Who's 3rd ? Topic

Let's start some "discussion" here: who is CURRENTLY (this season) the 3rd best player in the NBA?  Plenty of candidates - Aldridge, Lillard, Lee, Curry, Cousins, Griffin, Paul, Harden, Love, George, etc..

Vote totals - Griffin   1
                       Paul     4
                      George 1
2/16/2014 10:34 AM (edited)
I'll start by casting a vote for Blake Griffin.  He's still not an All-World defender, but he's better, and his jump shot, ball-handling, and passing have all gotten significantly better.
1/31/2014 11:20 AM
Hmm. This is tough. I think most of the media would say Paul George. I certainly think he is close.

My vote at the moment would be for CP3 though it is hard to pick from the group.

I think my current thinking has players in tiers..

Tier 1
LBJ

Tier 2
KD (jumped up a tier this year)

Tier 3
CP3
Aldridge (new this year)
Steph Curry 
Paul George

Tier 4 -
Kevin Love
Blake Griffin
James Harden
Carmelo Anthony
Anthony Davis
Dirk
Dwight

Tier ????? can play like superstars maybe sometimes
Bosh (right now I would put Bosh at tier 4 for the last month or so)
Wade (early this season Wade when heatlhy was at least tier 4)
Kobe?????

I feel bad for not putting the amazing Kyle Lowry on here.

1/31/2014 11:40 AM
Some odd tiers. No idea how you don't put Durant and James in the same one.

I'd put Chris Paul as the 3rd best player with Blake Griffin and Paul George following him.
1/31/2014 1:34 PM
I think you have to say Paul George.  Griffin is great but because he doesn't play D I don't think you can choose him over George. 

Curry has even played better this year but again he's just not a George's level.  CP3 would be in the discussion but he's hurt now...And Dwight Howard?? He's great but also I think he benefiting from the lack of big men in the NBA these days.

Also speaking of being hurt Russel Westbrook... here's a question as well as OKC is playing now are they better off without him (with him playing the usual way he does)?

1/31/2014 1:38 PM
They have a better record with Westbrook than without. If anything, Durant has certainly become a better player than he was during that brutal Memphis series last year.

As in the Miami game, the double teams on Durant lead to quick passes to Ibaka who gets open shots.
1/31/2014 2:11 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 1/31/2014 2:11:00 PM (view original):
They have a better record with Westbrook than without. If anything, Durant has certainly become a better player than he was during that brutal Memphis series last year.

As in the Miami game, the double teams on Durant lead to quick passes to Ibaka who gets open shots.
Agreed Durant has become a tougher and a better facilitator and scorer, yes the record is better with Westbrook.  But there was going to acclimation period.  I don't know they just seem like a better team now.  Westbrook took some crazy shots...

1/31/2014 2:19 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 1/31/2014 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Some odd tiers. No idea how you don't put Durant and James in the same one.

I'd put Chris Paul as the 3rd best player with Blake Griffin and Paul George following him.
Of all the weird things in my tiers.. I am most comfortable with LBJ in a separate class than KD. Lebron is now a top 5 all-time player in my opinion. Durant is not even top 20 at this stage in his career.

This regular season means very little to me in ranking those 2. Lebron is clearly waiting for the playoffs to dominate.
1/31/2014 3:21 PM
3 cp3
4  paul George
5 James Harden
6 Aldrige
7 Griffen
8 westbrook
9  Love 
10 curry
consideration- dwight, hibbert, Bosh, wade, duncan, parker, melo
future possibilitys
wall, lillard, cousins, davis, drummond, parsons, (not kyrie)

1/31/2014 3:35 PM
This thread wasn't for "all-time". It's for current.
2/1/2014 11:53 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 2/1/2014 11:53:00 AM (view original):
This thread wasn't for "all-time". It's for current.
Correct, and I can't see Lebron being in a separate tier from KD based on this season, IF he's even still better at all.
2/2/2014 2:29 PM
James harden is the most overrated player in the NBA.
2/10/2014 5:07 AM
That's obviously hard to quantify, but generally, videos all over the internet displaying your lack of defense give-a-crapness isn't a good mark in your favor.
2/10/2014 9:27 AM
Posted by postage on 2/10/2014 5:07:00 AM (view original):
James harden is the most overrated player in the NBA.
hes probably overrated and i think i probably put him to high but i think kyrie or rubio is the most overrated.
2/10/2014 3:58 PM
Okc

21-5 with Westbrook
22-6 without Westbrook

I'm excluding the game he got injured.

14-2 in their last 16 games which they beat Houston, Golden State, Portland (twice), San Antonio and Miami.  Their two losses where to Washington and Orlando (maybe WIS randomness is correct! lol). Again they look like a better team without him.  Westbrook is just too inefficient  IMHO the way he plays now.

2/15/2014 8:08 AM
123 Next ▸
Who's 3rd ? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.