Now I have a example Topic

Posted by stingray002 on 2/12/2014 4:01:00 PM (view original):
The more attributes used and the more decisions to be made lead to more randomness.

Go back to the KISS method of designing this game and things will get a lot better really quickly.
I already brought this up in another post about how they should simplify their programming. I looked at the game and looks like you played too conservative. I sa w several very short and short passes. I don't use them that often, becuase I saw too many 1-3 yd passes. I guess it is ok on first down or 2nd/3rd and short.
2/13/2014 2:29 AM
I went short passes cause when I sent in a ticket I was told my interceptions were because of me attempting too many medium and long passes. Even though they're were prob at 25 and 10. Then I see my opponent throw majority medium and long and he throws for 70% with no picks. I was Aldo told interceptions would go up significantly .
2/13/2014 9:11 AM
Posted by kevintam90 on 2/12/2014 10:58:00 PM (view original):
Actually I never lost to a team I had no business losing to in 2.0. I got extremely lucky. I guess this kinda makes up for it. It's just upsetting. I have as good a team as you can get for d1aa
This is, I think, the biggest statement that can be made.  2.0 had its issues, for sure, but I never had that problem either.  

It appears to me that the "expected" differences in talent are not very large in 3.0, which makes some games closer (or go the other way) more than we would all expect.

This idea that "you should just vary your game plan and mix it up" is complete BS.  When you test one formation and one play hundreds of times and it simply does not work....that is a problem with the engine...simple...end of story.

2/13/2014 9:55 AM
Posted by kevintam90 on 2/13/2014 9:11:00 AM (view original):
I went short passes cause when I sent in a ticket I was told my interceptions were because of me attempting too many medium and long passes. Even though they're were prob at 25 and 10. Then I see my opponent throw majority medium and long and he throws for 70% with no picks. I was Aldo told interceptions would go up significantly .
This is also another good example of the engine "controlling" the game regardless of talent differential.

I have also given up on very short and short passing, because you cannot get any yards from those passes.  It does not matter what talent is on the field...the engine is programmed to deliver very few yards on those kinds of passes.

In real life, I throw to Tavon Austin at the sideline...2 yds behind LOS and he breaks it for 10-15 yds every time (ok, I exaggerate a bit to make the point).  In this game...there is no combination that will get you that result.
2/13/2014 9:58 AM
Kevin, your opponent threw a ton of short passes.  Go back and look at the PBP.  You left his RB and often his WR3 wide open short because you played the 4-3 against the Nickel the entire game.  That is why he completed 70%+ of his passes against you and kept drives alive.  Yes he his some medium passes and a couple of long ones, but so did you.  You allowed his short game to succeed by not covering his guys running short and it cost you.

That said, the talent difference between your two teams is very stark and yet another example that game planning in 3.0 is paramount to winning.  You can't just trot out the better team and win every time now.
2/13/2014 11:31 AM
How does one cover short passes. That's why I kept the 4-3 in except for 2nd and long and 3rd down. So I had a extra man in the box to defend runs and short passes. If I went nickel that's only another guy to cover medium and up. That being said when my linebackers are as fast as his receivers and RBs it shouldn't be a issue. If we threw the majority of the same differences how does he throw for 70%. Yet I throw for under 50.
2/13/2014 6:30 PM
Posted by kevintam90 on 2/13/2014 6:30:00 PM (view original):
How does one cover short passes. That's why I kept the 4-3 in except for 2nd and long and 3rd down. So I had a extra man in the box to defend runs and short passes. If I went nickel that's only another guy to cover medium and up. That being said when my linebackers are as fast as his receivers and RBs it shouldn't be a issue. If we threw the majority of the same differences how does he throw for 70%. Yet I throw for under 50.
You are right, in a short passing game 4-3 should be just as effective if not more so than nickle. That is if all things were running correctly. But talent has been watered down by too many decision points.
2/13/2014 6:35 PM
Also, on the conference page he said he didn't even know he made the playoffs. Therefore didn't game plan. The last couple seasons I kept it simple and ran the ball 50 times a game, but I didn't have as strong a RB as I usually do. Keeping it simple might be the way to go.

Still have a couple free seasons from reward points. But don't plan on paying for a faulty game.
2/13/2014 6:39 PM
Posted by jtd79 on 2/13/2014 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Kevin, your opponent threw a ton of short passes.  Go back and look at the PBP.  You left his RB and often his WR3 wide open short because you played the 4-3 against the Nickel the entire game.  That is why he completed 70%+ of his passes against you and kept drives alive.  Yes he his some medium passes and a couple of long ones, but so did you.  You allowed his short game to succeed by not covering his guys running short and it cost you.

That said, the talent difference between your two teams is very stark and yet another example that game planning in 3.0 is paramount to winning.  You can't just trot out the better team and win every time now.
jt:  The key item that coaches wanted for the new engine was for TALENT to matter more.  It appears that it matters less.

Now, we can debate what "talent" actually means in this engine all stinking day....because it is pretty clear that what "talent" meant in 2.0 does not mean the same thing in 3.0
2/13/2014 6:40 PM
Right now it seems as if talent doesn't matter at all . I knew this was coming. All season I was struggling to score points. By far the fewest Tds I've scored in a single season I believe. I would love for game planning to matter. But that too is a wash. Since my opponent didn't game plan.

I get it. It's tough to make talent/GP/IQ blend together. But at the end of the day, GP and IQ should be the difference between two similarly matched teams .
2/13/2014 6:46 PM (edited)
Posted by kevintam90 on 2/13/2014 6:39:00 PM (view original):
Also, on the conference page he said he didn't even know he made the playoffs. Therefore didn't game plan. The last couple seasons I kept it simple and ran the ball 50 times a game, but I didn't have as strong a RB as I usually do. Keeping it simple might be the way to go.

Still have a couple free seasons from reward points. But don't plan on paying for a faulty game.
I haven't played the new engine below 1A. But I can honestly say that the running game at my level has been made to be very stale. My Florida team has a couple of beast RB's. But I would haphazard a guess that in half the games I'm poor to mediocre in being able to run the ball. I built the team to be able to run. It's what I had wanted to do with the team and it was the best players available in my area. But the new engine with its too many decision points has made what is clearly one of the most talented teams in Warner 1A a largely mediocre squad.
2/13/2014 7:02 PM
Posted by kevintam90 on 2/13/2014 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Right now it seems as if talent doesn't matter at all . I knew this was coming. All season I was struggling to score points. By far the fewest Tds I've scored in a single season I believe. I would love for game planning to matter. But that too is a wash. Since my opponent didn't game plan.

I get it. It's tough to make talent/GP/IQ blend together. But at the end of the day, GP and IQ should be the difference between two similarly matched teams .
To be clear I want upsets. But if an under matched team is going to upset a better team he better damn well earn it by setting everything up right on his team. This clearly isn't whats occuring though. This guy didn't GP and inferior sims don't GP. Last season I was smoked by a team that talent wise I had an ever so slight edge. The great part was he was gone away from his team and also didn't GP. I lost by like 40 points as I recall.
2/13/2014 7:07 PM
That is exactly what I'm saying. I can handle a loss. But like u said they had better earn it.

Looking back, I still wouldn't have played my defense any different. I had to be ready for a run or a short pass so I kept 4-3 in. When it was long I played nickel. I don't think another competent coach would have done it any differently.

With my WR depth and stud QB. It looks like I should be a pass heavy team. But passing is so ineffective in this engine i might be doomed again next season .
2/13/2014 7:27 PM
I  Realized that the sims are running different GP depending on what I'm running If I beat the first 3 sims the fourth usually make the game a tough one.  
2/13/2014 7:54 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 2/12/2014 6:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhazlewood on 2/12/2014 3:38:00 PM (view original):
And we have no real idea what the engine is using for attributes, in what situations it is using them, and what weights are put on them.

When all the attributes are important....none of them are.  (famous quote from......wait for it.....wait for it......wait for it.....
*rushes in*

IT'S THE INCREDIBLES

(I almost missed my cue)
2/13/2014 11:31 PM
◂ Prev 12
Now I have a example Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.