Question, Theory, and Advice Thread Topic

Since you run the flex, if it's me, would slide Streeter to PF, sit the guy you have there, and start Westmoreland at SF. Partial to the flex, and like to have a third shooter in there, rather than a guy that goes inside more. The legendary HD coaches say flex depends more on SP, PE and PA, and motion more on AT and BH. Far as Berger's WE goes, it will improve when he plays more. He is shooting very well so far, though probably mostly against the opponents' second line guys. Would bump his 3's to at least +1, and try to get him more PT. His terrible defensive rating is not as awful in the zone.
2/8/2014 12:47 AM
I've thought about that with Streeter, I think that he would play at least as good there my question becomes what to do with James Hansen. Right now he comes off the bench but gets the majority of minutes at PF. I do this because I'm trying to improve John Cash's work ethic because his scouting report was so impressive. I think he actually has the shooting stats to play SF but even though his speed and athleticism combined are what I consider average for my team (low prestige recruits) but not spectacular in either. Cash's defense is another reason I like to start him over Hansen, it's almost 3 times as good and should see major improvement. He also has SF potential so I would probably rotate Westmoreland, Hansen and Cash at SF and Streeter, Hansen and Cash at PF. Thoughts?
2/8/2014 1:05 AM
Ever think of trying this lineup?

Way/Buss/Hansen/Streeter/Werner at PG/SG/SF/PF/C?

I would eyeball the backups in that case as Betty, Olsen, cordero, nealy and Cash.

Of course, then there would be the 'Big' lineup with both Nealy and Werner in the post for special situations.

2/8/2014 7:53 AM
Posted by ryancole17 on 2/8/2014 12:45:00 AM (view original):

I've been wondering what to set for my Point Guard Distribution, If I am looking for a Point Guard to pass first not shoot, should I set a low play distribution for him? Or would this cause him to just not handle the ball?

Any thoughts?

Set a low distro for him. He'll still be the primary ballhandler if you're playing him at PG, he just won't be the guy taking the shots.
2/8/2014 11:03 AM
Buss is trash in my opinion. His ball handling and speed help him against crap opponents but against anyone good he's got nothing. But if Berger was in that spot then yes I've thought about that lineup a lot but my rational is bringing Hansen off the bench gets my 3 (Werner streeter Hansen) more shots because of the distribution. But do you think Hansen's ratings are better for sf and streeter for pf?
2/8/2014 5:09 PM
When an attribute goes from average to low how much more can you expect it to improve?
2/11/2014 2:22 PM
Posted by mikvitu on 2/11/2014 2:22:00 PM (view original):
When an attribute goes from average to low how much more can you expect it to improve?
6 - if there's time (advancement slows at the edges of the curves)
2/11/2014 2:35 PM
If I've scouted a player how can I determine from the scouting report where his high potential lands. For a player I just got, he has 6 high potentials and on the scouting report they were associated with; significant, huge, massive, and sky's the limit. I'm assuming that's the order the go in, but what's the best way to make sense of what you get told in the scouting reports? Or am I missing something entirely?
2/12/2014 1:01 PM
use the dacj501 spreadsheet

tinyurl.com/2eljoyu
2/12/2014 1:03 PM
Posted by guyo26 on 2/12/2014 1:03:00 PM (view original):
use the dacj501 spreadsheet

tinyurl.com/2eljoyu
Answers like this are a big reason I like this game haha.
2/12/2014 1:08 PM
Well, it is removing the unknown from the game, but I think pretty much every coach on this forum knows and uses it.

One of these days I'm going to chart out the Medium growth responses so I can know better if it's 7 pts or 20 pts, but that's the biggie for High-High or High-Low.
2/12/2014 1:30 PM
Posted by guyo26 on 2/12/2014 1:30:00 PM (view original):
Well, it is removing the unknown from the game, but I think pretty much every coach on this forum knows and uses it.

One of these days I'm going to chart out the Medium growth responses so I can know better if it's 7 pts or 20 pts, but that's the biggie for High-High or High-Low.
guyo, if you chart out the averages and find a correlation between them and the growth from 7 to 20 you will be a hero I believe. I don't actually think such a thing exists, but you might prove me wrong. (by which I mean I don't think there is any way to tell)
2/12/2014 2:04 PM
Well, I suppose in a sense it's nit-picky, we're all looking for the blues and High-High (well, I assume most of us are anyway), but it would be nice if I could see a medium and not just assume it will be 7 pts of growth.   When I eyeball recruits sometimes I go with an average of medium equaling 13, but really it's just a guess.  In some cases 7 or 20 can make a big difference on a recruit.  I have many seasons of screenshots of recruits and messages I could sort through but ... I'm lazy lol.

I feel like it should be quantifiable, we've all seen similar type messages for guys, there has to be a formula to it like there is for the high's.  And for that matter there should be for low growth as well, but most of us don't care about those.
2/12/2014 2:41 PM

Do the conference tournament games factor into post-season selection?

2/15/2014 2:21 PM
yup
2/15/2014 2:23 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Question, Theory, and Advice Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.