2013-14 Player Watch Topic

some newly important seasons:

KD... awesome year from a stats perspective.. only thing is, from a sim perspective, i don't like guys who rely on free throw's, but the appeal is undeniable
LeBron........lot of the same positives from last year
kevin love... that defense is a killer, but he can pretty much make your offense. tremendous boards, threes, free throws at six point usage
carmelo.... 8 point usage with an eFG at 50 and solid boards, decent assists too
DeAndre jordan... wow is all i can say... and his biggest negative, ft shooting, is in part negated by the lack of free throw attempts in the sim. he's a tremendous value, and he'll be someone i target going forward
Blake... his rookie year might be better in the sim, but this is also a usable season with a little bit better D. 6 pt usage
Curry and Harden.. lots of three's, excellent usage, good eFG, not a defensive liability... lots to like. i like curry's value better because he doesn't rely as much on free throws, which are hard to come by in the sim
Drummond... what a monster. just retweet everything i said about deandre jordan, except the D isn't as good here
Noah... More than 21% assist as a center? reminds me of a certain former Bull. Solid boards, and the D increase to 90/100 from awards will come, assuming he beats out hibbert (and i'm guessing he will)
Serge ibaka... excellent D, 99% at sf
Anthony Davis... wow this kid is a monster... still, not sure how the sim logic determines that a 6 foot 11 inch shot blocking terror who averages 10 rebounds a game and is the tallest player in the pelican's best lineups is not a 100% at center.  makes up for it tho by giving him a 99% at sf (!)
Dirk... (I believe) he falls just short of 6-pt tier usage.. which is a shame because he has a damn good year
Lowry... a sneaky good year from lowry (4 pt usage, 51%eFG, 27% assist). still i wonder how his D doesn't rate as better
Batum... an excellent complementary player in a number of ways
Al Jefferson... His season is pretty damn good when you look at it
Dwight Howard... not among his best seasons but pretty good overall
Lillard... them three's with some usage, that's about it
Gortat.. a usable season to be sure
Cousins... I'm interested to see how a team built around him would fare in the competitive sim leagues
Kawhi... wow
Dragic... can absoultely start in an open draft league with the right teammates
Rudy Gay... specifally, his half-season with the kings is a nice backup year

miscellaenous others... worth a look

Brandan Wright... a typical Wright sim season
Mason Plumlee... wait what?
Chris Andersen
Prigioni
Korver
Biyombo
Tyson Chandler
Horford
Dalembert
Pattty Mills
Danny Green
Boris Diaw
Wade
Jordan HIll

special shout out to the sim for killing an other-wise excellent lance stephenson season by giving him awful defense numbers

4/18/2014 1:36 PM (edited)
I knew Deandre had a very good season coming, but he's actually more expensive than I thought he would be with such low usage.

Love Kawhi Leonard, both as a player and the SIM season he just added. Can't wait for this guy to get 2500 minutes in an NBA season. I think his role in the Spurs' offense will keep increasing, and he could be a top 5-7 SF in the NBA (and SF is loaded right now).

4/18/2014 3:09 PM
Also, check out the beastly 330 minutes from Cole Aldrich!
4/18/2014 3:10 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 4/6/2014 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 4/3/2014 7:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by smokey57 on 4/3/2014 12:26:00 AM (view original):
Don't know if Blake Griffin been mentioned, but a solid season is coming..~28.9%use @ 53.2%efg w/70% from the stripe, shoots 24ppg. Has a reasonable tov & pf rate, and should go close to 80 def...def70+ anyway. He's starting to get beastly!!!
I'd be surprised if his defense is above 60.  The only way this season will be noticeably better than his others is if he remains a tier 2 usage player and is 99+% at SF.
that's cuz the jackass's in admin don't know **** about BB.
Why do you think Blake deserves anything close to 70-80 defense? He's not a very good defensive player. He doesn't block shots and isn't a particularly great positional defender (observationally). He also never guards the best opposing post player because he plays next to a top-4 defensive center in the NBA. I just don't see why he'd have much higher defense than he does now.
4/18/2014 3:14 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 4/18/2014 3:10:00 PM (view original):
Also, check out the beastly 330 minutes from Cole Aldrich!
wow..hes gonna be on every single 52m team...move over nick fazekas
4/18/2014 3:34 PM
andrew bogut has a 72d to go along with his 10/28 and 63% shooting
4/18/2014 3:37 PM
lance stephenson's amazing seasons was ruined by the 36 def
4/18/2014 4:46 PM
Ariza does a very nice Nick Anderson impression this season.  Put him next to Wade or Payton to hide his D.
4/19/2014 2:00 PM
1900min 13-14 Leonard + 1900min 05-06 Gerald Wallace = 46mpg of SG murder for under 10mil
4/19/2014 3:20 PM
Posted by felonius on 4/19/2014 3:20:00 PM (view original):
1900min 13-14 Leonard + 1900min 05-06 Gerald Wallace = 46mpg of SG murder for under 10mil
And then put 13-14 Antony Davis at SF with 11-12 Serge Ibaka backing him up.  With Anthony Davis playing additional 8 minutes at PF.  That would be a brutal as well, cost is 12.2M but maybe well worth it

4/19/2014 4:55 PM
Some great additions to the player season pool.  Thinking of the dh52 league, I'd say DeAndre just took Tyson Chandler's place, pushing Tyson further down in the 2nd round if not into the third.  Steph Curry goes from being a stretch in the 2nd round to a legitimate fixture there (28 ast%, high usg%, and a billion 3s on good efg%).  And finally a Carmelo season that might actually be usable, at least in the EOL.
4/21/2014 11:32 AM
Anthony Davis is almost a 33% better defender than Bill Russell.

So is Kawhine Leonard.

Yes.

Holy **** at Durant (though not unexpected).  Better in every way that maters except for a smidge on the defensive end than last season... and cheaper.

Dandre, welcome to the 2nd round of the ODL.  Enjoy your permanent stay.

Drummond with 55 defense? 

Cole Aldrich goes beastmode for 4 minutes a game.

Bogut is excellent.

Steph Curry is fantastic, as expected.

The 13-14 Lebron is not a better overall sim season than the 12-13 one, but damn, it's close.  Higher usage & higher efg% (and higher tov%) with lower reb% & ast%... the two together are going to be a lot of fun in OLs.

I like that cp3 partial season... pair it with Magic's 1300 minute season or Jameer's (in salary crunch) for lots of goodness.

Harden's season turned out not too bad.  He is a better defender than Drummond? lol?

K-Love didn't top his best overall, but I do like the efg% boost over the previous one.

There are some other nice gems, too.  Now to wait on the all-defense teams & adjustments.
4/21/2014 1:33 PM
Yes.  Lance Stephenson at 36D is atrocious.  Much better defender than that....also Paul George at a 60D?
4/22/2014 10:54 AM
Just more examples of why this game was better in "The Good Old Days".  Using a mockery of a D rating system is much worse than using no system at all.
4/22/2014 11:52 AM
maybe it was better in the 'good old days' when that e-monk guy was around - he made everything more interesting from what I've heard
4/22/2014 1:36 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
2013-14 Player Watch Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.