DH52 Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

Happy New Year peoples
1/1/2014 2:51 AM
Posted by scudmissle on 1/1/2014 3:08:00 AM (view original):
badja... just like the sim... your sample size is MUCH too small. you base your logic on 7 seasons out of 40 something. too many variables to consider to put all your eggs in one basket... draft slots. haha. you're jumping to conclusions based on a current trend. trends come and go in various ways... yet one constant remains, the talent pool grows exponentially season by season.
When the talent pool grows, the top 10 actually reaps the benefits because they can get even more talent to put around their unique players than before.  

The sample size is fine because you can't take all 40 seasons and go by that when the sim has totally changed several times.  After the most recent change, the effects are very clear, mainly because defensive rating was taken away from a certain group of players.

1/1/2014 10:45 AM
i can take 40+ seasons, regardless of sim changes or not, haha... you draft accordingly.

i remember when you were struggling to put competitive teams on the floor in the past even with top ten draft choices. a top-10 is great to have, but does not guarantee a ring.

i guess you forget owners like: ash, uva, felonius, vancem, eleibowitz, ncmusician, nate, dh, tar, etc... etc... who have won in this league without a top-10. like i said, it's just a trend right now.

1/1/2014 12:56 PM
Posted by slymonium on 12/31/2013 11:35:00 PM (view original):
Steelers- have you ever made the playoffs?
Ya once in 3 seasons
1/1/2014 1:43 PM
Posted by felonius on 12/31/2013 11:56:00 PM (view original):
steelers high usage high efg is pretty common - 48 creb at SF100% is unique
I just think high efh USG and an elite defender with viable other Stats will set you up in draft leagues better than rodman who only gives elite boards and def at a position thats value is in the late rounds.
1/1/2014 1:57 PM
steelers- by all means, please continue with your strategy.
1/1/2014 9:20 PM
My 4 faves so far:
1. tarheel1991- Wilt, Payton, B. Barry (Wilt).
2. felonius- Howard, Walton, Drexler (rebounds, defense, rebounds.  Could be a division winner, unless you end up in tarheel's division).
3. mikee1- C. Paul, Camby, Mourning (efficient scoring, assists, defense.  Mourning will foul out more often than you like and could be a better rebounder, but I like the squad).
4. malone9975- LeBron, Chandler, Amare (This is by far the most efficient scoring team in the league so far.  I like the Chandler and Amare pairing in the paint and they fit well with LeBron.  Amare will foul out too often as I've found out a couple of times, but he'll get his points in the process). 

Close runners up:
1. badja- Karl, Donyell, Penny
2. vancem- Magic, McHale
3. myself- Robinson, Billups, Serge

My 4 least faves so far (sorry boys):
1. banditone- Bird, Barros, Connie (Barros?  You could have got him in the 6th if you wanted him that bad.  Followed by Connie?  He wasn't even drafted last year.  On track for 25 wins, max).
2. thomcat- Gilmore, Ewing, Frazier (Ewing after Artis?  It's likely not a bad combo, but I wouldn't have gone that direction.  This team could surprise me and win 35 games).
3. iccoachb- Jordan, Love, Curry (Love went in the 4th last year.  Could have picked up someone else in the 2nd that would have complimented Jordan better.  Curry in the 3rd is where he likely belongs; but I don't like him on your squad.  Now you have 16 usg points already and a terrible defender in the post).
4. maglor1- Rodman, Nance (Why oh why did you take Nance?  You already had a SF.  You'll probably field a decent squad, but I feel you wasted a pick on Nance).
1/1/2014 9:55 PM
This is what I'm thinking my team will look like for now.  But depending on who's available in the 5th round this could change.  Having two real good seasons from Marion and Duncan gives great flexibility but also is a big headache lol

Name Team Pos Usage% 2pt%# 3pt%# eFG% OReb% DReb% Ast% Stl% Blk% D
Eddie Jones 97-98 Lakers SG 19.5 53.9 38.9 55.5 3.4 7.8 10.7 2.4 1.1 84
Shawn Marion 05-06 Suns PF 22.3 57.6 32.9 56 8.1 22.2 5.1 2.1 2.3 78
Tim Duncan 06-07 Spurs C 28.4 54.8 11 54.7 9.4 25.8 13.3 1.2 4.3 90
Tom Boerwinkle 70-71 Bulls C 16.7 50.3 34.2 50.1 12.7 32.1 19.1 1.8 3.8 62

1/2/2014 9:51 AM
I love the start.  You look a little light on FTAs, but you're looking strong on the boards (notwithstanding Boerwinkle's light minutes) and your scorers are reasonably efficient.  A point guard to fit this bunch shouldn't be hard to find in the fifth round.
1/2/2014 10:18 AM
Posted by scudmissle on 1/1/2014 12:56:00 PM (view original):
i can take 40+ seasons, regardless of sim changes or not, haha... you draft accordingly.

i remember when you were struggling to put competitive teams on the floor in the past even with top ten draft choices. a top-10 is great to have, but does not guarantee a ring.

i guess you forget owners like: ash, uva, felonius, vancem, eleibowitz, ncmusician, nate, dh, tar, etc... etc... who have won in this league without a top-10. like i said, it's just a trend right now.

whatever...

and if you were getting personal there, well you were not even close to being correct.  I went to the finals in my first ODL and won my division in my first 52.  I have never fielded a non-competitive team in a draft league so you don't know what you are talking about.  

Again I am not talking about the past, i am talking about the sim with recent changes. 

1/2/2014 10:41 AM (edited)
I recently went to the finals with a team drafted in the bottom half of the draw
1/2/2014 10:55 AM (edited)
Yes, but getting there winning it can be a vast difference. 

My gripe here is that we should all get a chance at the top picks by using a 24 team lottery.  Tired of seeing the top picks wasted by ppl that don't know what they are doing while I constantly end up in the 15-20 range....
1/2/2014 11:04 AM
I haven't seen the top 10 in like 5 years and still regularly make the play-offs and that's with seble sabotaging my team
1/2/2014 11:13 AM
sometime in the future...

... "my gripe here is that DH shouldn't be doing a 24 team lottery. Tired of seeing the top picks wasted on the best owners that know what they're doing while i constantly end up in the 15-20 range.

fixed that for ya

btw, "recent" changes? i think those happened before your sample size of 7 seasons
1/2/2014 12:49 PM
"I have never fielded a non-competitive team in a draft league..."

so, what is it, badja? you're ****** about top picks being wasted, or ****** about being 15-20th?
1/2/2014 12:58 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...13 Next ▸
DH52 Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.