And Then There Was One....Team.... Topic

The violin music is queued up and ready to go, meaning it's time for you to join the Schmidt family.  "A man who doesn't spend time with his family, isn't a real man at all."  This is a league with little turnover (3 open teams last two seasons) and winners (18 owners with World Series titles).  Other classifieds, many with a half-dozen openings, may offer you credits. We offer you this.  "Act like a real man" and join a real league:  Don't sell out to Barzini in a pimp league.

Below you'll find the families that are available:

Texas Fresh 
AL South
87-75
4 Playoff Appearance(s) In Last Five Years

Everybody fears us.  Barzini has been moving against the rest of the League for quite some time now.  Four playoff appearances in five years?  Tip of the iceberg. We've averaged 90+ wins the last nine seasons.  We've got police influence.  We've got political connections.  We've got muscle.  We've got allies.  They're all going to be around when you lead this family to glory  Payroll this year was $112m, but call in a few political favors and next year it's slashed down to half that--about $66m committed.  You've got all the resources you need to add to what you've got above.

San Juan Crabbers
NL East
73-89
1 Playoff Appearance(s) In Last Five Years

Sollozzo is out to bring in some new blood into town.  Forget the past and the old ways--it's time to chart a new direction in the NL East.  The original families aren't going to know what hit 'em as you're going to come up fast and furious.  You've got young resources everywhere, like
Benito Torres (16th pick last year), Ronn White (20th pick last year), Johnny Smith (39th pick last year), and Darryl Broome (48th pick last year), and Cy Eickenstyler (54th pick last year).  That's five first round picks JUST LAST YEAR.  You'll have pick #13 next year as well.  

1/19/2014 3:30 PM (edited)
Thank you for inviting me on the occasion of your simulated baseball league rollover.  And I hope that the first new GM is a masculine GM.  Male or female... doesn't matter, as long as they are masculine.  

Thanks for considering each of our 3 available franchises.  Texas is a world-class franchise still at the top of the curve, and Boston looks to me like the most promising young franchise in Schmidt.  

To express your interest or ask questions, you are welcome to post below, or send sitemail to:

zzookeepp, commish/Godfather

aaron_clarke, deputy commish/consigliere (peacetime)
1/3/2014 3:16 PM (edited)
Testimonial from a current Schmidt owner (originally communicated via Trade Chat, reproduced with permission)

"I decided to drop a world I'd been involved in for a long time in favor of staying in Schmidt.  I really like the direction everything is heading in this world.  I think I made the right choice for the future, as I am really pleased with the camaraderie, private world rules, etc, that Schmidt (hopefully soon to be Corleone) offers.  Basically what I'm saying is that I'm here to stay for many seasons to come... thanks for having me here."

-lesliechow
1/3/2014 11:38 AM (edited)
(reserved)
1/3/2014 11:29 AM
(reserved)
1/4/2014 12:11 PM

This is the most creative recruiting post I've ever seen. Bravo! I was just out browsing. If I were looking for a world this would be it. But any world showing this kind of creativity is bound to be a great one. I say again--Bravo!!!

1/5/2014 9:33 PM
Thanks, 'author!
1/6/2014 10:38 AM
We live by a simple rule "keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer. So come join us for some delicious Pasta Fagioli and don't be concerned if we need to visit the bathroom.
1/7/2014 6:17 PM
I would be interested in the Boston franchise.   Long time owner and I'll guarantee at least 3 seasons if not more.
1/9/2014 2:45 PM
Welcome aboard, PB— sitemail coming your way. 
1/9/2014 10:11 PM
Interested in Iowa City. S-mail sent to commish.
1/12/2014 1:18 PM
Hi rls — password sent to you, and Iowa City (or wherever it moves) is all yours.  Welcome!
1/12/2014 2:53 PM
Two "families" left.  Original ad was eliminated and a new one installed.  Not personal--just business.
1/12/2014 7:45 PM (edited)
Today we're asking nice, come join our family. Tomorrow maybe not so nice...capiche
1/15/2014 8:59 AM
I'm no Doctor, but I know it's hard to walk with a couple of cracked knee caps... I'm just saying.... Maybe it's time you joined... Ask the Godfather (zzookeepp) if the Texas team is still available. The guy who was going to take the team....he....a ...lets just say ...he's not able too at this time.
1/18/2014 11:20 PM
12 Next ▸
And Then There Was One....Team.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.