What would you do? Topic

Posted by frankum on 2/6/2014 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jmcgarry on 2/6/2014 12:29:00 AM (view original):
Yost / Cortland was my first ever team i didnt know jack until year 5 (when i discovered the upside thing in scouting reports thanks to the forums) and from there it took 4 seasons to be #2 & another 4 to be NC...helped to have that advice & a 20-25 man class too that started early & often & grew by leaps & bounds by the time they were seniors ;-)
What are scouting reports?  Serious question.
The link below covers the guide to the game pinned at the top of this forum.  It describes in detail the scouting reports and how to use them.

whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx

2/6/2014 12:17 PM
Ah, so he meant the recruiting scouting reports.  I thought they were talking game planning scouting reports lol.  My bad. 
2/6/2014 12:31 PM
I say : Move up fast . Get killed . Get disillusioned. Quit the game.
        Of course, you have to take my opinion in the context that I have just gotten stoned out of my gourd and am typing this on a monitor that is going in and out of focus. But I feel damn fine      !

2/6/2014 10:02 PM
I have kept my first team and will keep it for the rest of my time playing the game.  After about 4 or 5 seasons, I picked up a second team and have spent several seasons at D3, then D2, now at D1AA.  If the engine had not changed, I would probably move up to D1A this upcoming season...but now I need to get a better grip on the gameplay first.

In short, do what you want to do..whatever is fun.  There are big learning advantages to having multiple teams.  To be "successful" (meaning deep playoff runs, and contending for a NC) you will need to spend some time, build your program, and learn how this engine works.  As mentioned above, recruiting is the real key to success at any level, and is more important at each higher level (IMO)
2/6/2014 10:27 PM
Exactly. The game is called Gridiron DYNASTY, but it all depends on your goal
2/7/2014 7:00 AM
Thanks guys for your input. Had the chance to go after a really good D2 team but someone else has grabbed it. I think I'm going to stay put for at least another season.
2/7/2014 8:39 AM
just my .02, you should definitely not move up until you are able to consistently fill your recruiting classes without taking on SIM recruits.  As you move up the ladder and recruiting gets harder and more competitive, not having mastered the most basic of recruiting planning ideas will become a larger and larger problem. 
2/7/2014 9:26 AM
See, I disagree with this completely. Recruiting in DII is much different than recruiting in DIII, because of more money for battling. And recruiting in DIAA is different than in DII, but I don't think the change is quite as severe as going from III to II. If you spend several seasons in DIII just to master that level of recruiting, you will then find that in DII you don't know what the h*ll you are doing. I say just find a good team at the level you want to be in, then learn how to recruit at that level.
2/7/2014 10:01 AM
◂ Prev 12
What would you do? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.