team.  Clearly something has changed.
5/19/2014 10:24 AM
I think a promised start had some unique value and made a difference when rebuilding and recruiting against SIMs. I always thought those promises helped offset reduced recruiting vision in the first 2-3 seasons.
5/19/2014 1:08 PM
If they removed promised starts but added the ability to promise PT as a frosh and also a sophomore, then the change would probably not be significant.
5/19/2014 1:10 PM
◂ Prev 12
Removing "Promised Starts" from Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.