Posted by a_in_the_b on 1/12/2014 12:39:00 PM (view original):
I dont recall saying anything about your coaching ability?
That was in response to what fdny said...people can publicly judge me as they feel necessary, I don't mind.
1/12/2014 2:05 PM
i took over a team with an A prestige and basically gutted it suffering two seasons of terribleness. http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=12682 

now in my 3rd season the dividends are finally going to pay off; (1) we are undefeated through the CT championship game; (2)  we were conference champions; (3) we will be making the NT regardless of whether we win the CT; (4) we will finish with one of the best (if not the best) rpi's in school history; (5) one more win and we will tie the most wins in school history; etc., etc. etc. and with only one senior (who doesn't play) graduating, we're poised for even better results next season.

other than taking this opportunity to humblebrag, my point is that i took over from a good coach who did a great job with a school that he was at 38 seasons and he may have been ****** that i benched the players he recruited and right off the bat had two non-post season finishes. but i used the A prestige to recruit guys that fit my coaching style and it doesn't matter a flying $@#! what the prior coach did or thinks about it. if he reached out to me to discuss the changes, offer his direction, etc. i would have been happy to engage him. and i get that we are emotionally vested in some teams (though after only two seasons, one might call you a bit clingy), but the incoming coaches have to be left to their own devices because whatever they are doing may not work for you...but they can certainly work for them.
1/16/2014 10:42 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.