What a bad move from another player Topic

It would not be hard to prove to the mods.
2/11/2014 5:10 PM
Posted by slid64er on 2/11/2014 1:52:00 PM (view original):
I don't see anything wrong with what happened, it's not like he's dropping down a level, you guys are on the same playing field.

Of course you don't think anything was wrong because it didn't happen to you. I can se he didn't do that to your team.

@jsduke-Not to gang up on you or stand up for sild64er but I stole arguably the best WR in this years recruiting class from him 5 hours before signing starts just last night. Sh*t happens all the time in recruiting just gotta live with it. You don't see Slif64er crying on the forums about it either...
2/11/2014 5:17 PM
You stole one good player. He changed 6 players that he will not sign to get me to stop battling for one. That is a big difference
2/11/2014 5:26 PM
All your complaining is going to do is make every coach go after your recruits now.

Good luck recruiting next season.
2/11/2014 5:46 PM
If he won't sign them then you clearly don't have any problems once he signs his recruits or stops recruiting them you can get them back and then you only lost one guy...
2/11/2014 7:21 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 2/11/2014 7:21:00 PM (view original):
If he won't sign them then you clearly don't have any problems once he signs his recruits or stops recruiting them you can get them back and then you only lost one guy...
If you know which one he wants...fight for that one.....and ignore the rest...they will come back to you if he does not sign them.  And, it should not be too easy to turn a bunch of recruits green.  Sounds like money spread too thin and not enough in on the ones you really want.
2/11/2014 7:30 PM
Posted by jsduke1488 on 2/11/2014 5:26:00 PM (view original):
You stole one good player. He changed 6 players that he will not sign to get me to stop battling for one. That is a big difference
JS.  These threads about stealing recruits are usually very very stale but you have really out done yourself.  As I understand your whiny thread, another coach put money into "green" recruits that you were also recruiting.  You believe the coach did this WITH NO INTENTION OF SIGNING THOSE RECRUITS.  If that was the case---and you two were the only schools that the recruit was interested---ALL those recruits would sign with you once the other coach filled all his scholarships.

So why are you a victim here?  If you knew he wasn't interested in signing your recruits, you didn't have to put any more money into them.  Just offer a scholarship and wait.  

Grow a set already. 

2/11/2014 7:48 PM
If this was done and there was no intention to sign the players, then it is a violation of the "fair play" rule.
As someone who used to use this tactic, I had my hand slapped by WIS for using it.
2/11/2014 8:49 PM

My one question to js - How much $$$ did you put out to turn them green? If you put out a minimum and they turned green, it may not have taken a lot to turn them to the other team. Not everyone can recruit at all cycles. If someone starts recruiting later than you, and had those same players on their watch list, just because they turned green to you doesn't mean they are yours and the next coach doesn't have as much right to try to recruit them.

Also - as presented in posts above - where are those recruits now? If your opponent didn't sign them are they still available? If not where did they sign?

2/11/2014 8:49 PM
Maybe it's karma for you leaving schools after 1 year to lat move instead of building a program.
2/11/2014 9:01 PM
As you would say, cowards way ...
2/11/2014 9:01 PM
This entire thread is horse$hit
2/11/2014 9:23 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 2/11/2014 9:23:00 PM (view original):
This entire thread is horse$hit
Yeah this is ridiculous on all accounts.

This post is whiny and frankly stupid. The responses from some aren't much better.
2/11/2014 9:55 PM
Posted by aegsm76 on 2/11/2014 8:49:00 PM (view original):
If this was done and there was no intention to sign the players, then it is a violation of the "fair play" rule.
As someone who used to use this tactic, I had my hand slapped by WIS for using it.
I don't think you can really prove intention
2/11/2014 9:56 PM
Well caesari and tigerpark I'm glad it's someone else besides me with a sh1tty whiny forum post to start of the new year! lol
2/11/2014 10:40 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
What a bad move from another player Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.