How big of difference in Average v Good Potential? Topic

Posted by bhouska on 2/14/2014 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chalvorson on 2/13/2014 2:12:00 PM (view original):
You have fair points.  Slid64er has been playing much, much longer than I have.  I'm sure he has forgotten more than I know.  That said, im sure he is a fantastic recruiter, practice time maximizer and game planner.

I looked at 3 of his Sr players on Moravain at the start of the current Yost season.  That means they have had 3 years of growth just like my guys from the above table.  The 3 I looked at are below.  The 1st number is their original recruit WE and the 2nd number is the avg increase in attributes over the first 3 years;

Corey Johnson (RB) 48 / 15.9
Walter Wilson (WR) 42 / 15.8
Francis Collier (TE) 52 /  15.0

Clearly, each of these 3 guys have grown a good amount.  If you say they are all good potential, then they are much like my guy above John Evens (TE).  John was good potential and 53 WE as an incoming Fr.  My point is that through years of experience slid64er knows something (many things) I don't.  His guys with good potential and similar WE grew 1.3 points more over the same 1st 3 years.

I think slid64ers player attribute growth is because he knows things to maximize the growth outside of our conversation here about talent, WE & potential. If he signed an average potential recruit, they would likely have grown more than my average players growth of 8.6 over the first 3 years because of what he knows.

Did your guys and his guys play the same amount of games those 3 seasons?  That makes a huge difference.  If you're talking about his Moravian team, they played in the NC game, which is 19 games in one season.  So, are you comparing apples to apples?

bhuska, his guys played more games.  I'm sure that accounts for part of his attribute growth over my guys with equivalent potential and WE levels.
2/15/2014 10:25 PM
◂ Prev 1234
How big of difference in Average v Good Potential? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.