RIP CURT SCHILLING Topic

Posted by edsortails on 5/3/2016 12:38:00 AM (view original):
Curt Schilling tweeted: "It's said that only 5-10% of Muslims are extremists. In 1940, only 7% of Germans were Nazis."

I still fail to see the controversial portion of this tweet. He says nothing to condemn Muslims. He is pointing out that a small % of a group can be strong enough to inflict real damage. In this case, that is the extremists. You have to read into it to be offended, or be a big fan of Muslim extremists.
We were talking about the post he got fired for, not the one he got suspended for.
5/3/2016 3:21 AM
1-that tells me that you don't really see the offensive part of this either

2-really though, the discussion has been centered on his continued pattern, and therefore the one that is widely considered to be the starting point of this pattern to most is very much in play to focus on-----Curt wasn't just suspended for this tweet, he was demoted from his position and never returned to it
5/3/2016 6:18 AM
Yes, I'm pretty sure dahs confirmed that he believed the transgender post wasn't enough to have him fired, that it was a repeated behavior. And the repeated behavior was views from the right. Repeated behavior from the left is hardly noticed.
5/3/2016 6:55 AM
Bloody Sock Lives Matter!!
5/3/2016 11:39 AM
Curt Schilling tweeted: "It's said that only 5-10% of Muslims are extremists. In 1940, only 7% of Germans were Nazis."

I still fail to see the controversial portion of this tweet. He says nothing to condemn Muslims. He is pointing out that a small % of a group can be strong enough to inflict real damage. In this case, that is the extremists. You have to read into it to be offended, or be a big fan of Muslim extremists.
Are you serious? You don't see whats controversial there?
5/3/2016 9:29 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by sjpoker on 5/3/2016 9:29:00 PM (view original):

I think Schilling is a raging *****. And I don't see that as controversial to non-extreme Muslims.

I lean right. You want to insult the extreme right, you're not talking about me. Do we have to be careful to not insult the extreme Muslims? Why? Because they'll get mad and blow up an airport?
5/4/2016 12:46 AM
they're already mad...that's what makes the extremists.
5/4/2016 1:16 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/4/2016 12:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 5/3/2016 9:29:00 PM (view original):

I think Schilling is a raging *****. And I don't see that as controversial to non-extreme Muslims.

I lean right. You want to insult the extreme right, you're not talking about me. Do we have to be careful to not insult the extreme Muslims? Why? Because they'll get mad and blow up an airport?
Insinuating that a corallary exists between Nazis/Germans and Psycho Radicals/Muslims is and should be insulting to Muslims. Really not sure where an 'extremist' would be insulted by that statement. Unless they felt goose stepping was in bad form I guess.
5/4/2016 2:30 PM
The insinuation is that Muslims are 'letting' ISIS act as they are. Or even that they are rooting them on. That's really not the case. And to think so is retarded but hey, I guess it doesn't require much effort. So if it works for any of you younshould roll with it.
5/4/2016 10:03 PM
and kind of implies you are more sympathetic to Muslim extremists than you are to the mentally challenged
5/5/2016 2:29 AM
Posted by sjpoker on 5/4/2016 10:03:00 PM (view original):
The insinuation is that Muslims are 'letting' ISIS act as they are. Or even that they are rooting them on. That's really not the case. And to think so is retarded but hey, I guess it doesn't require much effort. So if it works for any of you younshould roll with it.
Whoa, hold the boat. Do you believe the people of Germany were responsible for Hitler and the Nazis? That there should have been a violent uprising to usurp the power than Hitler acquired? Perhaps you feel the people of North Korea are responsible for Kim Jung-il or even un.

I don't feel that way at all. When people in power control the military power, the general population is generally ******. If Obama rolls a tank thru my neighborhood, I'm not taking it down with the guns I have.

ISIS is a terror group. If general population Muslims publicly come out against it, there's a really good chance they end up without a head.
5/5/2016 8:37 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
RIP CURT SCHILLING Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.