mobbing those lazy sons a .... Topic

So I am coming up with another one... i guess this will keep happening during my first season.

If there is a thing I cannot stand in live, then it is a lazy bastard who gets through with it. For example someone who manages to get 4 years worth of college paid just by putting his foot to a pigskin every maybe 15 minutes and then goes on break (maybe smokes a cigarette???), never played a defensive down, never scored a point. Like my senior punter. At least though, when he is not on break, he does his job quite well. So it could be worse than him

What is worse than my procrastinanting senior punter. Well the guy who backs him up of course, (a sophmore), who does nothing all day but warm the bench and get a schollie for it. You say you got two of those lazy sons o b*tches on your roster, how, do you stand the day, it really can't get any worse? Well take a look at my roster and ye may learn a thing

what could be worse: well the guy who backs up the guy who backs up the guy who makes a schollie on doing quasi nothing of course. Yes, my predescessors did bequest me with a roster with not two but 3(!) punters. The last one (a junior) is, additionally to being ultimately lazy also so epically inept, that if ever anyone did put him on the field to try to punt, I would indeed be rather surprised if he would know in which direction to get the ball. Really what a scham of a (only in digital code existing) human being!

This much cosmic unfairness I just could not let slide. I fully plan to rescind his scholarship the first chance I will get! But I hear that this will cost me loyalty (although it is beyond me to understand how I could be expected to be loyal to such a mega procrastinator). Thus I figured I might try some well deserved good old fashioned mobbing, to see if he has to moral fortitudeto quit when it is necessary. I redshirthed him, fully intending to show my mild side before the last game of the season by pulling the redshirt and then promptly burry him on the depth chart where he will be able to procrastinate the whole game without ever having to get up and move to the field. He reacted with surprise and anger to the redshirt saying something about how this was gonna be his year and how this made it look like his hard work (my ***!) was for nothing.

Now here comes my actual question: who has tried this out with a junior? Should I get my hopes up that he will quit/transfer by himself, or is that unlikely to happen?

1/27/2014 1:46 PM (edited)
He probably won't quit.
1/27/2014 2:11 PM
Do you speak from experience? Have you tried this before, is the result always that he stays on, or only mostly so?
1/27/2014 2:30 PM
Honestly, in my experience, if you want him to stay he leaves, if you want him to quit he stays.  LOL.

Just cut him when the season's over.

1/27/2014 2:46 PM
After looking at your team, I wouldn't be worrying about how many kickers you have on the team, you need a full overhaul.

I'd remove any redshirts you've given and save them for the recruits you get with the highest WE/Potential combination.

1/27/2014 2:47 PM
ok. i'll resign myself to the thought that I'll have to cut him
1/27/2014 2:48 PM
Without knowing anybody's Potential, I'd redshirt FR Thompson, Hanson, and Marquez.
1/27/2014 2:49 PM
You have a looooonnngggg road ahead of you.  Be patient, don't quit.  But chances of winning many games in the first couple of seasons are slim.
1/27/2014 2:50 PM
Honestly, there's tons of guys you can cut, it doesn't have to be him.  I'd cut the youngest guys first.  So, I'd pick 3 sophomores on the team now and cut them after the season.

1/27/2014 2:51 PM
thanks for the advice. lord knows there are about 15 guys that ought to be cut immeadiately, so if I could have mobbed out a few (which is why I thought I'd try a junior), that would not be so heavy on my limit of 3 players I can cut. Also I just don't like the thought of taking a hit to the loyalty, but maybe that is not that much of a problem.
1/27/2014 3:17 PM
Whoooo Boy. I had a team start at 380 and couldn't wait to get by those 0-13 seasons. First - don't worry about the P situation. You have 2 Sr kickers and one SR P leaving. Make one P your K and not worry about it next season - It won't matter. Then cut three other players in the 200 - 300 range and open up some slots. Your vision won't let you see over the gutter of recruits anyway. So then you can recruit better players than you let go. Schedule as easy as you can to get some wins and by summer 2014 you will be competitive.

OR - make a move to a more competitive team in the off season and absorb the loyalty hit. You will be further along in the long run.

1/27/2014 3:56 PM
Both ways are great advice.

1/27/2014 4:20 PM
thanks for all the advice guys.Right now the plan is about do two or three seasons, to get a bit of a feeling for the game before maybe moving on to greener pastures.
1/27/2014 4:38 PM
Just my opinion, but you might get a better feel for the game with a better team. Plus, it's more fun to win while you're learning.
1/28/2014 7:46 AM
Posted by dachmann on 1/27/2014 1:46:00 PM (view original):
So I am coming up with another one... i guess this will keep happening during my first season.

If there is a thing I cannot stand in live, then it is a lazy bastard who gets through with it. For example someone who manages to get 4 years worth of college paid just by putting his foot to a pigskin every maybe 15 minutes and then goes on break (maybe smokes a cigarette???), never played a defensive down, never scored a point. Like my senior punter. At least though, when he is not on break, he does his job quite well. So it could be worse than him

What is worse than my procrastinanting senior punter. Well the guy who backs him up of course, (a sophmore), who does nothing all day but warm the bench and get a schollie for it. You say you got two of those lazy sons o b*tches on your roster, how, do you stand the day, it really can't get any worse? Well take a look at my roster and ye may learn a thing

what could be worse: well the guy who backs up the guy who backs up the guy who makes a schollie on doing quasi nothing of course. Yes, my predescessors did bequest me with a roster with not two but 3(!) punters. The last one (a junior) is, additionally to being ultimately lazy also so epically inept, that if ever anyone did put him on the field to try to punt, I would indeed be rather surprised if he would know in which direction to get the ball. Really what a scham of a (only in digital code existing) human being!

This much cosmic unfairness I just could not let slide. I fully plan to rescind his scholarship the first chance I will get! But I hear that this will cost me loyalty (although it is beyond me to understand how I could be expected to be loyal to such a mega procrastinator). Thus I figured I might try some well deserved good old fashioned mobbing, to see if he has to moral fortitudeto quit when it is necessary. I redshirthed him, fully intending to show my mild side before the last game of the season by pulling the redshirt and then promptly burry him on the depth chart where he will be able to procrastinate the whole game without ever having to get up and move to the field. He reacted with surprise and anger to the redshirt saying something about how this was gonna be his year and how this made it look like his hard work (my ***!) was for nothing.

Now here comes my actual question: who has tried this out with a junior? Should I get my hopes up that he will quit/transfer by himself, or is that unlikely to happen?

sounds like an chapter from catch-22
1/28/2014 8:37 AM
12 Next ▸
mobbing those lazy sons a .... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.