#1 Seed Went Down in Round 1- To a SIM!!! D3 Wilk Topic

2/1/2014 2:57 PM (edited)
Thats great! He got dominated yards wise.
2/1/2014 3:44 PM
After looking at the season schedule, the #1 seed was over-rated. Be curious to know how much game planning went into the game or was it an assumed win.
2/1/2014 9:10 PM
So I play Lebanon next. We'll see how I do. I haven't changed a setting for this game.
2/2/2014 12:48 AM
Interesting 
2/2/2014 8:57 AM
Elmhurst won 55-3.
2/2/2014 2:54 PM
Posted by omcs1981 on 2/1/2014 9:10:00 PM (view original):
After looking at the season schedule, the #1 seed was over-rated. Be curious to know how much game planning went into the game or was it an assumed win.
I agree--they were over-rated via the schedule (though it just goes to show that it really pays to beat mediocre teams and avoid too many games against the dregs of the division).  However, I looked at the player ratings, and from what I could tell, this team really should have gotten out of the first round, especially against a SIM.  Sucks for the coach, but I wonder what the game plan was....
2/2/2014 3:38 PM
If SIMS keep beating me, I will stop playing this game, personally. I have figured out no consistent method to beat SIMs. Can play SIMS of equal talent in consecutive weeks and beat one 59-3 and then lose to the next one 37-30. That is just silly. We are programming essentially the same info in twice and getting that variety of results.
2/2/2014 3:42 PM
Posted by dublinuf on 2/2/2014 3:42:00 PM (view original):
If SIMS keep beating me, I will stop playing this game, personally. I have figured out no consistent method to beat SIMs. Can play SIMS of equal talent in consecutive weeks and beat one 59-3 and then lose to the next one 37-30. That is just silly. We are programming essentially the same info in twice and getting that variety of results.
+1 Losing to sims and bad sims is driving me out.

But you better watch out, you'll be told by some guy that's coached a hundred games that you don't know anything.

2/2/2014 4:07 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 2/2/2014 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Elmhurst won 55-3.
I hope I can offer you more of a challenge in round 3. ;)

Back to the primary topic of the thread, I don't know how they lost to a sim, but there was no question from the outset that Tufts was a paper tiger. I suspect I wasn't the only one who was pleased to get them as the #1 seed in my region.
2/2/2014 4:22 PM
I can assure you:  neither Elmhurst or Pomona-Pitzer are paper tigers.....they are both the real kind that BITE!!  GL to both you you, but more to helgi since he is a conference mate!!
2/2/2014 5:30 PM
So just to cap off the South bracket: Elmhurst managed to upend PP to make the final 4. Played Utica and Oh Damn! - <25% completion against the 4 >700 DB! Hats off to bhouska!
2/4/2014 9:09 PM
looks like im the last line of defense to prevent the repeat
2/4/2014 9:31 PM
These past games have been like the super bowl, we come in thinking both teams are extremely talented, but one is just in a league of its own. 
Good luck to both of you!
2/4/2014 9:33 PM
he may win, sure has had my number lately - but a league of his own is a bit of a discredit to 4 straight NC appearances & 5 of last 7....we did have the higher preseason guess score (#1 overall) so i am certainly not conceding yet, lol....but hes great no question
2/4/2014 11:52 PM
12 Next ▸
#1 Seed Went Down in Round 1- To a SIM!!! D3 Wilk Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.