Recruiting experiment gone right? Topic

i generally thought i was an exception in thinking considering credit was somewhat relevant, generally speaking... but the body of strange sim recruiting stories just doesn't lend itself to considering credit as a culprit, from what i can tell. CS has awarded people back players vs sims already, saying they can't figure out why the human didn't win. i would put a lot more money on a bug resulting in these situations than considering credit.
2/17/2014 10:59 AM
Gillispie are you still destroying everyone? in Tark?
2/17/2014 11:41 AM
Posted by joco45215 on 2/17/2014 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Gillispie are you still destroying everyone? in Tark?
not sure how to answer that, but NO is a good start :) its been a long, long, long time since i was destroying everyone in tark, a good 3 years? i sort of had a resurgence before seble made me drop one of those tark teams despite having them before he changed the multiple team rules. i was coaching south carolina which is a tough gig with so many top coaches at ACC schools with 20K on you every season. took a while to rebuild but in the last 5 seasons we were as good a team as any, won a title, lost one by 1 point at the last second after winning all game (at least it was to an all time great coach emy), and had another season as IMO a clear #1 just had a crushing elite 8 loss, after all the other top teams had already lost. the other two we were one of the best teams, one we were about on par with anyone else and one we were borderline top 5. i only got an A in the first season there, the 1 point title loss then title win the next season came recruited on an A-. so i was pretty happy with that, given the difficulty of competing down prestige and down money in a highly competitive recruiting area. really i had just finally finished the rebuild and gotten from b- to a+ when i left, so it was kind of ****** timing. also i switched to fastbreak halfway through the rebuild, which set me back, but my goal was to get a grip on the one offense i hadn't won with (although i still can't figure out what the hell is going on with flex), which i feel was accomplished.

but then i dropped all my teams and swore off the game... until i missed it too much and picked up kansas. i changed systems and am still figuring it out, season 4 is wrapping up, were in the running for the #1 seed most of the year but just lost 3 games recently, two by 1pt and 1 by 2pts, only have 1 other loss, so now are a 2 seed. i still think we are one of the most dangerous teams this year. its a strange team, i screwed up recruiting pretty bad early on and the highest rated player starting the season was only 813 overall. don't really have the ultra elite players, but we are 12 men deep pressing and the bottom guys are at least decent. so its kind of a strange situation, but we are getting there, slowly but surely. last season we would have been top 10 but i forgot to schedule, lost in the s16, so at least the recent trend is being competitive.
2/17/2014 12:28 PM (edited)
wow I missed a lot.....
2/17/2014 1:08 PM
◂ Prev 123
Recruiting experiment gone right? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.