I'm back! (recruit tool 2.0 beta inside) Topic

Posted by yatzr on 1/9/2014 11:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by missouridawg on 1/9/2014 9:54:00 PM (view original):
Love the new features.  Thanks for adding those.

Quick question: I clicked on the mileage of a certain player and a new screen popped up that showed a comparison of the distances between the schools closest to that guy.  I closed that box and attempted to do it again for another player... but it didn't work.  How we do get the program to re-open that mileage comparison window?
Did the window not pop up again, or was it blank?  If it was blank, it's possible the tool didn't know the town for that recruit.  If it wouldn't pop open again...then I'm not quite sure what could've happened.
I couldn't get it to pop back open.

I simply need to click in the mileage box, right?
1/9/2014 11:16 PM
Posted by missouridawg on 1/9/2014 11:16:00 PM (view original):

Quick question: I clicked on the mileage of a certain player and a new screen popped up that showed a comparison of the distances between the schools closest to that guy.  I closed that box and attempted to do it again for another player... but it didn't work.  How we do get the program to re-open that mileage comparison window?
Did the window not pop up again, or was it blank?  If it was blank, it's possible the tool didn't know the town for that recruit.  If it wouldn't pop open again...then I'm not quite sure what could've happened.

Yep, I was just testing it out, and I can't get it to not open?  If you close down the program and try it out again, does it still break?
1/9/2014 11:25 PM
GREAT effort once again yatzr. Love the new tool after just a few minutes checking it out.  I'm so impressed that my money clip wants to take you to a fireworks show, but it can't 'cause it can't read a calendar and doesn't realize that July 4 is 6 months away.  

So you'll be receiving a fresh donation instead. Keep up the good work.
1/9/2014 11:30 PM
Yatzr, Ive had a problem for a while with potential's not showing up correctly.  Ive pulled the response data into the tool and even modified it by hand based on scouting reports to try and get it to display correctly but still have issues.  This doesn't seem to crop up with Average or High Growth (2 & 3 respectively) only with Low Growth (1) and STL (4).

Here is an example:  in the potential box, I have this string:  All I can say is, incredible upside potential.     (PV assigned 4)

This season a scouting report came back with this:
Coach,

I just got back from my trip to see Matthew Baird. Overall, I'd say that he will probably find a spot at a D-IA program.  Here's a quick overview of what I saw: 

All I can say is, incredible upside potential.
etc...

Any thoughts on why the tool will not correctly flag this as a PV 4 and display it?  I had to go look at the scouting report manually to figure out what I had on my hands and still haven't been able to get the tool to display it correctly.

1/10/2014 10:37 AM
It's most likely some subtle difference between the two strings and the tool doesn't think they match.  Check for leading or trailing whitespace characters in your configuration.  The best thing you could do to ensure it's accurate is copy/paste the string from the browser to notepad to make sure that nothing funny got included in the copy.  Then copy/paste from notepad into the tool.
1/10/2014 12:44 PM
Will do that, thanks Yatzr.
1/10/2014 12:55 PM
WOW.  I'm glad I donated.  This is FANTASTIC!  I wouldn't play GD without the Yatzr tool, now it is strong as new rope.  
1/10/2014 5:27 PM
Posted by yatzr on 1/9/2014 11:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by missouridawg on 1/9/2014 11:16:00 PM (view original):

Yep, I was just testing it out, and I can't get it to not open?  If you close down the program and try it out again, does it still break?
Yes.  When I re-open the program, it still does not pull up the mileage comparison.  
1/10/2014 5:36 PM
If you click on the PID of a recruit, does it open up your browser?  I'm wondering if the click actions got disabled somehow.
1/10/2014 11:02 PM
I updated the .jar in the original post.  You'll notice there's one less b in the filename.  When I run out of 'b's, then something magical happens....maybe.

In this version:
The vision score is more accurate!  I messed up a decimal point before.  It's always some mundane detail...
It'll tell you how much you're about to spend when mass recruiting.
You don't need the permTeams.dat and towns.dat files anymore!  Those two files are now built into the .jar.  Nobody should ever get the "invalid team id" again unless they're actually entering an invalid team id.  You guys have no idea how happy I am about that.

I'm still trying to figure out a good way to deal with the memory issues that are causing some of your search failures.  Until I get a proper solution, I offer you this:
http://www.gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/run_recruit_tool.zip
Unzip it into the folder with the .jar file. This is a .bat file that you can double click to run the recruiting tool with some extra java options (specifically to give it more memory). You may need to right click -> edit the .bat file if it's not already pointing to your correct java installation folder.
1/11/2014 1:01 AM
My Vision score- Bridgewater Dobie DIII is 79.74.
1/11/2014 3:36 AM
Yatzr, another issue for you to look at.  Ive got some resizing issues on a MacBook Pro (13in w/Retina).  When I open up any of the extra pages (Recruit Message log, Equations, Potentials, etc...) I get to issues.  Even if I resize them to full screen, I still have some parts missing.  Im assuming this is due to the page's not scaling with higher resolutions.  I also have an issue with the text boxes in the Equations window where the last numbers/letters are cut off and the text cursor is offset into the middle of a character.  No amount of resizing seems to resolve this issue.

For reference, I do not have this issue on my 17in (w/o Retina) MacBook Pro nor do I have the issue if I hook the 13in up to an external display.  Not sure if you can do anything about it, but thought I would at least make you aware of it.
1/11/2014 9:37 AM
I'm trying to get my vision score with Beta.  It won't run when I click the button.  Nothing happens.  Everything else works fine.  I installed the .bat file as well, but when I click the file it just pops up a brief cmd screen and then disappears.

Anyone have any thoughts?
1/11/2014 7:19 PM
Posted by jtd79 on 1/11/2014 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Yatzr, another issue for you to look at.  Ive got some resizing issues on a MacBook Pro (13in w/Retina).  When I open up any of the extra pages (Recruit Message log, Equations, Potentials, etc...) I get to issues.  Even if I resize them to full screen, I still have some parts missing.  Im assuming this is due to the page's not scaling with higher resolutions.  I also have an issue with the text boxes in the Equations window where the last numbers/letters are cut off and the text cursor is offset into the middle of a character.  No amount of resizing seems to resolve this issue.

For reference, I do not have this issue on my 17in (w/o Retina) MacBook Pro nor do I have the issue if I hook the 13in up to an external display.  Not sure if you can do anything about it, but thought I would at least make you aware of it.
When I pull up the page for punters, the calculated score of the punter column (which isn't resizeable) is too small to see the number.  All I can see if the first digit.

When i sort the column, it's really easy to figure out who the highest rated punters are, but I cannot see the second digit.
1/11/2014 7:20 PM
People - keep in mind this is a BETA.

But, thanks for bringing this up.  Yatzr has made an amazing tool that everyone should donate to but not use.  That way I'll clean house!

It really makes recruiting easy - now you will probably never have to look at the main GD recruiting page any more.
1/11/2014 8:01 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
I'm back! (recruit tool 2.0 beta inside) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.