By proxy: tomhanrahan selects Pittsburgh Steelers Defense

tomhanrahan
To:
coolmay_one
Received:
2/8/2014 1:48:00 PM
Subject:
proxy picks for tom, round 1
If I am up, any of you please post my pick if I don't jump in quickly. 

Steelers defense
2/8/2014 5:15 PM
It's CURTAINS for y'all
2/8/2014 5:15 PM
Looks like we have a run on defense

1.  pyt100:   Peyton Manning, QB
 2.  glen87 (1st):  Jim Brown, RB
 3.  coolmay_one:  Eric Dickerson, RB
 4.  tonyvoss:  Aaron Rodgers, QB
 5.  soecsman:  Drew Brees, QB
 6,  rejay:  Barry Sanders, RB
 7,  grayfoxx:  Otto Graham, QB
 8,  tyvegas:  Tom Brady, QB
 9,  Got_worms:  OJ Simpson, RB
1o,  pg99:  Earl Campbell, RB
11,  keymaster:  Joe Montana. QB
12.  mark102857:  LaDanian Tomlinson, RB
13,  amerk1180:  Adrian Peterson, RB
14,  kacyon:  Walter Peyton, RB
15  isacqbs58:  San Diego Charger D

Monday, Feb 10th
16,  9:00 whatifle:  Minnesota Vikings D
17,  9:30 tomhanrahan:  Pittsburgh Steelers D
18. 10:00  eman283
19.  10:30 roadhouse19
20,  11:00 tarhell1991
21.  11:30 gwhouse
22   12 noon johnberlin
23  12:30 gencoimports
24,  1:00 jjohn45
2/8/2014 5:26 PM
Thanks jjohn45,  Yeah this is definitely a challenge.  I'm just hoping that everyone gets on the same page quickly and everything will run smoothly from here on out.

By the way, just so everyone knows, I am legally blind and often type  in the dark, so if there are any typo's that anyone feels the need to correct, please don't feel bad about pointing them out to me.
2/8/2014 5:45 PM
for anyone sitemailing me - my username is actually tarheel1991 (easy typo to make)
2/8/2014 7:35 PM
Kick back and relax folks...this could be another prolonged wait.  eman283 has not opened e mails sent for this league as far back as 2/5

Guys, PLEASE open your sitemails.  You need to keep up with what is going on with this draft as well as know when you are supposed to pick on the clock.  Not doing so not only hurts you in the on the clock portion, but is a disservice to everyone else by slowing down the draft. 

I'm not furious now because we are off the clock and also ahead of the Monday scdedule, but it does slow down the momentum we had going today.
2/8/2014 11:14 PM
I'll take Calvin Johnson.  If eman283 takes Megatron, then I'll take  Crazy Legs Hirsch.
2/8/2014 11:54 PM (edited)
Posted by amerk1180 on 2/8/2014 11:14:00 PM (view original):
Kick back and relax folks...this could be another prolonged wait.  eman283 has not opened e mails sent for this league as far back as 2/5

Guys, PLEASE open your sitemails.  You need to keep up with what is going on with this draft as well as know when you are supposed to pick on the clock.  Not doing so not only hurts you in the on the clock portion, but is a disservice to everyone else by slowing down the draft. 

I'm not furious now because we are off the clock and also ahead of the Monday scdedule, but it does slow down the momentum we had going today.
That's lame amerk1180.  No excuse in the digital age!
2/9/2014 12:30 AM
Most likely you are correct worms.  But I can't just slam the guy without knowing.  It's hard to know when you start something like this how many people aren't really serious about being in a draft league is, or if they have been in one before or not.  Or how often they check their sitemails.  All I can do is stress to everyone else that everyone in the league is depending on each of you that you will take it seriously and try to be somewhat vigilent about following the goings on.

If anyone who signed up doesn't feel they can be that way, it is probably better to let us know and we can replace you.  If it is just a fluke thing, or you have been out of town at a wedding or whatever, we understand, but from now on, you need to open sitemails, check the thread on smartphones, and send proxies in those situations. What more can I do?
2/9/2014 4:17 AM
Another problem with sending out a sitemail with an on the clock draft schedule early like it did is that it can cause situations like this.  eman sees a sitemail that says he isn't picking until Monday at ten in the morning.  You can't really fault the guy in that case.  Some people like to go "off the grid" still every now and then.  

Some of you want a schedule with 24 hours notice, but in a case like this, you gotta take the good with the bad.  It sucks but technically none of us can get up his a@@ until 10:30 on Monday morning.  Lets hope that doesn't happen, but if it does, I'll give him a pass
2/9/2014 4:26 AM
As soon as eman drafts, I'd take the date and time indicators off and encourage everyone to draft as soon as they're up next.
2/9/2014 8:37 AM
Bears defense, please
2/9/2014 8:44 AM
ok that means that roadhouse takes Calvin Johnson.

tarheel is up
2/9/2014 8:46 AM
I checked the forum a late Friday night and there were tons of people ahead of me and my time wasn't until Monday. I was away from my computer, it was Saturday. I don't even want to open all the sitemails I got yesterday, judging by the subject lines I think everyone needs to take a breath and chill out.
2/9/2014 8:54 AM
Philadelphia Eagles D
2/9/2014 9:03 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...34 Next ▸
NFL DRAFT LEAGUE (off the clock drafting) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.